PDA

View Full Version : What's the worst thing someone's revealed on a first date?

Fonzie
07-02-2014, 03:58 AM
This girl I took out a few years ago mentioned all her favorite cats and eventually ended up throwing a ranch covered carrot at me because she thought that was teasing! I left rather abruptly and she only got a hug. :colbert:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-02-2014, 04:05 AM
I'll let you know :grover:

Shiny
07-02-2014, 04:23 AM
Well you're dating the wrong team anyway.

Pumpkin
07-02-2014, 04:26 AM
Well a date revealed what a jerk he was one night when this happened:

Start of dinner, looking at menus:
Me: oh I might try the sundae after, that looks good.
Him: You should.

After dinner:
Him: Weren't you going to get that sundae?
Me: Nah, I'm too full.
Him: Oh come on, it's my treat.
Me: Well I guess I could try it.

Little while later after I eat about 1/3 of the sundae and stop:
Him: Aren't you going to finish that?
Me: No, sorry, I'm full.
Him [swearing, stands up in restaurant and swears at me and calls me names] I'M PAYING FOR THAT YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY TO MAKE ME PAY FOR FOOD YOU AREN'T GOING TO EAT [storms out of restaurant]
Me: o.o

Fonzie
07-02-2014, 04:27 AM
Well you're dating the wrong team anyway.

Life isn't merely reduced to dating one gender or the other, my fair lady. ;)

Shorty
07-02-2014, 04:58 AM
How terrible of a kisser they were. :stare:

Sephex
07-02-2014, 05:11 AM
Oh! OH! OHH!!! I am that guy!

I told a story on a first date about how I was drunk and a friend of mine lost her virginity to me. Instead of cuddling I made a sandwich because I was drunk hungry. Then the next time we did it I passed out right away.

But I didn't get yelled at and the date in question didn't flee the scene. She actually commended me for my honesty because many guys in the past would lie about having a friend with benefits.

During the first date with my current girlfriend (running over three years now) she said she shared an interest of mine. I bashed the underside of the table and said, "Excuse me, that was my boner going up."

Also, I scored a few dates with this profile:

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Sephex?cf=regular

I don't know why I get away with what I do.

Jessweeee♪
07-02-2014, 05:42 AM
He told me a bunch of stories that I couldn't prove weren't true but so totally reeked of bullshit like how he was trained in MMA and how his dad was super important and owned this and that and how they called him "Diablo" at his old high school because he beat up all these guys in a fight. It was actually kind of adorable. We hung out a lot over the next two months and then I called it quits because so many reasons.

Sephex
07-02-2014, 06:44 AM
He told me a bunch of stories that I couldn't prove weren't true but so totally reeked of bullshit like how he was trained in MMA and how his dad was super important and owned this and that and how they called him "Diablo" at his old high school because he beat up all these guys in a fight. It was actually kind of adorable. We hung out a lot over the next two months and then I called it quits because so many reasons.

Was...was it because he Diablowed?

Araciel
07-02-2014, 07:22 AM
She was three months pregnant and wasn't sure which man was the father.

Sephex
07-02-2014, 07:41 AM
She was three months pregnant and wasn't sure which man was the father.

http://i.imgur.com/QLEwGOY.gif

Night Fury
07-02-2014, 08:08 AM
I've never had a worst thing... but when I dated a guy from the military he mentioned how he had shot people in Afghanistan which was kind of shocking I guess. I don't know if it was true though.

Christmas
07-02-2014, 03:18 PM
He has erectile dysfunction. :(

But he just erected after speaking to me. :roll2

blackmage_nuke
07-02-2014, 03:50 PM
That they werent interested in me.

metagloria
07-02-2014, 04:17 PM
That she was a Calvinist.

Pumpkin
07-02-2014, 04:19 PM

What's that?

metagloria
07-02-2014, 05:12 PM

What's that?

In a nutshell, a Christian who believes in predestination, i.e., that who goes to heaven and hell is entirely God's sovereign decision and human free will plays no part in it.

Pumpkin
07-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Oh I see

sharkythesharkdogg
07-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Well a date revealed what a jerk he was one night when this happened:

Start of dinner, looking at menus:
Me: oh I might try the sundae after, that looks good.
Him: You should.

After dinner:
Him: Weren't you going to get that sundae?
Me: Nah, I'm too full.
Him: Oh come on, it's my treat.
Me: Well I guess I could try it.

Little while later after I eat about 1/3 of the sundae and stop:
Him: Aren't you going to finish that?
Me: No, sorry, I'm full.
Him [swearing, stands up in restaurant and swears at me and calls me names] I'M PAYING FOR THAT YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY TO MAKE ME PAY FOR FOOD YOU AREN'T GOING TO EAT [storms out of restaurant]
Me: o.o

IF YOU DON'T WANT ME YELLING, THEN FINISH THE FUCKING ICE CREAM!!!!

I haven't had too many bad things. This one was harmless, but strange.

I don't remember much about the girl or the date because it was many moons go, but I mentioned how I was trying to do something or going to something. Maybe it was a track meet. I dunno.

She said she would normally perform a good luck ritual for me, because both her and her mom were witches, but that had just recently done some other ceremony so all their "mana" was used up for a little while. She was quite serious. :eyebrow:

Alive-Cat
07-02-2014, 05:33 PM
All of my relationships started through going to parties and getting drunk and involved/through mutual friends so I have never went on a date with someone without knowing them pretty well beforehand!

I am missing out :(

Jessweeee♪
07-02-2014, 05:55 PM
He has erectile dysfunction. :(

But he just erected after speaking to me. :roll2

I've seen Friends, I'm not falling for that one, Mister!

The Man
07-02-2014, 08:11 PM
That she was a Republican :monster:

Aelitalily
07-03-2014, 02:25 PM
First date :
Him : I use mind altering drugs (like hallucinogenic stuff). But its okay, because I only use pure stuff and I have a good reason.
Me : What reason is a good reason for that?
Him : I have autism.
Me : (Outloud) Good for you. (In my head - NOT GOOD FOR YOU!)

Pike
07-24-2014, 11:04 AM
I've never been on a first date. :shobon:

All of my relationships have just been "Huh, we like each other a lot, don't we. Are we dating now? Alright. Cool."

Rantz
07-24-2014, 12:58 PM
I don't know if this was so much her revealing it as me finding out, but I was on a first date with a really quiet girl. Thinking back on it, she hardly said a word all night. It was a bit awkward. Anyway, she was quite hot so I brought her home with me and, well, things happened and we ended up in bed together. That's when I realised she didn't have any genitals. There was nothing down there, and her skin was hard all over. Turns out she was a mannequin. As you can probably guess, it didn't last long. We broke up after a month.

noxious.sunshine
07-24-2014, 03:43 PM
I don't really go on dates. :/

I made the mistake of going on one when I was like 7 months preggo. The guy was really nice. We went to dinner and then he mad ed me watch that 7 Monkies or whatever with Brad Pitt back at my place. My hormones kicked in and I just got mega irritated, though I endured it silently.

Then I realized dating while pregnant isn't the best idea, so I gave up . lol

Bubba
07-24-2014, 04:38 PM
I went on a date once with the other side of my split personality, Bob.

He was really nice but I think he had a split personality.

MissH
07-24-2014, 08:52 PM
On our first date, Bubba revealed that he really disliked French people... Moments later I told him how my Mum is French and that makes me half-French... *awkward*

God knows why I stuck around :-p However, he now he very sensibly says he's changed his mind!

Shauna
07-24-2014, 08:54 PM
He met your mother and decided he had nothing but nice things to say!

~*~Celes~*~
07-24-2014, 09:14 PM
My story is like Pike's, really. There was one guy though, who I did go on a date with but it wasn't really established as a date so I didn't think of it that way. Anyway, he was in the Coast Guard at the time and had his uniform on, and a very cocky attitude. "I bet you just love being with a man in uniform." "All those people are looking at you because you're with a handsome guy in uniform." -_-

MissH
07-24-2014, 09:19 PM
Damn right! Very sensible boy!

He met your mother and decided he had nothing but nice things to say!

Bubba
07-24-2014, 10:56 PM
On our first date, Bubba revealed that he really disliked French people... Moments later I told him how my Mum is French and that makes me half-French... *awkward*

God knows why I stuck around :-p However, he now he very sensibly says he's changed his mind!

Oh man, I'm never gonna live that down.

Formalhaut
07-24-2014, 11:35 PM
Me and Sam didn't ever have a first date, which is partly my fault!

When Sam asked me out, he asked me out specifically for a date. Having never been asked out before and knowing nothing about romance, I assumed he asked me out to be a couple, to which I said yes, after a few awkward seconds.

Basically, I accidently skipped the middle-man phase (the date) and went straight into 'we're together', which I imagine must have taken Sam aback considering he was only asking me out on a date.

It all worked out fine though for us!

escobert
07-25-2014, 12:30 AM
I've never really had anything crazy happen or come up on a first date. I usually talk to them or hang out with them a few times before we go on a date.

Yamaneko
07-25-2014, 01:56 AM

What's that?

Someone who wishes to rid the world of slimy girls.

leader of mortals
07-25-2014, 02:09 AM
I've never been out on a "first date". I've always been in a relationship before we started dating, which is weird to say. My first girlfriend, we never dated, but we only lasted a couple weeks anyway. We just hung out at her house. My second girlfriend, we were friends in high school and we kinda gt closer and closer until I asked her to be mine, at which point we hung out like we always did, just with more hand holding and more hugging and eventually kissing. My current girlfriend, we met in college and we hung out a lot between classes until we both realized that we really liked each other and then we just agreed to be together. By the time me and my current girlfriend went on our first date, we had already kissed, and we were already good friends that knew a lot about each other. That was kinda what sealed the deal, though :P

Nothing bad was ever revealed because I already knew the people that I dated. I'm really not one to date blindly, I only ever wanted to date someone I was already good friends with, so I already knew all their embarrassing stories.

KentaRawr!
07-29-2014, 04:30 PM
That they were a figment of my imagination. :monster:

metagloria
07-29-2014, 08:02 PM
That they were a figment of my imagination. :monster:

I hate when this happens! It could be worse though. They could be a real-life douche.

Shiny
07-29-2014, 09:04 PM
The worse thing someone has told me on a first date is that they're training to become a cop.

-M-
07-30-2014, 06:23 AM
Not quite on the first date, but the next time I saw a girl after dating her for the first time she told me her parents got a divorce because of me.

Rantz
07-30-2014, 06:28 AM
Wow, that's harsh. What happened?

Quindiana Jones
07-30-2014, 07:01 AM
Her father couldn't resist him.

-M-
07-30-2014, 07:16 AM
While I'd like to believe that, I think she was just a bit mental. I never got any explanation as to why and I can only assume she was lying for one reason or another. She told me in floods of tears though. She then pretended to be drunk and pass out so I would “look after her”. At which point I called her a taxi to take her home alone so she got annoyed and started attacking me a little bit.

I never even met either of her parents, including her lusty father.

Levian
07-30-2014, 03:46 PM
I've been lucky enough to never have been on a really weird date, but I did go on a date with someone who was a notorious line cutter. He seriously couldn't stand in a queue without trying to pry his way in front of someone. Turn off ^^

Freya
07-30-2014, 05:28 PM
That he didn't like disney :stare:

Ergroilnin
07-30-2014, 05:32 PM

People like that exists? What.

MissH
07-30-2014, 06:06 PM

People like that exists? What.

WHAT??! Who cannot like Disney? He must not be from this planet. I would not trust anyone who does not like Disney!!

Freya
07-30-2014, 06:07 PM
That's why there was only one date!

Shiny
07-30-2014, 10:27 PM
Disney in general or just particular things about the company?

Dr Unne
07-30-2014, 10:35 PM
I don't like Disney, and I'm married to someone who doesn't like Disney. Checkmate.

MissH
07-30-2014, 10:38 PM
I don't like Disney, and I'm married to someone who doesn't like Disney. Checkmate.

:-o * checks Dr Unne for heartbeat* :eek:

Freya
07-30-2014, 10:56 PM
Like disney movies. I think that was when some a movie was coming out and I said I wanted to see it. I dont' recall the details just that he didn't like it and I was like WHAT

08-05-2014, 01:54 AM
I went out with a girl who told me she broke up with her last boyfriend by sleeping with his best friend at a party we were all at.

In hindsight I should have taken that as a sign that we wouldn't work out...

I also went on a date with a girl at uni that spent 15ish minutes explaining her atheism to me. I think for some reason she assumed I was Christian and wouldn't let me get a word in edgeways. It was a very strange experience and I didn't see her again after.

Wolf Kanno
08-05-2014, 05:55 AM
When I first met my current GF, she was dressed like Yuna from X-2 and anyone who knows my feelings about anything set in Spira or Yuna in general... yeah, I still give her hell for it.

Mirage
08-05-2014, 11:00 PM
How terrible of a kisser they were. :stare:

Being a terrible kisser is a total deal breaker.

Not quite on the first date, but the next time I saw a girl after dating her for the first time she told me her parents got a divorce because of me.

Did she tell them she was dating a nazi sociopath or something to appear super rebellious?

Colonel Angus
08-06-2014, 03:16 AM
Basically my worst first date was being stood up.

MissH
08-06-2014, 07:27 AM
Basically my worst first date was being stood up.

Ouch :-( Their loss!

sharkythesharkdogg
08-08-2014, 01:33 PM
I've been lucky enough to never have been on a really weird date, but I did go on a date with someone who was a notorious line cutter. He seriously couldn't stand in a queue without trying to pry his way in front of someone. Turn off ^^

Whadda douche.

Christmas
04-16-2023, 01:31 PM
When I first met my current GF, she was dressed like Yuna from X-2 and anyone who knows my feelings about anything set in Spira or Yuna in general... yeah, I still give her hell for it.

Did she trigger happy on you? :bigsmile: