PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever driven a motorcycle?

Pike
06-30-2014, 11:38 PM
I have not. Sometimes I think it looks like fun, but actually I'm pretty sure I would mess something up and crash horribly :shobon:

Sephex
06-30-2014, 11:43 PM
I have not. Further discouragement was had when an old worker buddy who knows bikers showed me pictures of an accident from where a friend of his died.

Shorty
07-01-2014, 05:39 AM
Yep! Fun stuff!

disclaimer I've only been at like max 15 mph or something

Miss Mae
07-01-2014, 02:12 PM
I've ridden on the back of one, but never driven one. Maybe I'd like to some day, just for the experience of it. Dad knows how to ride one, so maybe he'd teach me if he wasn't too worried about me dying or some other fatherly fear. Motorbikes are a little frowned upon here nowadays with the whole bikie laws thing - people are a little too worried about getting arrested to use them as much as they once did.

Mirage
07-01-2014, 02:22 PM
No, but I have driven a moped.

Alive-Cat
07-01-2014, 04:07 PM
I have! I prefer riding quads, they are real fun. My friend has a field outside his house and we can ride the quad around it really really fast and hopefully not fall off and die soon :greenie:

Pumpkin
07-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Nope! sharky has one though, maybe he'll let me drive it one day (doubtful)

sharkythesharkdogg
07-01-2014, 05:48 PM
I used to daily ride mine, and I quite like them. The aerodynamics when you tuck behind the fairings feel really cool. The bike now sits and secretly hates me for never riding it. If I do get it running I'll take shion along! Maybe she could ride it too. We'd probably start out on the 4-wheeler, because that way she could get used to the similar hand and foot controls without also having to worry about balancing and other things. Plus my bike is pretty sensitive to input. It goes and stops rather quickly.

People complain about the seating position on certain bikes making their back sore, but I would just lay on the gas tank. My back muscles wouldn't get sore because they weren't really doing much. So, I dunno.

I really like my bike!!!

Pumpkin
07-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Maybe she could ride it too. We'd probably start out on the 4-wheeler, because that way she could get used to the similar hand and foot controls without also having to worry about balancing and other things.

You always have to be that guy :|

Shaibana
07-01-2014, 05:57 PM
i did have a try-out lesson 2 years ago
and now that i have a job again im going to push myself to get my liscense!!
everytime i see a bucnh of motors on the road in the summer i get jealous.

i pretty much grew up with motors :3

noxious.sunshine
07-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Nope. But I did take off on my big brother's 4 wheeler when I was 3 and flipped it in our woods.. He thought it'd be funny to show me where the throttle was.

And then my parents bought him a Yamaha crotch rocket (it's long since been discontinued and I can't remember what model it was), & he'd take me on it. Soooo dangerous lol. We'd take it up to the mountains and stuff and go swimming in the swimming holes. We flipped it in a big mud hole once .. My mom was livid with us cuz we were head to toe covered in mud. haha. She made us stand in the front yard while she sprayed us down with the water hose and then take our wet clothes off in the laundry room and wrap up in towels before letting us in the house.

I had a jet ski though.. That was my thing. My dad says I made him nervous as Hell when he saw me out on it and how "crazy" I drove cuz I was so small and stuff. haha. I want another one desperately.. A 1 seater. So that no one can ride with me. xD

theundeadhero
07-01-2014, 07:24 PM
All the time. I enjoy it more than driving anything with four wheels.

Jess
07-02-2014, 07:43 AM
I've ridden on the back of a motorcycle but I am in no rush to do so again! Having worked in motor vehicle injury claims... It really puts you off. I've seen some horrendous injuries!