PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Guilty Pleasures...

Wolf Kanno
06-30-2014, 08:42 AM
What games do you have in your collection that you may feel a bit embarrassed about if people knew you owned them and *gasp* enjoyed them? :eek:

Pike
06-30-2014, 10:30 AM
The second I accepted that I love the Angry Birds series is the second I stopped having gaming guilty pleasures.

Pumpkin
06-30-2014, 05:48 PM
Girl's Fashion Shoot and other similar games >.>

StarCross1988
06-30-2014, 11:01 PM
Nintendogs and for some reason (I'm not even sure why this one embarrasses me) Guitar Hero.

NeoCracker
06-30-2014, 11:04 PM
Digimon World 2.

That game is terrible and I love it.

Perducci
06-30-2014, 11:19 PM
I thought this was going to be a Malkovich thread...

(NSFW, Probably)Z6EuqfanwAM

magemasher
06-30-2014, 11:25 PM
Yu Gi Oh war of the roses. I playing that from 17-21 :blush:

Rez09
07-01-2014, 02:55 AM
Digimon World 2.

That game is terrible and I love it.

GIGA DES-TROY-AH!

Slothy
07-01-2014, 03:45 AM
Nintendogs and for some reason (I'm not even sure why this one embarrasses me) Guitar Hero.

There's nothing wrong with liking Guitar Hero 1 or 2. There'd be something wrong if the later entries didn't burn out your enthusiasm though.

Mine is Star Trek Online. I hate MMO's and this one is no better than any other. But stick me in a Galaxy class ship and have me traveling to DS9 or palling around with Worf and apparently I stop caring about quality.

Karifean
07-04-2014, 02:09 AM
Tomba 2. I played that game a lot many years back. Just about a year ago I put it back in my console and played it all over again. I enjoyed it way more than I feel I should.

Ayen
07-07-2014, 01:00 AM
I don't feel embarrassed about any of the games I own.

AssassinDX
07-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Same as Tori, although some people I know are quite surprised by the fact that as a bearded, beer-drinking metal-loving guy rapidly approaching 30 I have put an unhealthy amount of hours into the Sims franchise over the last 14 years.

But yeah that sort of thing doesn't embarrass me at all, a couple of weeks ago a friend and I (same age, same interests) spent an entire day playing Lego Pirates of The Caribbean and had an absolute blast, we're doing it again later this week before moving on to Harry Potter or possibly Batman. All of which I've completed already with my son, they're great games.

DMKA
07-08-2014, 07:10 PM
The only video games I can think of that I'm embarrassed about enjoying are the Kingdom Hearts games, mainly because most people who don't play video games aren't familiar with the history behind it's creation and it just looks like I'm a big oof playing a Disney game made for little kids.

Mo-Nercy
07-09-2014, 09:59 PM
The Dynasty Warriors and Warriors Orochi series are always must-buys for me. They're often criticised for being repetitive and button-mashy with no skill nor creativity required for executing combos.

It's also quite a financial hit to involve myself with these games because almost every one is followed by an 'Xtreme Legends' and then an 'Empires' expansion. I often tell myself I'm not going to bother with the expansions but then Koei announces they'll come with a couple of new characters and I'm back in again.

I'm not really embarrassed to own them though, but a few people have expressed their surprise, I guess.

black orb
07-09-2014, 10:52 PM
>>> Dragon Ball, Bleach games, and any other Shonen Jump based games (they are all terrible)..:luca:

-M-
07-30-2014, 07:31 AM
My mum bought me a Xena game for PS1 that I quite liked. A friend then bought me another Xena game for PS2 as a joke birthdag present. The sheer amount of bugs in it made it great drunken fun for 30 minutes or so. Falling through the floor and appearing in a completely different place when landing within the first minute of play time was just the start.

Quindiana Jones
07-30-2014, 07:49 AM
I obsessively played the cartoon Sabrina the Teenage Witch game for the Gameboy Color. All the other students had been turned into zoo animals, and you had to fix them. It was brilliant.

Psychotic
07-30-2014, 07:55 AM
I'm cool with saying it at EoFF, but Kingdom Hearts. You guys know it's awesome, but hey yeah I'm a twenty-something man and I play a game where you control a young lad on a magical Disney adventure.

arenzi
07-30-2014, 02:41 PM
It used to be MapleStory. But now maybe Pokemon since most people I mention it to seem pretty surprised I still play that.

Formalhaut
07-30-2014, 02:53 PM
I sometimes feel embarrassed that I play games in general, so I don't really tell my friends that I quite enjoy playing video games. Heaven forbid if they found out I really like the Final Fantasy Series!

Freya
07-30-2014, 03:58 PM
I accept my nerdy aspects but people give me crap for liking Otome games. Screw you, I like visual novels and dating sims.

Ergroilnin
07-30-2014, 04:04 PM
How many waifus you conquered so far?

Levian
07-30-2014, 04:40 PM
I have Wedding Dash 3 installed on my phone. I also have dozens of stay-at-home-mom kind of games you find on bigfishgames, like all those hidden object games with the tacky names.

Dat Matt
07-30-2014, 06:24 PM
I played all of Princess Debut on a busride to London, and I damn well enjoyed it.

DB6UnLUZwic

Ergroilnin
07-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Btw to not be off topic, I don't have any guilty gaming pleasures. I don't care what other people think so I don't feel guilty about stuff like this.

Dat Matt
07-30-2014, 11:51 PM
I'm not guilty or anything about playing princess debut and choosing a man out of several suitors to dance with me at the big ball, but it's the sort of thing that my parents would probably disown me if I told them about it.

Then again, my dad knows I am a pokemon fan, so I think he already knows I'm never going to be playing football for a major sports team...

That sort of thing I'd call a guilty pleasure. Something that is a bit weird that you secretly enjoyed.

botnslave
07-31-2014, 04:12 AM
UFC Undisputed 2009...Don't know why. ... Still love it

Pumpkin
07-31-2014, 04:17 AM
I'm not guilty or anything about playing princess debut and choosing a man out of several suitors to dance with me at the big ball, but it's the sort of thing that my parents would probably disown me if I told them about it.

Then again, my dad knows I am a pokemon fan, so I think he already knows I'm never going to be playing football for a major sports team...

That sort of thing I'd call a guilty pleasure. Something that is a bit weird that you secretly enjoyed.

I JUST POSTED A THREAD ABOUT THAT

Look forward to a Princess Debut Let's Play because I'm tired of hiding in the girly game closet

I WANT TO BE FREE

radicaledward124
07-31-2014, 04:22 AM
If i had to choose it would be my Lego game collection. I have quite a few of the movie themed ones and I love it. I also like dating sims games and honestly i don't care. i'll play what i want to in the end.

Depression Moon
07-31-2014, 07:28 AM
Shaq-Fu

Bubba
07-31-2014, 10:32 AM
Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball for the SNES. It was a bit like Speedball but much, much worse. I got a little obsessed with it though and had to keep playing until I had 5 Bill Laimbeers in my team. I hate myself a little bit but goddammit I enjoyed it.

MJN SEIFER
07-31-2014, 11:08 PM
Um.....Final Fantasy VII?:jess:

Well not really, but I know they'll be people who won't believe that I actually like it, and am just pretending to because it was popular and "overrated". :roll2

Vyk
08-01-2014, 03:18 AM
I keep seeing this thread, and I keep racking my brain, but for the life of me I can't think of any games I enjoy and am embarrassed about. I like some underrated or hidden gems. Things like Darksiders, Saints Row, Enslaved, Brutal Legend. Things people normally don't play. But they're nothing to be embarrassed about. They're decent games and more people need to play them

I guess I enjoyed a demo of Peggle enough to grab it for free during a promotion on Origin, but whatever