PDA

View Full Version : Did you like this game right away or did it have to grow on you?

Pike
06-29-2014, 12:24 PM
I liked it right away! :love: It's one of my favorite FFs.

Motdrafin
06-29-2014, 01:11 PM
I liked it right away. I really enjoyed the different battle system and its advances in story compared to the first one. Also, I really liked the key-word system and soundtrack.

Rez09
06-29-2014, 03:48 PM
Though I'm not the biggest fan of the game, it has grown on me a bit -- I certainly think more highly of it now than I did five years ago.

Minwu was awesome right from the start, though. :)

Colonel Angus
06-29-2014, 04:08 PM
Even if the system is a little different, it's not really that bad. It's an incredibly enjoyable game.

VeloZer0
06-30-2014, 01:40 AM
This implies the only option is that you ended up liking it. :p

In my opinion of it hasn't changed much. Cool setting but the battle system makes it un-fun to play.

Wolf Kanno
06-30-2014, 06:53 AM
I grew to like this game, it was okay the first time I played through it but I found it more fun after I did a real in-depth analysis of its game mechanics. I still think it has too many flaws to be regarded as the best entry of the NES era but I like it more than garbage like FFX and XIII respectably.

Madame Adequate
07-01-2014, 07:34 PM
I liked it the moment I had my first fight and saw my stats increasing depending on what I had used. It's definitely one of my favorites and I'd really love to have seen some of these ideas brought back and expanded on (outside of the SaGa games, because they're shit). FF2s systems couldn't have improved a game like X and probably wouldn't have worked well with VII or VIII, but man I'd probably think IX and XII were the hottest shit if they had taken inspiration from this game.

Sephex
07-02-2014, 01:19 AM
I had no problem with it, but was not motivated to play through it until the GBA version. I felt the game was more reasonably balanced then.

Venom65437
07-05-2014, 09:59 PM
It's grown on me a little bit but I still don't like the battle system very much. It used to be my most hated FF game but now we have XIII and yeah...

Ayen
07-07-2014, 03:55 AM
The first time I played it I thought it was okay. Second time I played it while being familiar with the game's mechanics and I found it to be fantastic.

Pumpkin
07-07-2014, 04:33 AM
I've always liked it the same amount

Forsaken Lover
08-20-2014, 09:44 AM
I always liked it.

I liked it right away. I really enjoyed the different battle system and its advances in story compared to the first one. Also, I really liked the key-word system and soundtrack.

And this. All of it.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-11-2014, 10:19 PM
I liked the characters, story & music right away but the battle system took some getting used to.

Lynn-Strife
01-10-2015, 06:40 PM
Like it right away! I think this FF has an amazing story and great characters...and a lot of deaths...like too many O_o but even that make it perfect! :love:

Electroshock Therapy
07-01-2015, 04:44 AM
I like it right away, but I think that's because I was following HCBailly's guide for my first playthrough. Thank god I did, too, because I probably wouldn't have figured out some of the important gameplay mechanics that neither the game, the manual, or even the strategy guides tell you about! I probably would have made choices that can make this game a nightmare. Following his guide, I breezed through the game and found it really enjoyable.

I've experimented with some different set-ups since then and yeah... it can be a nightmare. I can see why this game can turn people off.

FFNut
07-04-2015, 10:42 AM
I didn't like it at first, I never understood the battle system and gave up on it after a couple days of beating the trout out of myself to get a few extra HP. However reading the reviews, and hearing what people are saying about it I am getting ready to try it again with a open mind. The story does sound good from what I read and I'd like to experience it myself!