PDA

View Full Version : Go Go Power Rangers

Pike
07-01-2014, 01:11 PM
This show came out when I was about 7 or 8 and like every other kid my age I got obsessed with it. The pink ranger was my favorite, making this the one time in my life that I liked something that was colored pink.

Also, green ranger. Yes.

Pumpkin
07-01-2014, 01:12 PM
I also liked the Pink Power Ranger

Watching this show as an adult, its pretty awful x)

metagloria
07-01-2014, 02:15 PM
This show came out when I was about 7 or 8 and like every other kid my age I got obsessed with it. The pink ranger was my favorite, making this the one time in my life that I liked something that was colored pink.

Also, green ranger. Yes.

Basically everything you said.

Shauna
07-01-2014, 03:54 PM
At the Towns' wedding, we in the apartment, when getting ready watched the heck out of new Power Rangers. It is ridiculous.

noxious.sunshine
07-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Oh I loved the Power Rangers. Pink Ranger ftw.

I would play with 2 of my friends and I would have to be pink. Always. I identified with her cuz I was always really small and did gymnastics for a couple of years.

Perducci
07-02-2014, 02:55 AM
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-05/07/power-rangers-reboot

Green Ranger was always better than White Ranger.

I remember watching each series up until they did the crossover with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation. I think it was Power Rangers in Space?

I kind of just lost interest after that. The upcoming reboot will likely turn me into a rabid fanboy again, though.

Raistlin
07-02-2014, 03:43 AM
Blue Ranger was the best.

Green Ranger was a close second.

Colonel Angus
07-02-2014, 03:50 AM
Sad fact: Thuy Trang, who played the original Yellow Ranger, died in a car accident in 2001.

Sephex
07-02-2014, 03:54 AM
I was 11 when the show first aired, so I was entering that awkward period in life where I felt that I was "too old" to watch something like that. I did anyway, but I wasn't a super fan or anything. I liked the Green Ranger saga a lot, and I thought the White Ranger was cool as well. When most of the original cast was gone I pretty much stopped watching.

I did watch a great retrospective on the series by TGWTG contributor Linkara a couple of years back. He did a good job laying out everything you need to know in a few videos. It was interesting to see his take on the stuff I was familiar with and the stuff that happened long after I stopped watching.

Perducci
07-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Also this:

ap8r3AA0PIk

StarCross1988
07-02-2014, 03:10 PM
My cousin and I watched this obsessively whenever it was on. He had all the toys and everything and both of our favorites were the green ranger.

Venom65437
07-05-2014, 05:18 AM
Awesome show. The green ranger has a great Facebook page where he talks to people all the time if you want to look him up.

Jowy
07-06-2014, 08:30 AM
I was out and about one day a few weeks ago and saw a group of full grown men admiring one's purchase of the Dragon Dagger from Amazon. They were nice enough to let me hold it and press a few buttons.

Ayen
07-06-2014, 11:21 PM
Watching this show as an adult, it's just as awesome as when I was a kid and anyone who says otherwise is one of Rita's monsters.

Fixed.

This show came out when I was four years old. I have a bunch of the old episodes on tape from when they aired and the first season on DVD. I had a crush on the Pink Ranger before I was even at the age to notice girls in that way. The Green Ranger was my favorite. We shared a name and he had the coolest outfit, the coolest weapons, the coolest zord, and the girl. I couldn't have been happier being called Tommy.

I watched all of Mighty Morphin and Zeo. Lost interest in Turbo around the time Tommy left, but got back into it during the time of In Space. I kept on watching through Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force, Wild Force, Ninja Storm, and Dino Thunder. I haven't watched anything else after that. I also saw both movies and played a couple of the games on Sega, SNES, and PlayStation.

Mo-Nercy
07-12-2014, 04:36 PM
I think somewhere in between In Space and Lost Galaxy is when I clocked out of the series. I had loved it up to that point, especially Turbo because I was one of those kids who loved cool cars.

Araciel
07-12-2014, 06:12 PM
They ain't got shit on Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad.

Christmas
07-02-2022, 10:18 AM
I like it when the music will start playing when they win! I never heard those music in real life which may explains why i am a loser. :(

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-03-2022, 06:53 PM
I think somewhere in between In Space and Lost Galaxy is when I clocked out of the series.

I think this timeline tracks for a lot of 90's kids.

Lost Galaxy was the last one for a while to at least cameo some original cast members. The seasons that came after started wiping the slate clean with a new cast every season.

2 or 3 years ago I got a nostalgia bug and watched everything from Mighty Morphin through Dino Thunder, since Tommy came back in that one as the black ranger.

A lot of people think Time Force is the best. I've also found some adults like Lightspeed Rescue because you're not following high schoolers, you're following adults with jobs. The red ranger was a fireman.

It was fun. The formula doesn't change much, though. It's basically Saved By the Bell if Zack Morris had to jump into a Gundam for the last 3 minutes of every episode.

The theme songs don't miss. Every track is a banger.