PDA

View Full Version : Have you tried the infamous FFT 1.3 mod?

Pike
06-30-2014, 04:33 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 is a difficulty and content modification for Final Fantasy Tactics. The primary goal of the project is to re-balance the gameplay mechanics of the original while adding difficulty. The project started with the idea that players did not need to impose artificial rules on themselves to make Final Fantasy Tactics challenging if a mod could be created to do it for them. FFT 1.3 alters job, monster, item, and battle statistics to make the entire game provide a challenge that matches the complexity and depth of its customization system. It's been in development since 2008 and is maintained by Archael. Several spin-off versions of 1.3 have been created as a result of demand by fans to experience the mod on other platforms or in other ways. 1.3 does not alter the game's storyline or its characters.

There is a Let's Play (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3520559) of it on Something Awful, if anyone is curious.

Has anyone out there given this a shot? I know there are tons of hardcore FFT fans here!

Skyblade
07-01-2014, 04:59 AM
I would probably be a fan of the Content version. Axing Brave/Faith is a brilliant idea. It's a shame they didn't nix the Zodiac system too. But if I wanted insane tactical difficulty and RNG troubles, I'd just play more Fire Emblem Awakening Lunatic+.

If they let you kill Delita, the content version would be nearly perfect.

VeloZer0
07-01-2014, 07:38 AM
I tried an 'improved' version of FFT quite some time ago, and it was less an improving and more of a making the game masochistic so people can feel like more of a bad ass for playing it. I don't know if this is the one.