PDA

View Full Version : Which weapon did you not use?

Wolf Kanno
06-30-2014, 06:56 AM
This game allowed for the player to choose a wide range of different weapons to smack monsters around, with so many options and only four party members at a time, some had to be left behind, so which weapons did you ignore?

Forsaken Lover
08-20-2014, 09:49 AM
I never saw the point of Bows. I ditched Maria's Bow first chance i got.
Never used Staffs either.

. I think I gave everyone two weapons? Firion got Two Swords, Maria two Daggers and Guy tow Axes. Or maybe Maria had a Dagger and Shield? I know for a fact I gave Guy two Axes because he was my damage dealer. Maybe that's why he had weaksauce magic, the invisible stat penalties. Although I don't think they exist in the DoS version...

Wolf Kanno
08-20-2014, 06:55 PM
I think the spears proved to be the worst weapons in the game with staffs a close second. Both have mediocre stats, don't reduce magic penalties enough to worthwhile and they're better used as casting spells when they are items.

Ayen
08-22-2014, 06:59 AM
All of them. I went all fisticuffs.

metagloria
08-24-2014, 10:40 PM
I never saw the point of Bows. I ditched Maria's Bow first chance i got.

:o

The point of bows is to be able to do damage in the back row, which is crucial in this game because people in the back row literally CANNOT be hit by physical attacks. This playthrough, I've kept Firion and Guy in the front and Maria and [fourth character x] in the back the whole time.

Forsaken Lover
08-24-2014, 11:08 PM
But I wanted all my characters to have higher HP and Endurance. Keeping them in the back ensures they will always have low HP and Endurance.

chionos
08-25-2014, 01:09 AM
Staves and Spears both, other than for casting.