PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about the music from FFVII

Pike
06-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Main theme gives me so many feels that I can't handle it.

6UARM4q7hHU

I also love the Gold Saucer theme because it's just SO JOYFUL!

pMaGq6vn7hg

And of course, Fiddle de Chocobo which is my favorite rendition of the chocobo theme.

aJmvj7o4ook

Tell me your faves, EoFF.

VeloZer0
06-29-2014, 02:42 PM
I love the game music, it might be my favorite OST.

We already mentioned the Main Theme so I will throw my hat in for

Staff Roll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgb6peaKCSc
A little bit of everything

J-E-N-O-V-A & Jenova Absolute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6GrZYE2il0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yX4h8Agi7U
I still listen to these (or the Black Mages version) to help get me psyched up for competitions.

Pumpkin
06-29-2014, 02:46 PM
I like the Cosmo Canyon music

metagloria
06-30-2014, 02:49 PM
Let's talk about the best remix albums ever, "Voices of the Lifestream" and "Black Materia".

-570-QIO258

k9ybfoHGQ6w

Oh and another one, "Final Heaven: A Melancholy Tribute to FF7".

KsAHfrBr_4c

Sephex
07-02-2014, 08:01 AM
I always felt that this track is looked over far too often.

CBRAkpXTmCs

Rez09
07-02-2014, 08:26 AM
^ Link isn't working for me.

cD5jO1H_llU

Sephex
07-02-2014, 08:32 AM
^ Link isn't working for me.

Fixed.

Rez09
07-02-2014, 08:33 AM
<_<

Well, that's amusing.

Sephex
07-02-2014, 08:34 AM
Don't worry, I thought it was funny. And yours is an extended version so now people can choose which version they can listen to!

Loony BoB
07-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Still More Fighting
lnGnJWKyBak

...Still More Fighting
l-EtQtE47Vk

Still More Fighting
NzFh9GuE0rA

Still More Fighting
U9M4Y16iDTE

Still More Fighting!?
77xWycwf-ic

Still More Fighting!
NrLB9PDl8Kk

ScottNUMBERS
07-04-2014, 11:39 PM
First of all, the best video game track ever produced:
t7wJ8pE2qKU
If you disagree you are wrong. :colbert:

I also really love:
2yX4h8Agi7U
+
2YWRiq-plxw

metagloria
07-05-2014, 03:04 PM
First of all, the best video game track ever produced:
t7wJ8pE2qKU
If you disagree you are wrong. :colbert:

Factual accuracy confirmed. There's no competition.

Rostum
07-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Songe on YouTube has some great arrangements of FF7 songs, here's a couple but there are many more on his channel:

uuVQGfu9EiQ

wDQ3p1-Y4uE

I did this way back when for this interested, one of my favourite tracks from the game:

9KIlPZb1VsI

Karifean
07-09-2014, 01:24 PM
My favorites would have to be these:

fiJVNzQDdCY

and

SJzfOA9uV6E

Although the more I think about it, the more I like
UMvHTlWyxH0

Ayen
07-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Main theme, battle theme, boss battle theme, victory theme, Shinra theme, Turks theme, One Winged Angel, Aerith theme, the music that plays in Midgar, all personal favorites.

The Man
07-09-2014, 07:49 PM
J-E-N-O-V-A is not only the finest song in the game (yes, even better than One-Winged Angel) but one of the finest in the series.

Skyblade
07-10-2014, 06:16 AM
I won't deny the awesomeness of J-E-N-O-V-A (it is definitely one of my favorite themes in the series), but I have to say that Loony BoB chose the song that just makes me want to play Final Fantasy VII. Every time I hear that theme, I just want to go fight all the bosses. Hundred Gunner, Motor Ball, Materia Keeper. So many awesome foes tied to that theme, and hearing it every time flashes me back to those fights and makes me want to relive them.

Depression Moon
07-10-2014, 06:28 PM
VII has one of the worst OSTs out of the series for me with only XII and the NES version of III beating it.

I like Cosmo Canyon, the boss theme, and One Winged Angel, but that's it.

metagloria
07-10-2014, 06:42 PM
VII has one of the worst OSTs out of the series for me with only XII and the NES version of III beating it.

I don't have words for how stupid this comment is. these are probably 3 of the 5 best OSTs in the series.

Clo
07-10-2014, 07:20 PM
I did this way back when for this interested, one of my favourite tracks from the game:

9KIlPZb1VsI

This is also my favorite track. I don't know what it is, but it makes me sad. :cry:

Psychotic
07-10-2014, 07:34 PM

I don't have words for how stupid this comment is. these are probably 3 of the 5 best OSTs in the series.Hey come on now, no need for that. We can disagree with each other without insulting each other.

metagloria
07-14-2014, 03:24 PM

I don't have words for how stupid this comment is. these are probably 3 of the 5 best OSTs in the series.Hey come on now, no need for that. We can disagree with each other without insulting each other.

Apologies to Depression Moon if I insulted your character. (I still think the comment is worth insulting.)

Forsaken Lover
08-17-2014, 12:24 AM
VII's soundtrack is great but there is one song that never gets as much love as it deserves.

TnBjZOPpGso

We all remember that first time we found Mideel...when we found our hero. First his mind and will were broken and then his body went too. Discovering Cloud in that pitiful, barely-alive state was really jarring. To cap it all off, Tifa's reaction and vowing to stay by his side made it hit even harder.

This song and that sad little noise that I think is supposed to be Cloud wheezing or a machine breathing for him, as well as the way his head slowly rises then inevitably falls down again, was just incredibly tragic for the time.

Uchu
08-18-2014, 01:58 AM
VII's soundtrack is great but there is one song that never gets as much love as it deserves.

We all remember that first time we found Mideel...when we found our hero. First his mind and will were broken and then his body went too. Discovering Cloud in that pitiful, barely-alive state was really jarring. To cap it all off, Tifa's reaction and vowing to stay by his side made it hit even harder.

This song and that sad little noise that I think is supposed to be Cloud wheezing or a machine breathing for him, as well as the way his head slowly rises then inevitably falls down again, was just incredibly tragic for the time.

Yeah, that's a cool piece of music and i agree with what you said. Also, the first time i played through the game it took me a while to find him and so when i finally did, just to see him in that state and Tifa breakdown was a pretty emotional part of the game for me.

I also like 'On The Other Side of the Mountain' for when Tifa and Clouds relationship is revealed to actually not have been all that close as children, something we were made to believe to be true up until that point.

MQR6oko6YkE