PDA

View Full Version : Hardest part

Pumpkin
06-30-2014, 04:21 AM
This was overall a pretty easy game, but which part did you find most challenging?

Neptunia
06-30-2014, 04:29 AM
safer sephiroth. never bothered trying to get gold chocobo either.....well i tried once but gave up.

Wolf Kanno
06-30-2014, 07:20 AM
I never found any part particularly difficult though the crappiness of the TV I originally used made finding the exits of some dungeons more difficult than they were meant to be and I forgot about the silly hand helper.

VeloZer0
06-30-2014, 04:37 PM
The dragon in the northern Crater the first time. (Can't spell his name and not looking it up.) I don't know that it has ever killed me, but it usually wakes me up.

StarCross1988
06-30-2014, 11:12 PM
When I first fought the boss at the end of the temple of the ancients (the one that comes out of the wall, forget the name) that was the first time I really remember having a challenge.

Sephex
07-02-2014, 08:03 AM
I had a hell of a time trying to beat the Emerald Weapon the first time I challenged it. I can do it without much difficultly now. Other than that, I didn't have trouble beating any other part of the game.

Rez09
07-02-2014, 08:28 AM
That boxing game in The Golden Saucer.
>: |

Ergroilnin
07-16-2014, 09:23 PM
The whole Midgard was and still is hardest part for me. But not due to difficulty, but because I find it boring and chore.

Ayen
07-19-2014, 06:04 AM
The optional bosses were easily the hardest part in the game, good thing they were optional.

If we're sticking with mandatory moments, though... I found the fighting Jenova, and Sephiroth three different times to be the hardest part, especially when you got a game over mid-way through. Once I got some grinding done, though, that part became easy. I was always crap at the Golden Saucer and getting those treasure chests on the train track.

Dat Matt
07-19-2014, 11:52 AM
The whole Midgard was and still is hardest part for me. But not due to difficulty, but because I find it boring and chore.

I actually stopped playing first time round because it took too long to get out of Midgar and into the actual game. Second time round I saw it through.

Bubba
07-19-2014, 12:45 PM
The optional bosses were easily the hardest part in the game, good thing they were optional.

Agreed.

There weren't too many other tricky moments. I remember struggling to defeat Lost Number the first time I played.

Ayen
07-19-2014, 12:58 PM

Agreed.

There weren't too many other tricky moments. I remember struggling to defeat Lost Number the first time I played.

The only mandatory bosses that ever gave me a hard time were the monster at Junon, the boss at Cosmos Canyon, and Sephiroth, and all three instances can be contributed to me not grinding.

Edit: I just realized I repeated myself here. My memory is getting worse.

Yellow_Magic
07-19-2014, 11:29 PM
Godo in the Wutai pagoda drove me nuts.

Christmas
07-20-2014, 03:43 AM
I think Don Corneo got pretty hard during the encounter at his mansion when he saw Cloud. :bigsmile:

The Space Pope
07-20-2014, 04:19 AM
Even though the rest of the game is quite easy, I always found Ruby Weapon to be a huge pain in the ass.

But like I say, I've always found the game easy, partially because as soon as I get the Tiny Bronco I go straight to Mideel and power level for about an hour. I really should try a low level run one of these days.

krissy
07-21-2014, 12:35 AM
Even though the rest of the game is quite easy, I always found Ruby Weapon to be a huge pain in the ass.

But like I say, I've always found the game easy, partially because as soon as I get the Tiny Bronco I go straight to Mideel and power level for about an hour. I really should try a low level run one of these days.

i got aeris to level 89 using this method
what a weird summer
i wonder if i still have that save
(i heard from a kid on teh playground if she's at lvl 99 she doesnt die)

hardest part was cosmo canyon for me cause i didnt know what levelling up was at that point

Psychotic
07-21-2014, 07:19 AM
When I first fought the boss at the end of the temple of the ancients (the one that comes out of the wall, forget the name) that was the first time I really remember having a challenge.Yep. As a 11/12-year-old kid, Demon's Gate used to absolutely cream me. I was hideously under leveled and didn't know what the fuck. I had to restart from the beginning something like four times to be prepared for this dude. Yeah. Yeah, I know xD As I said, kid.

As an adult I am always ready for him, but I always over prepare just in case. Those ass whoopings will never be forgotten!

The Space Pope
07-21-2014, 03:22 PM
what a weird summer

I actually kind of miss those early days, where you'd hear all sorts of rumors and you'd try and figure it out with friends and go on to sites like supercheats to separate between the rumors and the real. It almost added a sense of mystery and wonder to the game...sometimes not knowing is part of the fun. :P

metagloria
07-21-2014, 03:38 PM
what a weird summer

I actually kind of miss those early days, where you'd hear all sorts of rumors and you'd try and figure it out with friends and go on to sites like supercheats to separate between the rumors and the real. It almost added a sense of mystery and wonder to the game...sometimes not knowing is part of the fun. :P

I can confirm that at level 99, Aeris does still die. :)

DarkBahamut
07-22-2014, 04:17 AM
Nothing was ever hard. But the ones I will rank the most difficult experiences I've had:

Rapps when you're low level, disc 1

Materia Keeper because I just got Vincent from his coffin, and used his Galian Beast which does Fire-elemental damage....Materia Keeper absorbs Fire and you can't control Vincent at this point. So I had to kill him off with my other players and in the process got rocked hard by Trine and the Hell Dance.

Carry Armor got the best of me once. Never again did I let his antics trick me again. And now I find it repulsive to have a game over in FF7 unless you lose in that chocobo race in the Corel prison while NOT using that R1+L1 BS.

silentenigma
07-24-2014, 08:57 PM
Thinking way back to my first playthrough, a few bosses stick out in my mind:

Demon Wall for sure, that weird claw robot in the submarine dock, and Safer Sephiroth.

Oh, and also that part at the beginning where you have to time the button press with Tifa and Barret frustrated me, though now I'm not so sure why...

ScottNUMBERS
07-24-2014, 10:28 PM
Jenova life is pretty difficult for me, I find it hard to see the screen through the tears.

Carl the Llama
07-26-2014, 06:58 PM
Sitting through the Kalm Flashback while contemplating watching paint dry for entertainment.

ScottNUMBERS
07-26-2014, 09:31 PM
Sitting through the Kalm Flashback while contemplating watching paint dry for entertainment.
Take that back right now! :mad2:

Carl the Llama
07-27-2014, 01:41 AM
Take that back right now! :mad2:

http://i.imgur.com/kVphtI4.jpg

MJN SEIFER
07-27-2014, 03:37 AM
Letting go, not taking part.

That was the hardest part.:cool:

blackmage_nuke
07-27-2014, 05:25 PM
Not counting the secret weapons which I never tried to beat, I didnt like the fight with the boss that taught the blue magic Trine because I'd have to sit there trying to survive until he used it and then I might die shortly after as I hadnt leveled up enough. And then even afterwards I barely ever cast trine.

Spooniest
07-27-2014, 05:36 PM
The waiting, or so I heard, is the hardest part.

uMyCa35_mOg