PDA

View Full Version : Won't You Be My Neighbor

Pike
06-30-2014, 06:06 PM
How well do you know your neighbors?

I just moved so I have no idea who mine are, haha. Supposedly a guy I went to high school with and one of my co-workers are both in this apartment complex somewhere, though.

Pumpkin
06-30-2014, 06:07 PM
Our nighbours are sharky's aunt and uncle

escobert
06-30-2014, 06:14 PM
My neighbor is one on my best friends. On either side of our building are businesses.

Jess
06-30-2014, 07:40 PM
I say good morning and hi, and once I helped one of my neighbours put a gazebo up in their garden. I don't really know them, very well though.

Perducci
06-30-2014, 10:33 PM
One of us is weird and keeps putting notes trough our letterbox asking us to fix stuff on our house. Most of the stuff isn't actually broken or in need of any kind of repair. Most of the time he just plays his trumpet really loud which I don't really mind.

The couple on the other side argue all the time, usually their arguments happen at the exact time I choose to go to the toilet so it gives me something fun to listen to whilst I do my business.

Parker
06-30-2014, 10:40 PM
everyone on my row of 6 houses has been here since i have aside from one house that has changed families a few times. they are all great neighbours except the new people in that one house who have a bunch of noisy kids but i mean its no big deal because theyre kids.

the rest pretty much are all awesome and i have known them since i was like 5 so its gonna suck when they die or I move etc

Sephex
06-30-2014, 11:48 PM
I know the person below my condo and the older couple across my door. Both were very nice to me and I have even had extensive talks with the person below me. Most people tend to keep to themselves, but every interaction I had in the common areas of my building has been nice.

Araciel
07-01-2014, 01:38 AM
Neighbours in this city are weird - We've lived in this house almost 3 years and I barely know mine. I mow their lawn and stuff but meh they don't associate with us.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-01-2014, 05:10 AM
We had a couple that lived next door to us that were good friends with my family. No one else on our street has ever been friendly though, and we avoid all of them generally. Now that the couple that lived next door are no longer there, we have no good neighbors :(

Miss Mae
07-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Most of the people in our complex are elderly and rarely leave their houses, as it's basically a retirement village. :gator: The only time I see most of them is on bin day when they have to take their bins up to the curb and bring them back down again. I know our immediate neighbours fairly well - they're one of the other young couples in the complex, so I know them by name and once I borrowed their can opener. One of our other neighbours is the father of somebody my mother works with, so I know him enough to talk to him over the fence occasionally.

Alive-Cat
07-01-2014, 04:20 PM
My neighbors have a cat that is slowly trying to live in my back garden! I don't know these neighbors well enough to confidently stroke the cat that much without fear of the neighbors thinking I am touching up their cat :(

Christmas
07-02-2014, 03:44 PM
They have a pair of eyes and maybe a working heart. :bigsmile:

PS: Their tongues are not long. :quina:

Shiny
07-02-2014, 04:52 PM
My neighbors are separated in to factions factored by their level of crazy. I know every neighbor on my block, but will only point out a few.

GROUP A
The only white neighbors on my block - they're sane and boring, my sister is friends with their daughter who gets sick at least twice a week. They're super nice and we probably talk to them the most out of all our neighbors. I love their little son, and am on a first name basis with both parents. We went to Six Flags with their daughter and she cried the entire way home; that was the only annoying thing. Also a cop cruiser crashed in to their home. That was pretty crazy...

GROUP B
The people who took my great grandmother's house that my dad was going to move in to. They're cool people actually and are really helpful. They sometimes take me to the train station, but I also recall many times I was playing in giant backyard when I was younger. My brother used to be good friends with the middle son who is now a pot smoking degenerate. The mother also smokes medical ganja.

My neighbors from Africa - they yell occasionally and you can hear them, but otherwise not extremely crazy, though the mother is a super Christian and comes out and prays to my dad occasionally while he's working on the yard.

Nice neighbors actually but they have an autistic son who screams very loudly at night sometimes.

GROUP C
An interracial couple with an adorable Pitbull that I am pretty sure they abuse :( there is nothing to say about them I really dislike them and if I had concrete proof would call animal services immediately. Also their daughter is insane. She hits on older men she's only 13...wearing makeup and skimpy outfits. The other daughter and son seem normal so I dunno wtf.

Jamaican neighbors who have a giant massive hole in the middle of their yard. One of the African neighbors had to rescue one of them that fell in the whole, but she was too obese so he ended up severely hurting his back in doing so. The couple both hate each other and try to ruin eachothers' lives by doing things like making a huge hidden hole on the lawn so the other can fall in...

GROUP D
They live right next to us in a very tiny house that only has one bedroom technically. They have about twelve people living in there. No lie. They come from a very bad neighborhood so they have no decency. They constantly smoke weed outside and talk very loudly late hours of the night when people are trying to sleep. They light off cherry poppers too which is ridiculous and I've had to call the police about it constantly. The father of the family was a police officer but he recently shot his wife, so now he is jobless. He meant to shoot her. They're still together. One of their sons constantly asks to borrow money and he's 30 years old and jobless. We've started locking our doors ever since they moved here. These are seriously the worse neighbors I've ever had. I hope they gtfo.

Since my mom and brother moved out I'd say we've moved up to GROUP A. When they were living here we'd probably be GROUP C or D because of the sheer level of crazy they brought with them. My brother is actually the reason one of our neighbors moved to an entirely different state and why we now have the neighbors in GROUP D living with us in that home. Not incidentally, my brother occasionally comes to hang out with the people in GROUP D and continue to be annoying.

Shauna
07-02-2014, 05:58 PM
I do not know them well at all. Ah well. I don't need to.

Pike
07-24-2014, 10:49 AM
I now at least kind of know who is who in my section of the apartment.

The unit across from me houses a couple of really adorable little girls. (Never seen their parents!)

The unit diagonal from me houses a really nice girl about my age with a super cute Corgi.

The unit right next to me is that guy from high school I mentioned earlier. xD Turns out he is literally my next door neighbor.

Christmas
01-07-2023, 12:50 PM
I pretend they dun exist. :bigsmile: