PDA

View Full Version : The Last Story

Pumpkin
06-30-2014, 10:43 PM
I have this game for the Wii but I've never played it. Can anyone give me a general idea of what it is, characters, gameplay, story (without spoilers)? Did you enjoy it? What were some cons? Why should I be excited for it?

The pictures on the case look a bit.. grey for my taste. I hope it isn't one of those more drab worlds

Fynn
07-01-2014, 07:24 AM
It's interesting, but short. The story is rather small in scope - you don't get to see a world, it all takes place on this island. The themes of the plot are pretty interesting, though I didn't find it that compelling. The supporting cast and their banter is amazing, however. As long as you can ignore the utter blandness of the main breeding pair. The battle system is pretty interesting. Overall, I really liked the game, though I must say I've gone into it with certain expectations that weren't fulfilled, leaving me disappointed. Except for the main couple. They were really painfully bland and there is no excuse for that :stare:

jodymcdougle
07-16-2014, 06:10 PM
has anyone else played The last Story for the Nintendo wii? I really enjoyed this game!

http://thelaststorywii.com/

sharkythesharkdogg
07-17-2014, 10:18 PM
I bought it, but haven't played it yet. So, y'know, I have nothing to add here. It's good to know you enjoyed it!

Freya
07-17-2014, 10:49 PM
I have it. I bought it. The day I bought it is the day my wii broke. So I haven't played it. I WANT TO SO BAD.

Vyk
07-18-2014, 01:07 AM
I played about half of it. Didn't quite enjoy it as much as Xenoblade, but it was really enjoyable. Sadly when I moved, I had already taken about a week away from the game, and then moving took another week, and then other things caught my interest and now I just don't play it :( I'd have to start over, which I'm not opposed to doing. Just waiting for the mood. It's a really decent game, and I had no real issues with it. I'd definitely put it above Pandra Tower, the last game in the Project Rainfall movement. Which I also have, and also stopped playing. Though I probably won't pick that one back up for a long time

Depression Moon
07-18-2014, 03:58 AM
It is definitely on my long list of games to play. I'm loyal to my boy Guchi.

Wolf Kanno
07-18-2014, 04:16 AM
Played it and really enjoyed it. Definitely showed me what FF was missing without Sakaguchi (humor and clever use of tropes) though the game has its story flaws. I really hope Mistwalker makes a sequel, so many of its gameplay mechanics and structure has some serious potential to be built into something amazing.

jodymcdougle
07-18-2014, 09:15 PM
I'm glad that some of you guys at least bought it too! :D

us wii players are sometimes limited to RPGs. for the group that didn't finish it, it was well worth finishing! I thought it was pretty good! it took me a while to get into. I kept reading positive review after positive review, so I broke down and bought it off of amazon. it sat on the shelf at home for a while, and I played it and stopped a few times. then I ran out of games to play, and I guess as a last resort I put it in and just couldn't quit playing it! it looked pretty amazing! I believe I could actually hear my wii system hurting trying to load some of the game. :) I've read that Xenoblade will mess up a wii? I'd like to check out that game too! for some reason it's so expensive when I see it at the game stores.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-21-2014, 02:25 PM
Shion's been playing xenoblade for a while now on the Wii, and the little thing soldiers on just fine.

It is the most graphics heavy game I've seen on the Wii. The system never really wowed me for graphics, but this game does look really, really impressive. Maybe it is about to break the poor thing.

The game itself looks really solid, but none of the fights are easy. For example, I've noticed that three level 31 characters can quickly be crushed by one level 32 monster if you aren't careful.

The monster leveling seems pretty hard.

metagloria
07-26-2014, 01:32 AM
Xenoblade never gave my Wii problems. And yes, it is gorgeous.

On-topic, I haven't played TLS, but would like to, and will probably borrow it from my friend who has it someday.

Shauna
07-26-2014, 05:17 PM
Shion made a thread about The Last Story not too long ago!

I merged your threads together - have a look on the first page of the forum and see if there's already a discussion going on before making a new thread! :)

Madonna
07-31-2014, 08:58 AM
shion, this game is plenty of fun, with more, ah, active battle controls and colorful characters. Agreeably, your party's initial colors are not the most bright, but you can literally set all the colors of your uniforms and styles as your progress through the game, and you can even save color presets to have, ahem, seasonal outfits if stuff like that strikes your mood. Grinding can be an actual thing in this game and helps the story progress smoothly, and you may learn to love or hate the arena. And finally, the game is a little short, so you should make the most of your time by getting waylaid by sidequests and exploring everything you can while you are exposed to it.

It is not Xenoblade Chronicles, but The Last Story is a strong peer.

Del Murder
08-09-2014, 08:39 PM
The Last Story was an enjoyable game, especially the battles. They were very fun. The story was ok, though the scope was remarkably small. My main gripe is that the main two characters were pretty bland, particularly the female lead. She was one of the worst characters I've seen in recent memory. There was a nice little twist at the end though which I thought was pretty cool.

It's not a very long game if you don't due the optional 'hard mode' dungeon crawls so I say it's worth a go for the battles alone. Also the characters in your party other than the main two are very enjoyable.