PDA

View Full Version : Okay seriously am I the only person who hates Zozo

Pike
06-30-2014, 04:38 PM
Sometimes I post about how much of a pain in the butt I thought Zozo was to navigate and then people are like "What, that was ezmode!" and then I am :redface:

Please tell me I am not alone in my dislike for this area!

Rez09
06-30-2014, 04:47 PM
Zozo is love.
Zozo is life.

Pike
06-30-2014, 04:51 PM
Zozo is love.
Zozo is life.

:(

Sephex
07-01-2014, 12:49 AM
I just think it has a cool look and feel to it. Also, that music is awesome. And falling rain! So nice.

YOU'RE ALONE PIKE[/TDKBatman]

The Man
07-01-2014, 12:56 AM
Yeah, Zozo's great, especially the soundtrack; "Slum Shuffle" is one of the best tracks in the game. The only annoying thing is that the enemy encounter rate seems to be higher than average for the game.

VeloZer0
07-01-2014, 07:41 AM
Huh? I thought the consensus was the people hated Zozo?

NeoCracker
07-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Huh? I thought the consensus was the people hated Zozo?

You were clearly polling residents of Zozo for that info.

metagloria
07-01-2014, 03:31 PM
Not a big fan of Zozo myself.

chionos
07-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Zozo is zone of FFVI. FFVI is perfect game. Zozo is perfect zone. Anyone who says otherwise and does not apologize by forwarding this post to 20 of their closest friends will die of dysentery in one week's time.

metagloria
07-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Zozo is zone of FFVI. FFVI is perfect game. Zozo is perfect zone. Anyone who says otherwise and does not apologize by forwarding this post to 20 of their closest friends will die of dysentery in one week's time.

Looking forward to it!

Psychotic
07-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Random encounters do not belong in towns :colbert:

VeloZer0
07-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Don't think of it as a town, think of it as a dungeon that has shops in it. ;)

chionos
07-02-2014, 03:48 PM

I think Towns disagrees. From what I can tell, he loves having random encounters inside him. You've been in Towns haven't you? You should know. But perhaps that wasn't so random.

Christmas
07-03-2014, 12:14 AM
It is raining in Zozo and there isn't an umbrella in the game for me to use! :mad2:

chionos
07-03-2014, 05:50 PM
It is raining in Zozo and there isn't an umbrella in the game for me to use! :mad2:

Umbrellas are for chumps. You aren't a chump, are you, Christmas? Rain is good. Let it touch you.

blackmage_nuke
07-04-2014, 03:05 AM
I hate Zozo the place is no fun and the music sucks![/EveryoneLiesInZozo]

Loony BoB
07-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Whenever someone says they love Zozo, I just assume they're trying to be funny because actually they hate Zozo, but they're doing that Zozo thing where they lie.

Zozo would have been fine if it wasn't for the fact that it was also a dungeon, with a terrible encounter rate to boot. It would have been really amusing if you just had to figure out that everyone lied, without having to simultaneously fight things a lot.

Wolf Kanno
07-18-2014, 05:51 AM

Midgard would like a word with you. ;)

Honestly I love Zozo and I still feel everyone needs to do the clock puzzle without cheating at least once to really appreciate the design of this whole place.

MJN SEIFER
07-23-2014, 11:39 PM
I'm in two minds about Zozo, I like the idea of it, how it's supposed to be the "bad" town, and purposly isn't safe like you'd expect it to be, and I like the atmosphere of the area that that rain adds to, but once I actually playthrough Zozo it isn't always as enjoyable as I'd like. While I appreciate the point of it being a town with battles, get a bit tedious, and while I never realized until I read this thread, I must have noticed the encounter rate being high - I bet it was one of those times when I kept experiencing "wrong way battles"*.

The dialogue can be a bit over the top at times, as it is litterally blatent lies - I get why they did it, and it's kind of fun, but still silly, but it's silly in a good way.

What I like most about Zozo is the music (with the atmosphere falling close behind), I really wish that they had made it carry on into the battles, because it's annoying that you barely get chance to enjoy it in the game, Especially as when I played first (on PlayStation) I had already grown to like the music, because there is an option to check the enemies in the game up until a point, and random in game music is played for that - I would often pass the time looking at this if I needed to relax from the game, and always made sure it was the Zozo music playing.

*It seems to me in Final Fantasies, that whenever I go the wrong way, and realize it, I get a random battle the second I turn to face the right way...

Forsaken Lover
08-24-2014, 07:10 AM
UYYGCo4bL5M

Best and most memorable part of FFVI for me.

What? I made it to Setzer joining your party. That was far enough.

Colonel Angus
08-24-2014, 08:58 AM
There are elements I like about ZoZo, but there a things I loathe. A lot of the enemies are annoying, but the puzzles are fun. I like that everyone is a liar, except for one guy. The random encounter rate seems pretty high, too. Not my favorite location, but I don't hate it.

Karifean
08-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Zozo is like the worst dungeon in Final Fantasy. The music is completely not awesome and the whole time puzzle was totally unoriginal.

Wolf Kanno
08-25-2014, 08:59 PM
Zozo is like the worst dungeon in Final Fantasy. The music is completely not awesome and the whole time puzzle was totally unoriginal.

Karifean
08-25-2014, 09:43 PM

I knew David Bowie was from Zozo!

Wolf Kanno
08-25-2014, 10:36 PM
Well he does steal hearts and babies and likes large labyrinth style locations where everything is trying to murder you, all with kick ass music accompanying it. :cool: