PDA

View Full Version : Stupid being responsible

Pumpkin
07-01-2014, 01:51 AM
I am tired, I have to be up early, so I will be going to bed early to try to be well rested for tomorrow, unless I sleep poorly.

But what I want to do is stay up late and play video games and eat jalapeno poppers :colbert:

What are some sacrifices you make in order to be responsible? Or do you say eff that and do what you want anyways and leave your future self to deal with it?

Colonel Angus
07-01-2014, 02:09 AM
Like you, I always want to go to be early. I'd love to have 7-8 hrs. of sleep as opposed to 5, but I always stay up for the Colbert Report. :(

I guess that's opposite of what you're looking for. :lol:

Pumpkin
07-01-2014, 02:11 AM
Haha no, it still fits in with the topic x)

starlet
07-01-2014, 02:26 AM
I always fall asleep for a couple hours when I get home then I cant get to bed at a reasonable hour then im tired as fuck the next day....then I fall asleep when I get home for a couple hours then....well i think you get the idea. STAHP, ME!

Fonzie
07-01-2014, 02:48 AM
I stayed up and drank too much forgetting I had a presentation the next morning. My hangover was terribly evident to everyone in the room. :p

Sephex
07-01-2014, 07:16 AM
Found out that someone made a translated rom of Super Ultra Baseball 2, which is a sequel to (as it is known in the US) Super Baseball Simulator 1.000. Basically, it's a baseball game where you can have powers at bat or while pitching. Just a fun, silly game. I loved SBS1.000 when I was a kid, and I been playing it recently.

So I found out about the sequel that never came to the US (they were working on a US version, but it got cancelled) while reading up on the series at work on break. I was half tempted to take the night off just to play it because screen shots/reading about it made it look like an improved version of the SBS1.000!

But then I remember that's a stupid reason to blow off work, and I got a lot of stuff done that I needed to do here!

Psychotic
07-01-2014, 07:57 AM
I was enjoying the Germany v Algeria match but it was getting late. The day before I'd stayed up even later to watch the dour Greece v Costa Rica game and when Germany went one up, I decided to go to bed and miss the last fifteen minutes. After watching 105 minutes for just one goal, they of course went and sodding scored another goal each while I was asleep :colbert:

Shauna
07-01-2014, 10:28 AM
I was enjoying the Germany v Algeria match but it was getting late. The day before I'd stayed up even later to watch the dour Greece v Costa Rica game and when Germany went one up, I decided to go to bed and miss the last fifteen minutes. After watching 105 minutes for just one goal, they of course went and sodding scored another goal each while I was asleep :colbert:

Seriously football is messing with me and my sleeping. Both last night and the night before I was tired and wanted to go to bed but Matt was all "No I need to get the rest of the football game into my brain!"

Pike
07-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Yeah I almost always go to bed on time. This means missing out on essentially anything that happens after 7pm. I did make an exception for the Super Bowl earlier this year, because I was enjoying seeing the Broncos get crushed http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/smiley/getin001_zpscd2687d5.gif

Sephex
07-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Yeah I almost always go to bed on time. This means missing out on essentially anything that happens after 7pm. I did make an exception for the Super Bowl earlier this year, because I was enjoying seeing the Broncos get crushed http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/smiley/getin001_zpscd2687d5.gif

Can I just say that it's surreal to me that you are talking about football? You don't seem like the type to get into it. It's cool, though!

Also that game was hilarious.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Peyton-Manning-Watches-Snap-Fly-Away.gif

Miss Mae
07-01-2014, 02:06 PM
I generally leave things to my future self to deal with (to a point - obviously I don't neglect all of my responsibilities forever, or else I'd be dead). I have a habit of saying "Work is already going to ruin my tomorrow - I'm not going to let it ruin my tonight as well!' I'm terrible at being an adult.

Alive-Cat
07-01-2014, 04:25 PM
I usually figure, I am only working in order to earn money to live life and party...so I might as well live life and party! I don't enjoy myself at work whether I am hungover or not anyway, work is bad :( so it makes no difference really.

Pumpkin
07-01-2014, 09:07 PM
I went to bed early and everything and I'm still tired anyways :|

I did get to eat my jalapeno poppers today though :D

Colonel Angus
07-02-2014, 12:09 AM

Can I just say that it's surreal to me that you are talking about football? You don't seem like the type to get into it. It's cool, though!

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Peyton-Manning-Watches-Snap-Fly-Away.gif
That game was a trainwreck. You knew once that ball floated over Goober Manning's head the jig was up. He mentally couldn't recover from it. If you could combine his skills w/ his brother's intestinal fortitude, you'd have the greatest QB in NFL history.

Madame Adequate
07-02-2014, 12:41 AM
Look, what has Future Me ever done for Me? All he does is sit there and nag about tomorrow's responsibilities. Well if he wants something from me I'll need something in return and until he provides that, he can spin on it :colbert:

Sephex
07-02-2014, 12:48 AM

That game was a trainwreck. You knew once that ball floated over Goober Manning's head the jig was up. He mentally couldn't recover from it. If you could combine his skills w/ his brother's intestinal fortitude, you'd have the greatest QB in NFL history.

As funny as I thought the game was, I was disappointed. The whole season I just KNEW that the match up would be the Seahawks vs Broncos. Seriously every time someone at work asked who I have to win the Superbowl I said, "Broncos or Seahawks."

So I actually predicted the match up! It was going to be an epic game! Peyton Manning coming off his hottest season ever VS the many dynamics of the Seahawks. This was going to be epic!

Then that first play happened.

Then it was a disaster zone.

I am convinced Eli Manning had a vodo doll of Peyton or something.

Jess
07-02-2014, 07:36 PM
I want to be irresponsible and splash out on a once in a lifetime kind of holiday, either to Japan or Mexico. But I won't, because I have a house to save for. :(

Pike
07-24-2014, 10:50 AM

As funny as I thought the game was, I was disappointed. The whole season I just KNEW that the match up would be the Seahawks vs Broncos. Seriously every time someone at work asked who I have to win the Superbowl I said, "Broncos or Seahawks."

So I actually predicted the match up! It was going to be an epic game! Peyton Manning coming off his hottest season ever VS the many dynamics of the Seahawks. This was going to be epic!

Then that first play happened.

Then it was a disaster zone.

I am convinced Eli Manning had a vodo doll of Peyton or something.

I was so disappointed. Broncos vs. Seahawks was gonna be so good. No matter who won, it was okay cause it was gonna be a great game.

But no.

:(