PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Prime

Pike
06-29-2014, 02:24 PM
So for roughly the price of Netflix you can subscribe to Amazon Prime and get free shipping on basically everything plus a bunch of free Kindle books and movies and stuff.

I know some people who say that it's worth the price to pretty much never have to leave the house to shop again. Myself, I have to leave the house to go to work anyway, so. :p

Has anyone tried this? If so, what are your thoughts?

Araciel
06-29-2014, 02:37 PM
They always ship stuff that I buy free, but Prime was good cause they delivered it within a day. Still, Chapters has better prices if you can find what you're looking for (/Canada).

Pumpkin
06-29-2014, 02:45 PM
sharky's dad has this and offers to let us use it when we use amazon, but I never do :lol:

I don't know why that's funny to me, I'm just making myself miss out but OH WELL

Iceglow
06-29-2014, 08:45 PM
Pike, whilst I can't speak about all the services on offer in the USA (we here in the UK don't get Prime Music) I spent the past 6 months effectively doing Amazon Customer Service for Prime. In the UK they have Prime Instant Video (PIV) which is like £5.99 per month or £71.88 per year when you do the math, for like £7.12 they deliver anything fulfilled by Amazon to you for free with next day delivery too which is like £12 per order normally.

In short, Prime most certainly is worth it, not to mention Prime Instant Video in the USA includes a lot better movies than the UK.

Sephex
06-29-2014, 08:52 PM
This is cool, but I was honestly hoping that Retro Studios would make another Metroid Prime.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-30-2014, 01:47 AM
Sometimes I think about signing up but then I feel like I don't shop enough there to get my money's worth.

escobert
06-30-2014, 01:49 AM
I always take advantage of their free months of prime and buy computer parts :p

Scotty_ffgamer
06-30-2014, 02:34 AM
I have Prime until the end of July, and then it's being cancelled for me. I was doing it when I was still considered a student and was getting it for half off or something like that. Now I need to save money and am going to try to stop trying to buy stuff on amazon for a while. It's definitely worth it if you shop on there a lot just for the shipping, and the video service is definitely a plus! I don't know about Amazon Music, but it's probably pretty good too.

Miss Mae
06-30-2014, 04:39 AM
I don't buy enough from Amazon to make paying them a monthly fee worth my while. Mostly I buy books online and there's an Australian site that promises to always beat Amazon prices and always ships free, so I just use them. :jess:

Shorty
06-30-2014, 09:31 PM
I have a guest Prime account that my parents gave me at no extra cost to them. I get the free shipping, but no kindle books or movies/tv.

I don't care, because I get those things for free anyway. :shobon:

StarCross1988
06-30-2014, 10:44 PM
I'm still a college student so they give it to me at a discount. I buy stuff off of amazon allll the time, and the prime to me is totally worth it. I also have a Kindle so that's a plus too that you get free books.

It really depends on how much you would use it and if it's worth it for you to get your stuff a few days earlier.

chionos
06-30-2014, 11:06 PM
I've had Prime for a few years now and love it. I make my money back on free shipping for books alone, so all the other stuff is just icing.

Old Manus
06-30-2014, 11:21 PM
I heard from a few friends who use it that PIV IS ALWAYS RAPE isn't worth it due to half the titles being pay-per-view.

chionos
06-30-2014, 11:31 PM
PIV is an extension of Amazon's instant video service (through which one purchases movies or television episodes) that allows some of those videos to be streamed for free. There are some things on PIV that aren't on Netflix, but Netflix in general has a larger/better library. I take the video thing as a nice extra after the other, more relevant (at least to me), benefits.

Alive-Cat
07-01-2014, 04:32 PM
I have a free trial of this! I don't want it to end :(