PDA

View Full Version : Amazing stories

Pumpkin
06-30-2014, 03:57 AM
Which RPG's have you played with the best stories? Not taking in to consideration anything else. A game that could maybe make a good book. Which ones did you really like?

Ayen
07-19-2014, 12:33 PM
Final Fantasy X, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Final Fantasy VII, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I & II, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, X-Men Legends, Sailor Moon: Another Story, Pokemon, Dust: An Elysian Tale, and Super Mario RPG.

Mercen-X
07-24-2014, 06:02 AM
I think plenty of game stories would definitely have been easier to understand in novel form. Final Fantasy VII's Compilation. Final Fantasy X and X-2. Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy VIII, Xenogears, Xenosaga, .hack, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Kingdom Hearts, Ehrgeiz, the Bouncer, Breath of Fire, Mass Effect, Dead or Alive, Soulcalibur, Wu Tang: Shaolin Style, Psychonauts, Alice: Madness Returns, Final Fantasy Tactics, etc.

Vyk
07-24-2014, 07:01 AM
Pokemon? Have they started adding stories to those games? Seems like a boring read to me. Walk to town. Magical cock fight. Get badge. Repeat.

I'm gonna go off the beaten path a bit and suggest Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete would make a good story, if only for the lovable characters. The plot itself is rather generic, but most JRPGs (and these days, most RPGs in general) have that problem. But the characters make the story. And I'd imagine Lunar 2 was just as well portrayed by its characters. Sadly I never really had the pleasure..

I'd throw Persona 4 and Tales of Xillia in there for the same reason. Except they didn't have generic plots. Which would probably make it all the better for a good reading

And just for personal giddiness, if I had the power, I would make sure Shining Force received a good novelization. Sadly I actually attempted it myself once. And then years later actually came across some extremely stellar fan-fiction that just proves the point all the more. And I am not a fan of fan-fiction (though I don't know why, there's really not a good reason to have anything against it..)

Christmas
07-24-2014, 08:01 AM
Any RPG that enables me to write my own story. :bigsmile:

FFX does not count, it's a scam. :(

Motdrafin
07-24-2014, 01:39 PM
MOTHER 3, The Persona 2 duology, Persona 3, Shin Megami Tensei II, Dragon Quest V, Final Fantasy VII all have really good stories that I'd love to read!