PDA

View Full Version : Skydiving

Pike
07-01-2014, 01:43 AM
Would you ever try skydiving? I don't think I would, I've a feeling I would forget to use the parachute or something :shobon:

Pumpkin
07-01-2014, 01:46 AM
I would never do this

Araciel
07-01-2014, 01:46 AM
Just be a waste for me. Not interested in the slightest. This has nothing to do with fear.. :P

Shorty
07-01-2014, 02:55 AM
Absolutely not. Parasailing, sure. Dropping out of a plane? No.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-01-2014, 04:44 AM
Some friends of mine apparently just went skydiving! I would never do it. It's never interested me, and I know something terrible would happen. I don't have good luck, haha.

Sephex
07-01-2014, 07:12 AM
I would not do it. My luck is that there would be some sort of malfunction and then the helmet I am wearing would be using me to absorb the impact.

Mirage
07-01-2014, 08:26 AM
I'd rather try hanggliding.

Parker
07-01-2014, 08:52 AM
I really want to try this. I'm pretty sure its a rule everywhere that you're not allowed to do it alone until you're qualified, so you're gonna be strapped to a dude with a done of experience and a license to ensure you don't die so what is the problem? Plus if you do fall to your death you're pretty much definitely going to die instantly so you could stick ur middle fingers up and shout expletives and die like a hero.

I'd be far more scared of bungee jumping, where the floor is real close and imminent and there instead of being some kind of vague blur abstracted by like 40k feet of air.

Rhi
07-01-2014, 10:09 AM
I did a tandem skydive (attached to an experienced skydiver. They have to have done a LOT of jumps and special training to be allowed to do them) and it was terrifying but amazing. If you're thinking of doing one, I'd say go for it :) they don't let you just jump out on your own and hope for the best :P

Miss Mae
07-01-2014, 02:07 PM
There was a time when I would've said no, but now I don't know. If I was in the financial position, maybe I would, just to say I'd experienced it. I'd definitely be a lot more willing to go skydiving than I would bungee jumping.

metagloria
07-01-2014, 02:28 PM
I REALLY want to someday - just tandem, I don't ever care about doing it alone. I'll trust my life to someone with experience, thank you very much.

I'm scared of heights, yet for some reason not scared to jump out of a plane.

Alive-Cat
07-01-2014, 04:04 PM
I have always wanted to! One day I will.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Sure, I think I would. You never know until you're standing at the edge of the plane, but I feel pretty strongly I would.

Shiny
07-02-2014, 03:03 AM
This is a stupid thing to do, so yeah I'll try it. I wouldn't bungee jump though because I feel like more could go wrong there. If I don't almost break my leg or fall, I'd at the very least be very motion sick from the constant swinging motion upside down.

Jess
07-02-2014, 07:39 PM
I have been indoor skydiving. It was pretty cool. That's enough for me, though. It was nice inside a giant tunnel as it was so much safer and contained!

Miss Mae
07-03-2014, 03:21 PM
I have been indoor skydiving. It was pretty cool. That's enough for me, though. It was nice inside a giant tunnel as it was so much safer and contained!
I didn't even know this was a thing that existed.

Araciel
07-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Is that that thing where you hover over a big fan?!

Parker
07-03-2014, 05:01 PM
nah just a 30,000ft tower and they drop you down the middle of it. no wind. v controlled. not so many deaths as one might expect, so far

Jess
07-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Is that that thing where you hover over a big fan?!

Yes! It was really fun. I would recommend it to anybody who a) is too scared (like me) to jump out of an actual plane or b) can't afford the real deal.

Apparently it really creates the feeling of real skydiving. Not that I would know, having never jumped out of a plane, but that's what we were told. We had to wear all of the gear, too, as the strength of the fans is crazy! I felt like my face was going to blow off! :jess:

theundeadhero
07-03-2014, 11:34 PM
Any time I have the chance to, yeah.

Christmas
07-04-2014, 01:19 AM
If only the EoFF meet-up involves jumping off a plane with everyone holding hands. :bigsmile:

Ayen
07-07-2014, 05:07 AM
Skydiving combine two of my biggest fears: heights and falling from them, so no.

Pike
07-24-2014, 11:24 AM

I didn't either until last month. When I was visiting my mom I saw this super huge building called "Indoor Skydiving" and I looked it up later and now I want to try it.