PDA

View Full Version : I've reached a conclusion about myself...

Fynn
06-30-2014, 05:45 PM
Hi, I'm Fynn. I like video games. Unfortunately, I utterly suck at them :D

After somehow beating Tactics Ogre I spent a little time with Vagrant Story which I BARELY beat. Much blood and sweat was spilt and I'm not proud of some of the shortcuts I took. So now I started playing Fire Emblem: Awakening which is repeatedly handing my ass to me, even though I'm playing on normal difficulty. In the meantime, my wife has been playing Heroes of Might and Magic 3 which I have always loved but always completely sucked at, and she's breezing through it. At this point, I have lost all faith in my gaming skills and console myself with the fact that at least I'm good at the Sims 3 :monster:

So, do any of you ever have one of these moments where you just feel you suck as a gamer?

Pumpkin
06-30-2014, 05:46 PM
All the time. I suck at difficult games especially

Wolf Kanno
06-30-2014, 07:20 PM
I blame my entire retreat from the Fighting Game genre on the fact I made friends with people who are tournament grade and always want to play them. I use to be considered really good and now I honestly feel I suck at them just due to how effortlessly they can destroy me in these games.

Shauna
06-30-2014, 08:40 PM
I am... adequate across the board. I excel at no game or game genre. I am just okay at them all. Which is fine, I don't need to be fantastic.

NeoCracker
06-30-2014, 10:18 PM
I suck at most fighting games and strategy games. A couple fighting games I got pretty damn good at, specifically the blazblu games and SSB Melee, but oh god do I suck at the rest.

And I still can't land above third place on any of the 150cc in Mario Kart 8.

Skyblade
06-30-2014, 11:45 PM
Most games reliant on twitch reflexes or APM are my bane. I excel at strategy and tactics games, though my OCD can sometimes interfere with grand strategy 4x games (must build every Wonder of the World... In my capital city).

I'll happily help you out with tactics for Awakening, Fynn. Which chapter are you on?

Rez09
07-01-2014, 03:00 AM
In the meantime, my wife has been playing Heroes of Might and Magic 3 which I have always loved but always completely sucked at, and she's breezing through it.

._.
I still can't win a single battle with the Knight in Heroes 2. ;_;
AND I JUST KEEP PICKING IT ANYWAY.

escobert
07-01-2014, 02:28 PM
All of the time! I constantly get killed in DayZ. But it makes it so much better when I do land that 530 meter headshot :)

Jinx
07-01-2014, 02:36 PM
I honestly don't consider myself a gamer.

Pumpkin
07-03-2014, 07:49 PM
I am suffering from this right now. I really want to beat this boss in Xenoblade because I'm really interested to see more story and what happens but I CAN'T BEAT HIM :crying:

Christmas
07-04-2014, 07:18 AM
I hack like a mothersmurfer when I am stuck. :mad2:

Nothing can stop my gaming progression, not even the game itself. :mad2:

starlet
07-04-2014, 08:12 PM
I think not really playing games at all these days makes me suck as a gamer. Part of that is just not having the things to do so with, but even when I have the means am I really going to jump back into it? Traveling and doing real-life things is just starting to sound better these days...

Skyblade
07-04-2014, 08:28 PM
I used to think I sucked at video games.

Then I found this thread. :D

After constantly finding death and mayhem in any encounter with other gamers, it's nice to see people who struggle more than I do. You guys are doing wonders for my gaming self-esteem.

I still suck at most reflex and APM games, but if you guys ever need help figuring out combat strategies, I'll gladly toss in my knowledge.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-04-2014, 09:50 PM
Any time multi-player is involved, i'm going down.

Ayen
07-07-2014, 12:57 AM
I play on the easiest difficulty setting available so that should give you an idea of my skills. There are some games I excel at better than others: Evil Zone, wrestling games, Metal Gear Solid, BattleTanx Global Assault, Resident Evil, F.E.A.R. 2, etc.

Mo-Nercy
07-09-2014, 10:21 PM
I am awful at FPS. Whenever a group of friends wants to play CoD or BF, I'll usually tell them my best FPS days were back in high school with Counter-Strike and that I needed a mouse and keyboard to really starting owning.

Of course, I sucked at Counter-Strike back in the day too.

I also have a reputation amongst my friends for being awesome at fighting games, but it's not really deserved. I don't have the reflexes of the really good players. I just practice a lot and memorise a lot of strings and combos. And really, I'm limited to the Tekken and Soulcalibur series anyway. When it comes to any other fighter, I'm button mashing just like any other scrub.

KentaRawr!
07-09-2014, 10:42 PM
While I'm a huge advocate for interactive media as a viable art form that should be respected and explored, I'm terrible at games and rarely play video games anymore. :lol: