PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time you got REALLY SUPER EXCITED for a Final Fantasy game?

Pike
06-30-2014, 05:42 PM
Has it been a while? Or do you feel that spark now, for FFXV? :bigsmile:

Pumpkin
06-30-2014, 05:44 PM
Still excited :bigsmile:

metagloria
06-30-2014, 05:52 PM
I'm pretty psyched about XV, even though I won't have a PS4 when it comes out so it'll be a while before I play it.

I wasn't excited about XIV 2.0, until I played the beta, and then I was REALLY SUPER EXCITED about it. Ended up playing it and loving it for three months.

Before that, I think the last one I was that hyped about was XII. I went to the store as soon as they opened, naively expecting there to be a line out the door. I was the only person there :( Foolish gamers. I went to my two college classes that day and then pulled my mattress in front of the TV and laid there playing it for the rest of the day.

Karifean
06-30-2014, 06:10 PM
Just about a month ago, when I ordered Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System.

Madame Adequate
06-30-2014, 06:23 PM
For... For XII :negative:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-30-2014, 07:15 PM
I need me some Curtain Call.

Bring it on.

fat_moogle
06-30-2014, 07:22 PM
I was stupidly excited when FFXIII, Versus and Agito were announced at E3 in 2006. I was like "zomg not one, not two, but THREE FFXIII games! *explodes*".

Then came FFXIII-2...I admit I was excited, but nowhere near XIII and Versus levels of excitement.

I honestly didn't care at all for Lightning Returns. Even though I bought and completed both XIII and XIII-2 I had no inclination to buy it at all. Watched the ending on youtube, admit that was a pretty good ending.

XIV...eh. I was just looking forward to trying out my first MMO.

Now, Final Fantasy "please be excited!" XV. When that trailer come out and Versus XIII changed to XV for "the fifteenth coming" I was like AHHHHH! It's coming! And still...nothing. I am still looking forward to the game but I don't want to hype myself up for it too much until we get more info.

And let's not forget about Final Fantasy Type-0 HD! In some ways I'm more excited for this than XV! I had a lot of fun with the Japanese demo on PSP and I've been hoping for localisation ever since...now, we got it! So yea, I still get excited FF games!

Perducci
06-30-2014, 10:46 PM
Probably Final Fantasy XII when I had hype for a new release. Lately I've been pretty excited for the FF7, 8 and 3 re-releases on Steam, and I'm slowly getting more and more excited for 15 every time I see something new.

Rez09
07-01-2014, 02:27 AM
Final Fantasy III on the DS.

Boy did I regret that.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-01-2014, 05:41 AM
I'm super psyched for Type-0 HD! And XV to some extent!

Colonel Angus
07-01-2014, 05:48 AM
XII

VeloZer0
07-01-2014, 07:35 AM
I don't know about REALLY SUPER EXCITED but I was excited for FF13.

Mirage
07-01-2014, 08:15 AM
I was really excited for 13 and I was really excited for versus 13 aka 15. I still kinda am but it is starting to fade. If i feel like 15 is a letdown, that'll probably be the last ff I feel excited over in the history of ever.

metagloria
07-01-2014, 02:30 PM
I was stupidly excited when FFXIII, Versus and Agito were announced at E3 in 2006. I was like "zomg not one, not two, but THREE FFXIII games! *explodes*".

Then came FFXIII-2...I admit I was excited, but nowhere near XIII and Versus levels of excitement.

I honestly didn't care at all for Lightning Returns. Even though I bought and completed both XIII and XIII-2 I had no inclination to buy it at all. Watched the ending on youtube, admit that was a pretty good ending.

XIV...eh. I was just looking forward to trying out my first MMO.

Now, Final Fantasy "please be excited!" XV. When that trailer come out and Versus XIII changed to XV for "the fifteenth coming" I was like AHHHHH! It's coming! And still...nothing. I am still looking forward to the game but I don't want to hype myself up for it too much until we get more info.

And let's not forget about Final Fantasy Type-0 HD! In some ways I'm more excited for this than XV! I had a lot of fun with the Japanese demo on PSP and I've been hoping for localisation ever since...now, we got it! So yea, I still get excited FF games!

Lightning Returns was far and away the most fun of the XIII trilogy for me. You should give it a chance.

Bolivar
07-01-2014, 03:36 PM
When someone mentioned that XII could get a HD remake if the FFX collection does well!

Seriously, maybe X. I was hyped when XIII was announced, not so much when it released but it won me over in the end.

XII I looked forward to but I was hesitant and skeptical after the demo.

So X.

chionos
07-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Super annoying geeking-out excited: FFXII
Hopeful excited, but weary of change: FFXIII
Wistfully and confusingly excited: FFXIV
Could almost not care less, but is trying to keep hope alive: FFXV

There's a certain aesthetic with Final Fantasies prior to FFX which was the source of my excitement in the past and, since it is missing from newer games, it's basically impossible for me to truly get excited. I got excited for FFXII because I love Ivalice, and it turned out to be closer to the aesthetic than I thought it would, so bonus joy. FFXIII is so utterly unlike anything I consider "Final Fantasy" that I just can't keep it up anymore. Unintentional innuendo aside, my feelings for (new) FF have gone flaccid. FFXV may end up being a great game (if it's ever released), but even so it's just not the same anymore. I can play it, I can enjoy it, but from what I've seen of it, it's not my Final Fantasy.

Pumpkin
07-01-2014, 05:01 PM
I need me some Curtain Call.

Bring it on.

This too :omgomg:

Depression Moon
07-01-2014, 06:21 PM
When I went to pick up my copy of Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition on Halloween. I wanted to say when Fabula Noval Crystallis was announced, but I think that was before XII was released.

Carl the Llama
07-02-2014, 03:04 AM
Has it been a while? Or do you feel that spark now, for FFXV? :bigsmile:

I never get really super excited for any game... purely because I find people who build games up and up and up inevitably set themselves up for disappointment. I also try my best to stay away from news about the game and gameplay videos, just for the reason that if I do look it up and it looks awesome then the game comes out and it isn't as epic as I think it should be from the videos.

Plus you know, if it is delayed and you didn't know its release date you dont go "GAME COMPANY, Y U NO RELEASE GAME!" :p