PDA

View Full Version : What types of things adorn your walls?

Pike
06-29-2014, 02:16 PM
I have several comic book and video game related posters, as well as maps of the provinces of Skyrim, Cyrodiil and the Vvardenfell portion of Morrowind on my wall. Because I am a mature 30 year old adult and obviously this is what goes in my apartment.

I also have a map of my hometown (because it is the best place in the world and if you disagree you are wrong) as well as a couple of posters from theatre productions I helped with in university.

How about everyone else? :bigsmile:

Formalhaut
06-29-2014, 02:21 PM
In terms of my bedroom, nothing. I am a very plain and boring person.

Araciel
06-29-2014, 02:38 PM
Tasteful images of things going into other things.

fire_of_avalon
06-29-2014, 02:45 PM
I have nothing on my walls at present which irritates me. I need to get something on my walls because they are bare and boring but there's definitely space for something good.

Pumpkin
06-29-2014, 02:50 PM
I feel like such a loser because I usually hang nothing on my walls except for that one picture frame of Michael showing his first year growing up. Oh and calendars. I am a big calendar person. I plan to buy a painting from our very own Pete for President when I move and put that on the wall. Other than that, I don't hang up anything.

Sharky on the otherhand has posters everywhere and trophy plaques everywhere. The trophies make me a bit uncomfortable because I was raised to think that's immodest when you have them all over the house and not in a designated private area. I haven't told him that though because I don't want to make him feel bad.

fire_of_avalon
06-29-2014, 02:54 PM
I dunno how to break it to you shion, but....

I want some trophies. I never won anything ever, except for the ladybeard contest, which was awesome and I got a mustache cup.

Pumpkin
06-29-2014, 02:56 PM
I'd like some trophies too actually. Right now, the only semblance of one I have is a certificate saying I completed a training for recognizing the signs of child sexual abuse and I know the necessary steps to take if anyone tells me it happened.

I have no accomplishments :cry:

Formalhaut
06-29-2014, 03:17 PM
I'd like some trophies too actually. Right now, the only semblance of one I have is a certificate saying I completed a training for recognizing the signs of child sexual abuse and I know the necessary steps to take if anyone tells me it happened.

I have no accomplishments :cry:

That's an accomplishment. :)

Madame Adequate
06-29-2014, 05:56 PM
Since my sci-fi picture of aliens delivering Moai fell off the wall and broke, nothing :(

Aulayna
06-29-2014, 05:57 PM
Nothing, anymore. Never got around to re-mounting anything after I moved xD

Agent Proto
06-29-2014, 06:03 PM
Some posters and drawings are on my wall. Not really a whole lote though to cover an entire wall.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-29-2014, 09:37 PM
I have movie posters all over my house. Also a Doctor Who - Da Vinci swirly night timey wimey print.

Christmas
06-30-2014, 01:17 AM
Paintings, plushies and posters. :bigsmile:

I refer them as "3P". :bigsmile:

CimminyCricket
06-30-2014, 01:25 AM
I only have a comic, a picture my grandmother painted, a poster I won, a poster I bought and a picture I painted on my walls. My wife would like to have all these other gaudy strange looking items on our wall because they're 'stylish', but I don't understand it.

Colonel Angus
06-30-2014, 01:31 AM
In my bedroom there's a 2014 Dilbert Calendar.

escobert
06-30-2014, 01:34 AM
All sorts of random stuff. Posters, masks, maps, hats and other stuffs!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-30-2014, 01:57 AM
A 2014 Walking Dead calender :zombie:

Fuzakeru
06-30-2014, 02:32 AM
Every room in my house has a different theme. The medieval guest room or our nerd cave basement probably have my favorites.

Medieval guest room houses: A sword. A tapestry. A shield. A cage with a little baby dragon in it. Sconces. A king and queen crown. My boyfriend's family coat of arms.
Nerd Cave: Fireplace is set up all Legend of Zelda with Link's hat, sword, shield, book, ocarina, red potion, green potion, and blue potion - We have two Harry Potter newpaper canvas hangs, an entire wall devoted to various video game world maps hanging, portal mirrors that glow, and black/red shelving with a Mario level drawn going on.

noxious.sunshine
06-30-2014, 04:22 AM
Nothing.

But I really want to get into finding cool shit to hang up..

Miss Mae
06-30-2014, 04:30 AM
One clock, an assortment of my own paintings and a pair of sexy Meg Turney posters.

Wolf Kanno
06-30-2014, 09:11 AM
What do you have hanging on your walls? Pictures of family? Posters of movies? Wallscrolls of scantly-clad anime characters you stare longingly at as your hands...er what was I talkign about? Oh yeah, what do you have on your walls?

Parker
06-30-2014, 09:22 AM
its ok pike has made so many threads I haven't read them all either

Pike
06-30-2014, 10:20 AM
Merged with the thread I made yesterday :p

Alive-Cat
06-30-2014, 05:04 PM
Right now I don't have walls, I have my mum's living room walls which has pictures of me and my brothers as babies on them :greenie:

When I get a place in a few weeks, I will have lots of nice looking pictures of art/views/women

Shorty
06-30-2014, 05:10 PM
I'm not allowed to put anything up on my walls because my parents don't want to have to patch any holes in the nice tan paint that covers my room. :mad2:

I have a collection of posters that I would otherwise put up of bands and Alfonse Mucha art nouveau, etc. Calliope sent me a wonderful "Who Killed Amanda Palmer?" vs. Twin Peaks poster as a gift earlier this year and it hurts my heart that I can't hang it anywhere yet ;__________________;

Jess
06-30-2014, 07:52 PM
A clock! A big wooden Lizard (he is called Biz). A decorative piece that looks like branches, with bronze leaves and tea-light candles. :jess:

Mirage
06-30-2014, 07:55 PM
A MGS4 promotional poster, an Army of Darkness poster. That's about it right now.

theundeadhero
07-03-2014, 11:46 PM
Mostly paint. I few smudges here or there and a Final Fantasy poster, but mostly paint.

Christmas
07-04-2014, 01:43 AM
Mostly paint. I few smudges here or there and a Final Fantasy poster, but mostly paint.

Ya right. Wait till I shine some UV light onto your wall and see what soft of body fluid is on it or all over it. :chocobo:

theundeadhero
07-04-2014, 04:20 PM
But I was thinking of you when I put them there :bigsmile:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-04-2014, 11:14 PM
I'm not allowed to put anything up on my walls because my parents don't want to have to patch any holes in the nice tan paint that covers my room. :mad2:

That's BS because the "holes" made by tacks are unnoticeable unless you're looking for them :colbert:

Besides that tan should really be covered with posters or painted over anyway.

Ayen
07-07-2014, 04:39 AM
I have posters of X-Men 2, The Amazing Spider-Man, Yu-Gi-Oh, Hawaiian Tropic, Ninja Day 2010, Van Helsing, pictures of Buffy, Angel, Spike, and The Rock, and a Doctor Who calendar. I also have a Spider-Man light up button, an I Voted sticker, and a note that says "Take Pill" that I always forget is there. I also have a picture of my grandmother as a baby and another picture of her standing with her granddaughter.

Pike
07-24-2014, 11:23 AM
I forgot to mention that I have a super awesome Star Trek TOS calendar on my wall!