PDA

View Full Version : Days of searching and all I got was this lousy giftcard!

Pike
06-29-2014, 02:27 PM
So I use DuckDuckGo as my primary search engine, however Bing gives you points for searching with them which can be cashed out for gift cards. So I signed up for Bing Rewards, found a Bing search bot (eheheh :shobon: ) and started doing daily visits a few months back. Since then I've made maybe $20 in Amazon gift cards.

...but hey, that's $20 in free Amazon gift cards for like no work! :hyper:

So how about you guys - are you willing to do dumb tedious things like this for little rewards or is this just me being a tightwad? :holmes: (it's probably me being a tightwad)

fire_of_avalon
06-29-2014, 02:57 PM
I like Bing's photo background but honestly the results I get are not as good as Google. Also everything else I do is synced with Google so it's more convenient. However if Bing is going to give me money I might have to reconsider (I need alternative sources of income.)

Colonel Angus
06-29-2014, 03:38 PM
DuckDuckGo gave my computer a virus, so it's a DuckDuckNo for me.

As FoA stated, The Google's search results are better than The Bing's. Plus, when you're image searching, you can search by image w/ them.

Formalhaut
06-29-2014, 03:42 PM
Is Bing that desperate for people that they're throwing out giftcards?

Parker
06-29-2014, 03:52 PM
Duck Duck Go is great and probably didn't give anyone a virus :/

It kinda doesn't have good a search as Google (nothing does) but it seems to be getting better.

Lmao that Bing pays people to use it (it's awful)

Colonel Angus
06-29-2014, 03:57 PM
I dunnae if it was the site, but It could've been the add-on/toolbar or something. I know it happened after I tried it. All I know is I don't bother w/ it anymore. I won't go on it, so that's why I hadn't reported anything, Pike.

escobert
06-29-2014, 04:02 PM
no. Money is meant for me to spend it and I will spend it all.

Miss Mae
06-30-2014, 04:48 AM
I am more than happy to do stupid things for money. I am a little on the broke side.

Sephex
06-30-2014, 05:10 AM
uase it was the only way to dispose of the body

EDIT: So I thought this was the CTRL+V thread. Nobody panic. I am leaving this because now I fear removing it will make me seem suspicious. Or maybe this edit is? I SWEAR TO GOD I DIDN'T DO IT I DON'T WANT TO GO TO JAIL PLEASE!!!!!

Alive-Cat
06-30-2014, 06:11 AM
I always forget that there are other search engines than google, google is good enough for me! :greenie:

Maybe I should start doing things online that give me free stuff, though. Maybe I will!