PDA

View Full Version : Did you like the storyline for this game?

Pike
06-30-2014, 04:20 PM
Or did you mostly just like this game because of FUN WITH JOBS!

Or perhaps you liked both!

Pumpkin
06-30-2014, 04:25 PM
I don't think I disliked it

Rez09
06-30-2014, 04:39 PM
Um, the overall story was pretty basic and unexceptional, but the smaller events that made up the game I usually loved, like being shot down over Saronia, discovering the flooded world, and finding The Temple of Time.

I mostly played for the combat and to slog through dungeons, though, so ultimately I guess that means the jobs are more attractive to me than the story.

VeloZer0
06-30-2014, 04:42 PM
The story wasn't OMG awesome, but I enjoyed it enough. It was interesting in many ways and I particularly enjoyed the bit about the warriors of the darkness needing to save the world 1000 years ago.

Sephex
07-01-2014, 06:47 AM
I liked how the game doesn't really tell you that you are on floating island. You just progress towards the edge of it and then you realize there is a ton of world out there...in pretty sorry shape, but still.

Elpizo
07-01-2014, 10:30 AM
I loved the storyline, and still do. It had some pretty revolutionary concepts for its time, and started a lot of story trends later Final Fantasy games would follow, too.

Wolf Kanno
07-20-2014, 05:19 AM
I love the themes the game explores like running away from your problems, accepting the strength of a finite life, and the concept of a world needing to be in balanced as opposed to the usual Light vs Darkness spiel. While it may not have had strong characters, it still has some WOW moments and it was the first game in the series to really try to utilize music to enhance the storytelling experience. Not to mention FFIV totally stole the whole "let all the friends you make show up at the end to save the party and cheer them on" from this game.