PDA

View Full Version : Vincent

Pike
06-29-2014, 03:04 PM
I remember being one of those terrible kids who thought Hot Topic was amazing and obviously I thought that Vincent was TEH BESTEST CHARACTER EVAR!!!!!11 SO DARK AND EDGY!

Who else went through this phase?

...do you still like Vincent anyway?

Rez09
06-29-2014, 05:27 PM
Vincent and Sephiroth were my original favorite characters in the game, the former pretty well for the exact reason you stated, and while I still like Vincent's design, he rarely finds his way into my party nowadays. His limits simply don't offer me enough to make up for losing control of him, and his long-range property is covered by Barret and, I believe, Yuffie.

Wolf Kanno
06-30-2014, 07:24 AM
I liked Vincent initially, then I got older and wiser and realized his issues have more to do with him being a creepy clingy stalker who could easily get past his issues if he recognized that Lucretia was a selfish woman who screwed him over for her ego as a scientist. Not counting the characters I hate in this game, Vincent is the one who I like less with each playthrough. With that said, I like the variety his Limit Break gives so I still use him in my party.

Sephex
07-02-2014, 08:13 AM
Though I was in my dark and spooky phase, I didn't really gravitate towards Vincent as far as his character goes. I didn't really dig the sort-of-vampire theme too much, and I thought his pointy shoes in battle looked silly.

Rostum
07-05-2014, 04:10 AM
Nah, I was more into Cid and Barret for their ruggedness and pure awesome factor.

Christmas
07-05-2014, 02:58 PM
He sleeps in a coffin and so do I. So that should make us besties. :bigsmile:

Ayen
07-19-2014, 06:06 AM
I never got Vincent in any of my playthrough except the last one, so I never saw his story unfold. I was formally introduced to him through the movie and saw more of him in DoC. I liked him in both, but I'm more fond of the two original characters I encountered in role-play based off him than Vincent himself. Assassin will know what I'm talking about *cough*

Dat Matt
07-19-2014, 11:53 AM
I used vincent first time around when I was crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal factor.

Now though I mostly used chicks in my party, because boobs.

Bubba
07-19-2014, 12:00 PM
I actually find Vincent one of the least interesting characters. He looks awesome and I do enjoy his Limit Breaks but he doesn't have much dialogue with the others so I rarely use him.

Forsaken Lover
08-17-2014, 12:10 AM
STEVEN BLUM!

Also he had a very nice theme song in the original.

Vinny-Mac is cool in my book. He's probably more relevant to the story than most of the mandatory party and he looks cool (because capes).

The fact is he just didn't realize Lucrecia is kind of a skank. That's not his fault though. Love blinds us all.

chionos
08-17-2014, 12:15 AM
Tell me about it.

I'm up and down with Vincent. I want to like him, but it's hard.