PDA

View Full Version : Are you an ice-chewer?

Pike
07-01-2014, 12:59 AM
When you finish of your drink, do you suck on the ice?

Supposedly chewing it is bad for your teeth. I have no idea if that's true or not, though. I do it anyway :greenie:

Colonel Angus
07-01-2014, 01:07 AM
I actually broke a tooth chewing ice. Albeit, it had a cavity, but the ice finally broke it.

I don't do it anymore. I understand people who have a vitamin deficiency or something have a tendency to do it, which for a while I did.

Miss Mae
07-01-2014, 02:44 PM
If the ice blocks aren't too large, I'll suck on them, but I don't chew on them. I try to avoid biting anything too hard because I have a wire attached to the back of my bottom teeth and I don't want to dislodge it.

Mirage
07-01-2014, 02:55 PM
I both suck and chew.

Agent Proto
07-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Yep, I chew on ice. I usually suck on them to the point that it's at a preferable size to start chewing.

Shiny
07-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Occasionally if it's particularly small pieces of ice. Definitely not the large cubes although I used to crunch of those. I know someone who is insanely annoyed by ice chewing, or any crunchy foods.

Shorty
07-01-2014, 05:20 PM
No. I hate chewing ice.

Pumpkin
07-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Sometimes. I used to a lot more. My son likes to do this though. He asks for cups of ice so he can chew on the ice

noxious.sunshine
07-01-2014, 05:48 PM
If the ice blocks aren't too large, I'll suck on them, but I don't chew on them. I try to avoid biting anything too hard because I have a wire attached to the back of my bottom teeth and I don't want to dislodge it.

I had one of those. It popped out 2 yrs ago or so. I need to get it fixed cuz the cement is still there.

I chew on ice. idgaf. I do it now and I did when I had braces. Specifically to piss my mom off whenever she got on my nerves. lol. She'd get so mad at me cuz the orthodontist emphasized the list of stuff I wasn't supposed to eat (like gum and caramel and ice).. I ate all of it anyway.

It has to be ice from like a soda fountain though.

Araciel
07-02-2014, 02:16 AM
Nah. I try to avoid ice at all times.

Miss Mae
07-02-2014, 05:14 AM

I had one of those. It popped out 2 yrs ago or so. I need to get it fixed cuz the cement is still there.
How long did it stay for? I've had mine for about five years now.