PDA

View Full Version : Is Cait Sith the most hated playable character?

Wolf Kanno
06-30-2014, 07:25 AM
Just asking since the least played character mentioned his name a lot and I almost never see anyone talk about him.

Rez09
06-30-2014, 09:07 AM
I don't hate him, but he feels unexceptional and so I don't use him terribly often. I do think he is the most universally unused character, though, barring slots abuse. It's probably because he's fat. :(

Jessweeee♪
06-30-2014, 02:14 PM
I like Cait Sith. I use him all the time to make up for all of the love he isn't getting from anyone else.

Also I think Reeve is a pretty interesting character.

VeloZer0
06-30-2014, 04:38 PM
I'm massively superficial and probably would like him better if I didn't find the sprite so stupid.

Pike
06-30-2014, 04:41 PM
I don't hate him, I just never used him really.

StarCross1988
06-30-2014, 11:08 PM
Nah, I dislike using Vincent, Yuffie, and Tifa over Cait Sith.

Pumpkin
07-01-2014, 02:10 AM
I like Cait Sith!

Order of preference:
Red XIII

Tifa
Cait Sith

Yuffie

Barret
Vincent

Cloud
Cid

Aeris

I actually didn't care much for most of the characters in this game :(

Skyblade
07-01-2014, 05:59 AM
I usually just use my favorites. The only time I switch that up is when training Limits. Cait Sith requires the least Limit grinding, so he is used least.

Psychotic
07-01-2014, 07:21 AM
Nothing against him per se, it's just hard to really get into having a gigantic bouncing ball of plushy as your avatar. I do feel worse when he "dies" than when Aerith dies, for whatever it's worth!

Sephex
07-01-2014, 07:26 AM
I think he's a silly, fun character. I don't dislike him, but I'm not all about him, either. So I don't think anyone really hates the character, I just think more people prefer other characters over him.

Ayen
07-19-2014, 06:19 AM
I was always indifferent to him.

MJN SEIFER
07-20-2014, 11:57 PM
In no order, Aeris, Cait Sith, and Yuffie seem to be characters who it is "trendy" to hate, but I see nothing wrong with any of them.

With Cait Sith, I found him a fun character to use, "Slots" was one of my favorite Limit Breaks, as I always loved seeing what happened next - he was a permenent party member once I got that Limit Break. The character is likeable, but there wasn't really any character in the main FFVII team I didn't like if I'm honest.

So yeah, I didn't hate him, regardless of what everyone else though.

Dat Matt
07-22-2014, 11:17 PM
I never used him, but I don't hate him. He gets grouped with the rest of the characters I don't really use like Red XIII, Cid, Barret etc.

Christmas
07-23-2014, 12:39 AM
I like him a lot at first cause I thought he is a Sith Lord from Star Wars! :bigsmile:

I am still trying to find his lightsaber though. :bigsmile:

Colonel Angus
07-23-2014, 12:49 AM
I never used him, but I don't hate him. He gets grouped with the rest of the characters I don't really use like Red XIII, Cid, Barret etc.
Who's worst, Cait Sith or Kimahri?

Pumpkin
07-23-2014, 01:49 AM

They are both awesome but Kimahri is more awesome if that's what you mean

Dat Matt
07-23-2014, 11:51 PM

Khimari is proving as useful as Auron in our current episodes, so I'm withholding judgement until then.

They are both awesome but Kimahri is more awesome if that's what you mean

Running joke in the lets play is that Kimarhi is awful and no one should use him ever. Finding I've found more people do not like him that the reverse.

jodymcdougle
07-24-2014, 12:58 AM
he wasn't bad. :)

Carl the Llama
07-26-2014, 03:02 PM
I hated Cait for betraying me the first time, then I was all meh, and that hasn't changed over the years.

I will NEVER understand why people dislike Kimarhi though, the dude was awesome.

Jinx
07-26-2014, 03:09 PM
I like Kimahri as a character, but he's useless in battle.

Christmas
07-26-2014, 03:30 PM
Kimahri knows that! That's why one of his skill is self destruct! :bigsmile:

Bubba
07-26-2014, 03:50 PM
Ten reasons why Cait Sith is the worst character:

- He is fucking spy
- He's a fucking fortune teller too who we all know are universally hated.
- He kidnaps Marlene to blackmail the party into letting him tag along
- His sprite is awful
- His normal attack looks and sounds rubbish
- His limit break CAN KILL EVERYONE IN YOUR PARTY
- He tried it on with my mum
- He is a massive fan of Michael Bolton
- Due to him being excessively white he is a rallying point for the Ku Klux Klan
- It was his decision to cancel Firefly

Christmas
07-26-2014, 03:52 PM
I think he is still better than a tonberry, right bro? :tonberry:

Bubba
07-26-2014, 03:55 PM

A tonberry would never pretend to be your friend then stab you in back. They will (eventually) just stab you in the front. You know where you are with tonberries, they're reliable.

Also, they respect the sanctuary of my mother's marriage and they love Firefly.

Christmas
07-26-2014, 04:19 PM

A tonberry would never pretend to be your friend then stab you in back. They will (eventually) just stab you in the front.

I see, tonberry prefers the front. Nice going, bro. :chocobo:

Formalhaut
07-26-2014, 04:43 PM

Kimahri is one of my strongest characters in battle! He is far from useless. If anything, Rikku is fast becoming my most redundant character (currently in the Calm Lands now) because Kimahri can steal and use, Tidus can steal, Wakka can use Mug and Yuna can also steal and use.

Kimahri also knows all four of the -ga spells thanks to Black Magic Spheres, and knows the essential white magic spells. He's very versatile and has respectable, if not stellar, strength.

Pumpkin
07-26-2014, 06:26 PM

I find him to be one of the more versatile. He actually (for me) made Tidus and Auron kind of redundant because he could hit the fast ones with Tidus but do more damage and he could pierce armor like Auron.

I still used them all, but Kimahri was one of my preferred characters. Plus I actually like the character outside of battle too.

Ten reasons why Cait Sith is the worst character:

- He is smurfing spy
- He's a smurfing fortune teller too who we all know are universally hated.
- His sprite is awful
- Due to him being excessively white he is a rallying point for the Ku Klux Klan

But cute kitty

Carl the Llama
07-26-2014, 06:48 PM

Kimahri is one of my strongest characters in battle! He is far from useless. If anything, Rikku is fast becoming my most redundant character (currently in the Calm Lands now) because Kimahri can steal and use, Tidus can steal, Wakka can use Mug and Yuna can also steal and use.

Kimahri also knows all four of the -ga spells thanks to Black Magic Spheres, and knows the essential white magic spells. He's very versatile and has respectable, if not stellar, strength.

I think she is referring to his limits, but then, Auron is also pretty redundant when you are OP with limits. Anyone can be pretty amazing if you take them down the right path, I always find it amusing to take Auron down Lulu's path and send her and Yuna along with Tidus building their strength.

Formalhaut
07-26-2014, 07:25 PM
I think she is referring to his limits, but then, Auron is also pretty redundant when you are OP with limits. Anyone can be pretty amazing if you take them down the right path, I always find it amusing to take Auron down Lulu's path and send her and Yuna along with Tidus building their strength.

I hardly ever use my overdrives. I will admit, Kimahri's overdrives are not the strongest, but they're not the worst, I found Lulu's overdrive to be fairly useless, and his many overdrives make that department pretty diverse.

But this isn't a FFX thread, so I'll stop my Kimahri defense here :p

Colonel Angus
07-26-2014, 09:53 PM
His Jump, though, looks badass. I do wish it was stronger.

I like to take Kimahri down Rikku's path, then try to get to Wakka's as soon as I can. Rikku's got a lot of stuff that I feel should've been in Kimahri's area anyway, like Copycat, & it's great to have 2 thieves.

I rank the characters, based on playability, like this:

1. Auron- Tank + Pierce :cool:
2. Wakka- He's like the Archer, ya?
3. Tidus- Fast striker
4. Lulu- High Evasion & best spellcaster boobs
5. Kimahri- Most versatile, 2nd piercer :monster:
5. Yunie- Aeons
6.Rikku- Yunieeeee! :omgomg:

But to go back on topic, Cait Sith. Some of you guys are forgetting that the Cat is the character & the big white puffy thing is just what he gets around on.

Shauna
07-27-2014, 01:30 AM
Okay guys, if you want to chat about Kimahri, take it to the FFX forum! I was going to split the thread, but too many posts have both chat about Cait Sith and Kimahri.

Thanks. :}

MJN SEIFER
07-27-2014, 03:32 AM
- He is smurfing spy
Who turned good, and helped the team.

- He's a smurfing fortune teller too who we all know are universally hated.
New one on me.

, She's obviously safe in Kalm by the end of the game, and he didn't have much choice, he redeems himself later.

- His sprite is awful
Yeah, I know. His 7up is much better though, asking him to make you that next time.

I guess, but slots makes up for it.

Just one of them, and the rest of it is awesome, and fun to use. I still have yet to get that attack anyway.

Oh, come on! She was hot for it!

What's wrong with Michael? I mean, how am I supposed to live without him?

And, I'm supposed to care about their opinion, why exactly?

What does the most awesome pony have to do with anything?

That was fun :jess:

MissH
07-28-2014, 09:06 AM
At first I thought he was quite cute, kinda looked like a weird snowman. I liked the way he hoped around and was seemingly lovely- but a bit ditsy. But when I found out he was a spy- I was furious! Now I really dislike him- he's a fool!

Jinx
08-02-2014, 02:45 PM
At first I thought he was quite cute, kinda looked like a weird snowman. I liked the way he hoped around and was seemingly lovely- but a bit ditsy. But when I found out he was a spy- I was furious! Now I really dislike him- he's a fool!

Your commentary on this game is adorable. xD

MissH
08-02-2014, 03:43 PM

Your commentary on this game is adorable. xD

I try :lol:

Uchu
08-04-2014, 08:56 AM
I wouldn't say I dislike him, it's more a case of "i don't know what you are"... plus, his limit break is too random for my liking.

Formalhaut
08-04-2014, 08:59 AM
I wouldn't say I dislike him, it's more a case of "i don't know what you are"... plus, his limit break is too random for my liking.

I hardly ever used Limit Breaks really, which is easy for Cait Sith, as his main strength is magic anyway and doesn't need to activate his Limit Break.