PDA

View Full Version : What contests have you won?

Pumpkin
06-29-2014, 02:57 PM
I won a contest for shoving the most crackers in my mouth without needing a drink at a summer camp once whooo!!

Araciel
06-29-2014, 03:02 PM
I only win things like 'balanced performance' at work

Also no sick days for a year etc.

Formalhaut
06-29-2014, 03:13 PM
Um... :confused:

blackmage_nuke
06-29-2014, 03:16 PM
I got a free MP3 player in a lucky draw once.

Colonel Angus
06-29-2014, 03:32 PM
I won an Apex Award for an article I wrote on "The Under-Cover Angel" (not as erotic as it sounds).

I got a bobble head for winning Fantasy Football (U.S.) a few years back.

I won some award in an Academic Decathlon in H.S.

Aulayna
06-29-2014, 03:34 PM
I won a medal for predicting the London 2012 medals table.

I also won a free coffee from the canteen at work for having the best suggestion for a drink they should add to their menu.

That's about it.

I peaked too early.

Shauna
06-29-2014, 03:35 PM
None. I am not particularly lucky or good at competitions.

S'why I have so many endeavour awards!

Iceglow
06-29-2014, 10:09 PM
uhhh, I used to win "Most warranty sales" a lot when I worked for HMV. This would usually result in my being given a copy of a chart game of my choosing, genuinely it got so bad, there wasn't anything left I wanted and I wound up removing myself from the competition.

I also once won 2 tickets for Download at Donnington Park (metal festival) with camping by entering a text and win on the radio.

Other than that, the odd ciddie here or there.

Lonely Paper Star
06-29-2014, 10:36 PM
Do DDR tournaments count? :lol:

Christmas
06-29-2014, 11:57 PM
I won an award for posting visitor messages! Does that counts!!?? :bigsmile:

Although the trophy looks like it's masturbatung. :gator:

Formalhaut
06-30-2014, 12:20 AM
I once won a Bible from a Christian radio station for calling in with the correct Bible verse.

Yup.

Wouldn't knowing the correct Bible verse basically mean you already have a Bible? Bit of a strange reward to give you something you probably already have :p

Colonel Angus
06-30-2014, 12:26 AM
I once won a Bible from a Christian radio station for calling in with the correct Bible verse.

Yup.

Wouldn't knowing the correct Bible verse basically mean you already have a Bible? Bit of a strange reward to give you something you probably already have :p
You can never have enough bibles, heathen!!!!! USA USA USA

sharkythesharkdogg
06-30-2014, 12:53 AM
Some track events and cross-country meets in high school.

Individual road races, and then series championships with my sidekick Raoul the racecar.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-30-2014, 01:45 AM
25th anniversary FF poster :smug:

Scotty_ffgamer
06-30-2014, 02:40 AM
I generally don't win things that are chance, but I've won a few times.

First thing I can remember was winning a $100 gift card to Price Chopper at Wizards game. I was still in Elementary school and my parents just took the gift card for themselves, so it wasn't that special for me.

I won a Disgaea game in a drawing over at Cim's forums (http://forums.thedisgaeafan.net/index.php) which was pretty cool.

The only other thing of note I can think of is scoring the winning goal of a soccer tournament in high school against the best team my school would ever probably play against. That was pretty cool I suppose. I even got a trophyat the end of the year for "best goal of the season" or something like that.

Miss Mae
06-30-2014, 04:37 AM
I used to win contests a lot as a kid. Just luck-based ones. I won tickets to the circus once and also won a huge Mickey Mouse plush toy. I won tickets to Australia Zoo once in a radio competition when I was like 12.

More recently I won a writing award and made some money off that. :jess:

Aelitalily
06-30-2014, 01:08 PM
I brought a piece of finished art work to show off to my friend (now bf) at work, just so happens that there was an art competition being held at work that same day!

Someone asked if I had brought it for the comp and was like O-o noooo... but.... I will enter this as long as I will get it back xD

I won first place & $100 gift card! \o/

Sephiroth
06-30-2014, 01:24 PM
I won several Yugioh tournaments and such.

noxious.sunshine
06-30-2014, 01:58 PM
Ribbons from winning my heats or finishing top 4 when I was on the swim team.

I won a drawing for tickets to the Dixie Stampede in Pigeon Forge at a company party my dad's boss held for all the drivers and their families at Dollywood when I was like 10 or 11.

A few go kart races.

Came in 3rd for top reader in my grade in 5 th grade for an Accelerated Reader contest. Top 30 got to go to Pizza Hut & the park for lunch in the town beside us and top 15 got to participate in a water balloon fight with the 6th grade top readers.

Honor Roll award in 4th grade for making HR all year (even though my teacher was a bitch and my parents and I hated her).

Won a $25 gift card in a weekly drawing when I worked at LongHorn.

Won a bunch of games at Red Lobster that resulted in free appetizers.

Alive-Cat
06-30-2014, 05:00 PM
I have never much won anything before in my life :(

magemasher
06-30-2014, 06:45 PM
Two dance competitions as a kid, more for innovative moves I'd imagine. I won a pen and free cinema tickets.

Football trophies and Pool trophies in my teens.

Best spliff roller in the park (c)2007. This would be my proudest accolade.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-30-2014, 09:42 PM
I have never much won anything before in my life :(

You won my heart, ya big stud.