PDA

View Full Version : If this game was free to play...

Pike
06-29-2014, 01:05 PM
...I think I would play it. As it is I don't want to play a subscription fee, though.

Anyone else like me?

Aulayna
06-29-2014, 03:27 PM
It's worth the subscription fee imo, tbh I'm not a huge supporter of the subscription model in general - but XIV more than earns my money. Major content patches every 3 months, loads of nostalgia, and a really refined and polished gameplay experience in general. The developers are also very transparent and engaged with the community, which is a rarity with MMOs, let alone for Square Enix.

Formalhaut
06-29-2014, 03:34 PM
I'm just not sure I could get into the commitment, to be honest. Being a member of a free company probably comes with responsibilities, and you'd have to at least be semi-active to you know, not get left behind.

That and the money would be a slight, if constant, sap to my wallet. It isn't really a put off, the money, but it is there. And MMOs practically necessitate a decently powerful desktop with the graphic requirements, and I'm not the most hardcore gamer so I don't have one :p

It would be nice if they had like a free to play up to a certain level or amount of time, like a free trial. They probably already do that, I have no clue.

Pike
06-29-2014, 04:46 PM
With me it's mostly that I'm a cheapskate haha

escobert
06-30-2014, 01:13 AM
For me it's more of I just don't want to level characters in a mmo ever again.

CimminyCricket
06-30-2014, 01:27 AM
I really want to play this, but when I figure into the fact that I rarely have time for games, I wouldn't be happy paying for something I'm not using. :C

Aulayna
06-30-2014, 04:02 PM
I'm just not sure I could get into the commitment, to be honest. Being a member of a free company probably comes with responsibilities, and you'd have to at least be semi-active to you know, not get left behind.

That and the money would be a slight, if constant, sap to my wallet. It isn't really a put off, the money, but it is there. And MMOs practically necessitate a decently powerful desktop with the graphic requirements, and I'm not the most hardcore gamer so I don't have one :p

It would be nice if they had like a free to play up to a certain level or amount of time, like a free trial. They probably already do that, I have no clue.

Not really on both those points, there are plenty of casual FCs and the group finder tool means you're rarely left behind as people will always be running content. The system requirements are pretty low now too, especially compare to the original version.

KentaRawr!
07-02-2014, 06:45 PM
If it were free to play and I had a good computer, I definitely would play. I miss playing FF online with people I really enjoy the company of.

Of course, that's in a hypothetical situation in which it's both free to play and good. :p I think it'd be much worse of a game if it were F2P.

Yar
07-04-2014, 12:36 PM
I look at it this way: I was probably spending $50~$60 a month on cigarettes when I smoked. I've since started playing after I quit smoking. That's a net savings of about $40 a month for me!

Ouch!
07-06-2014, 06:00 AM
If it went free to play, I would likely quit.

Ayen
07-07-2014, 12:09 AM
The first 30 days of the subscription are free and I believe you can get a good price for it off Steam from time to time. I'd likely play anything that's free because it's free, but it's not a bad deal they're offering now from what people keep telling me. Right now the only thing keeping me from getting it is my current work schedule.

Rostum
07-07-2014, 03:40 AM
I'm with Zach, I would quit if it went free-to-play. Companies need to generate revenue through the game either way, and I'd prefer a small subscription fee with access to all content than paying more on cash shops to access bits of content.

Loony BoB
07-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Yeah, I prefer the subscription model with MMOs, I find the quality goes up considerably. For me, F2P is something I'd consider more for games like FFXI - in other words, older games that don't require as much work on future updates due to how much there already is to do, how 'complete' they are, etc.

Pike
07-07-2014, 10:34 AM
I actually agree and I prefer playing subscription based games. I just have reached a point where I don't want to subscribe to an MMO right now :p

Madame Adequate
07-08-2014, 03:53 AM
Probably not, like Pike I'm just not in an MMO state of mind right now so I don't think it would sway me.

Sephex
07-08-2014, 08:37 AM
I just never have time for MMOs. When they need a subscription I don't want to spend money to not have enough time to play them. When they are free I want to devote my time to current/backlog games that I want to play. Or I just play an older game anyway because I am an asshat.