PDA

View Full Version : LEAST favorite character in FFIX

Pike
06-29-2014, 12:53 PM
Let it all out. Who annoys you the most?

Shiva95
06-29-2014, 02:16 PM
I like all the characters in FFIX, but my least favorite one in the group is Quina. I find him/her very funny, but nothing more.

Jinx
06-29-2014, 04:10 PM
I'm not a fan of Quina either, but I like him much, much better than Amarant. Amarant is annoying, pointless, and just comes in much too late.

magemasher
06-29-2014, 05:38 PM
Zorn and Thorn, I wasn't a fan of them, of them, a fan I wasn't.

Rez09
06-29-2014, 05:44 PM
I am the ONLY person in the world, but, Vivi. I still think sticking him in a trash can and giving me the Black Waltz 3 would have made the game better. >:I

The Man
06-29-2014, 07:11 PM
I don't think there are any characters in this game I actually dislike. Of the playable cast Amarant did the least for me; he's just sort of there, but I can't say I actually dislike any of them.

Pumpkin
06-29-2014, 07:45 PM
Amarant

Psychotic
06-29-2014, 08:09 PM
I am the ONLY person in the world, but, Vivi. I still think sticking him in a trash can and giving me the Black Waltz 3 would have made the game better. >:II don't dislike Vivi but I do think he is overrated.

Probably Amarant or Freya I suppose. There's just not much too them.

Neptunia
06-29-2014, 08:35 PM
either steiner or amarant. steiner is probably useful but I don't use him beyond the bits the game forces you to. and amarant who? what dose he even do?

Wolf Kanno
06-30-2014, 05:56 AM
Garnet, I have a hard time with protagonists who push the plot along by having a death grip on the idiot ball and she's mostly useless after you get everyone else. She just doesn't do anything for me.

Madame Adequate
06-30-2014, 04:49 PM
Zidane and Garnet.

Which probably forms a significant part of why I don't like this game that much.

StarCross1988
06-30-2014, 11:07 PM
Amarant is boring and pointless, and Eiko is annoying.

Sephex
07-03-2014, 05:22 AM
Amarant really felt shoehorned in the game. Maybe if he was introduced earlier somehow it could have worked, but I was annoyed with being thrown a character like that out of nowhere.

Ergroilnin
07-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Hmm I can't decide between Garnet (too much teen drama), Eiko (just plain annoying) and Amarant (I don't like him so much that I don't even know what to point out).

Eh actually ye that would be Amarant.

Jessweeee♪
07-17-2014, 06:03 AM
Zorn and Thorn, I wasn't a fan of them, of them, a fan I wasn't.

Yeah, they got kind of old. Of the playable class I'm also gonna say Amarant. I mean I didn't dislike him, he's alright, I just like everyone else more.

metagloria
07-17-2014, 01:04 PM
:(

Amarant is my second favorite character in the entire series

Loony BoB
07-17-2014, 01:07 PM
Probably Eiko. Boring (Amarant) is better than being outright annoying.

Christmas
07-17-2014, 02:38 PM
Necron, not much background story and appears naked. :(

Dat Matt
07-19-2014, 02:00 AM
I don't like Zidane as a playable character. He's weak and is switched out nearly immediately. As an NPC with story though, he's great. Love him.

Ayen
07-19-2014, 02:11 AM
Kuja. He just comes across as a creeper and isn't the least bit threatening or interesting. I find Queen Brahne more intimidating.

Masamunemaster
07-25-2014, 05:28 AM
Steiner, for two reasons. First of all it takes him so long to stop being stuck up garnets butt, bugging her about how she needs to be instead of what she wants. Second because he can't be fully useful unless you have vivi with him at all times.

arenzi
07-28-2014, 03:08 PM
Vivi. Honestly I find any character like him to be annoying and overrated.

Freya
07-28-2014, 03:17 PM
Freya had the first two discs dedicated to her so she at least has some point, but armarant? Not much going for him.

Levon
07-31-2014, 07:31 PM
Zidane and Garnet.

Which probably forms a significant part of why I don't like this game that much.

Agree to some extent.
Hated the romance part of them, in my opinion it felt a bit forced. Romance for the sake of romance. Other than that, they're both decent characters. Especially Zidane, since he's, you know, awesome.

Kuja. He just comes across as a creeper and isn't the least bit threatening or interesting. I find Queen Brahne more intimidating.Not threatening? Didn't he destroy an entire planet in a fit of rage?

I went ahead and merged these posts for you! Please try not to double post :D ~Scotty_ffgamer

Ayen
08-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Kuja. He just comes across as a creeper and isn't the least bit threatening or interesting. I find Queen Brahne more intimidating.

Not threatening? Didn't he destroy an entire planet in a fit of rage?

Bish, please. I watch Dragon Ball Z.
...I didn't get that far.

Quindiana Jones
08-02-2014, 04:53 AM
YOU'RE ALL BANNED. :argh:

Carl the Llama
08-07-2014, 06:23 AM
I would have to choose between Amarant and Eiko. Eiko is annoying, but then all kids are. Amarant on the other hand had practically no character development.

I would go with Amarant I guess, purely because Eiko will grow up at some point, Amarant on the other hand will always be boring.

Rantz
08-07-2014, 10:39 AM
I don't think there are any characters in this game I actually dislike. Of the playable cast Amarant did the least for me; he's just sort of there, but I can't say I actually dislike any of them.
Pretty much that. Amarant is okay, and pretty useful as a playable character if used right, but there's not a lot of character there.

I find Eiko hilarious. All her obnoxiousness just makes me lol. I don't understand how to actually get annoyed by her. :D

maybee
08-07-2014, 10:53 AM
I don't hate anybody in Final Fantasy 9 ):

Amarant could of been a much stronger character when it came to his character development though. And Steiner is a huge douche, unless you're Vivi to everybody at the beginning, though I always forgive him and love him at the end.

So yeah, I wish that a few characters could have a stronger characterization, some annoy me, some just feel bleh- but I don't hate or strongly dislike any of them.

fat_moogle
08-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Please, don't any of you have any manners? It's MASTER Vivi!

Anyway my least favourite playable character in FFIX is Amarant. Sure he has a couple decent attacks, but he just seems so out of place in the party.

Maybe he should have just remained a theif in Treno because honestly if he wasn't in the game it wouldn't have made one bit of difference.

maybee
08-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Please, don't any of you have any manners? It's MASTER Vivi!

Quindiana Jones
08-07-2014, 01:25 PM
I do find Amarant to be the most out of place and underdeveloped. You can see some of the intention behind him, but with the game getting a bit rushed out and him being such a late arrival, he just doesn't get the necessary attention.

Good in battle, though! :D

Spooniest
08-10-2014, 03:55 AM
I dislike Quina...just looking at that thing makes my skin crawl.

LujaKulu
10-12-2014, 10:24 PM
Amarant, definitely. Eiko irritates me, but she does grow on me by the end. Amarant had potential, but he just comes into the game way too late to care about. They should've had him come into the game early, perhaps appearing in places where Zidane is (like Dali) before Brahne sends him after them to the Outer Continent.

Taiga
10-12-2014, 11:09 PM
I hate Zorn and Thorn. As for party members... I can't decide. Eiko and Quina are annoying (however, I got used to Eiko at some point), and I also don't like Amarant, although I can't really say why.

chionos
10-13-2014, 01:52 AM
Easily Kuja.
I like Amarant but I don't like what they did with the character (nothing. they did nothing with the character)

Depression Moon
10-13-2014, 07:49 AM
Oh you meant who annoys me? No one. So in terms of your definition, I don't have a least favorite character.

Galuf
01-09-2015, 02:31 AM
my favourite is Quina. but my least favourite is Eiko because she is dumb. like how can a 6 year old possibly even think about going out with a 16 year old?!?

Quindiana Jones
01-09-2015, 05:14 AM
Hello. I teach children. I am 24. Some of them definitely want to marry me. They don't really understand what it means, I'm sure, but there we go.

Eiko is a 6 year old who has been alone for a very long time. I'm not surprised she would get so thoroughly attached to the only possible thing she could get attached to. xD

Pumpkin
01-09-2015, 05:23 AM
Yeah I took it as a little silly crush thing like a lot of kids have. I can't even count the number of 5,6,7 year olds who had a crush on someone much older like a babysitter or a teacher. Kids at that age are still learning about that stuff so their emotions can get a bit confused sometimes

She can be annoying, sure, but I overall like the character and I wouldn't say her crush on Zidane is one of her bad qualities. She even seems to know deep down that its silly considering how often she encourages Garnet and Zidane together