PDA

View Full Version : How did you win the gene lottery and vice versa?

Fonzie
07-02-2014, 04:02 AM
I got some pretty kick ass looking eyes but yet at the same time I'm legally blind. :cry:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-02-2014, 04:02 AM
I was born this way, baby.

Shiny
07-02-2014, 04:12 AM
I didn't! I'm short with very long arms, arthritis, digestive problems that are probably attributed from my mother's side of the family, bad eye sight.... blagh.

I guess I've been told I have pretty eyes and nice teeth. Thanks mom for that at least. Both of those things will be gone if I live to be 80.

Miss Mae
07-02-2014, 05:46 AM
Mum's good at English, Dad's good at Maths, and I'm pretty good at both. I also got a reasonably good combination of Mum's organisation/being a decent adult skills and Dad's relaxed/just going to play video games skills, although a little less of the anxiety from Mum would've been nice.

Araciel
07-02-2014, 06:47 AM
Tall and slim and tan. No crippling allergies. Pretty good memory and intellect.

Crooked teeth, bad acne when I was a teen. Motivational issues.

Mirage
07-02-2014, 08:19 AM
No significant allergies, good eyesight, tall, reasonably smart.

Terrible skin, will probably go bald in not too many years, awful at focusing.

NeoCracker
07-02-2014, 08:26 AM
I'm only alergic to one thing which I had almost no chance of ever coming in contact with, until that one time I did. (Some kind of false skin they put on me arm :p)

I am very slightly tone deaf, or something. Theres a few very small range of sounds that I cant' destinguish between, which makes the Xenosaga Song of Nephelim puzzle impossible for me to solve properly. (First time I just kept breaking the lights randomly until it worked. :p)

I have insomnia, yet also naturally low blood pressure, which is suppose to make you tired and sleepy.

But apparently my eyes are awesome to look at!

Night Fury
07-02-2014, 09:55 AM
I have pretty eyes which I get complimented on so many times :jess: I think I have a pretty good figure too, nice and curvy with a good bootay! :jess:

Non-physical things.. I can sing! Which I get from my Dad's side as nobody on my Mum's side can hold a note.

Sephex
07-02-2014, 10:24 AM
Good eyes. Otherwise I look like a dumbass stupid head fat inflated pig asshole man.

~*~Celes~*~
07-02-2014, 11:36 AM
My eyes, smile, hair, and assets are pretty awesome :) if I were taller and a little slimmer, it'd be even better. I handle pregnancy VERY well, absolutely no complications to speak of for my first son or this son (so far, still another month and a half left) . And while my first pregnancy did end in miscarriage, I'm told that's very common. I actually got really lucky on the pregnancy aspect, my mom and her mom both had trouble carrying babies. More so my grandma than my mom.

If I could be taller, slimmer, and even just a little more athletic, I think I'd be in good shape. I don't have too much to complain about...my eyesight isn't perfect but it's not the worst either. I'm not legally blind :D

Oh also I wish I didn't have anxiety/depression :( definitely. Those kinds of problems (bi-polar, depression, anxiety, borderline personality disorder, narcissism) run on both sides of my family. Thankfully I just have the depression and anxiety and not the other ones!

noxious.sunshine
07-02-2014, 03:01 PM
I'm small. Which is cool. Need to lose weight, but being short kind of owns. ... Until my best friend texts me and is Like "I'm watching you on tv!!" (referring to the show "Little Women: LA" ... It's about midgets).

Also I have pretty rad hair. And eyes. And huge blobs. Which is a plus for other people, a negative for me.

My smile is pretty cool too. And I tend to think I have an awesome personality .

Christmas
07-02-2014, 03:04 PM
I've mastered breathing, have 11 toes and can count from 1 to 20. :bigsmile:

blackmage_nuke
07-02-2014, 03:42 PM
Slowly decaying eyesight and dificulty growing chest/facial hair but the rest of me seems pretty normal so far

Alive-Cat
07-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Basically no allergies, I never get sick, I don't have to really take care of myself at all yet I'm healthy and strong, I am like the perfect breeding stock :greenie:

Shorty
07-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Hair, eyes, hourglass shape from my mother. Thinking process, outlook on the world, predisposition toward the arts and a myriad of other traits from my father. Irrational anger, overly-emotional reactions, worrying from my mother. Anxiety from my father. Patience from my father. Carefree agency from my father. Lactose intolerance from my mother.

Araciel
07-02-2014, 06:42 PM

With 11 toes, why not 21?

Jess
07-02-2014, 08:42 PM
I've been told I have nice eyes. I have long legs, despite being fairly short. I'm lucky with my build, as I manage to maintain my weight without really trying. I very rarely get ill - I've never had the flu. :jess:

On the flip side, I had no lateral incisors, and my canines were buried in the roof of my mouth which resulted in surgery and a lot of dental work in my teens. I also have a bunch of autoimmune problems. And allergies, thanks to my overactive immune system!

Psychotic
07-02-2014, 08:51 PM
My parents are both very intelligent, so, well, y'know :cool: My dad has always been slim and I definitely picked that up off him. I also inherited my dad's punctuality but that is probably an environmental thing I picked up from him rather than genetic :shobon:

There is male baldness on both sides of the family so yeah, welp. Also my mother's blood is the kind that insects like to feast on and I inherited that. My dad and my brother remain unaffected!

I have no idea where I picked up my sense of humour or my height. My mother is tiny and I'm a fair few inches taller than my Dad.

Araciel
07-02-2014, 10:34 PM
There's no easy way to say this... they adopted you from me.

Mirage
07-03-2014, 12:29 AM

That's where she lost the lottery.

black orb
07-03-2014, 12:40 AM
>>> The only way to win that is being born into a rich family. I didnt..:luca:

Mirage
07-03-2014, 12:44 AM
so only rich people have positive traits?

I have a few and my parents are working class dairy farmers

black orb
07-03-2014, 12:51 AM
>>> Well they have lots of money, thats quite positive you know..:luca:

Mirage
07-03-2014, 12:53 AM
Yeah, and?

Is it, in your opinion, the only positive trait that exists in the world? Also, do you think it is genetic?

black orb
07-03-2014, 01:03 AM
Yeah, and?

Is it, in your opinion, the only positive trait that exists in the world? Also, do you think it is genetic?
>>> I never said it was the only positive trait, intelligence to not waste the money on stupid stuff is another positive trait. And of course it has nothing to do with genetic. Is more like having good luck, like the good luck you need to win a lottery..:luca:

Mirage
07-03-2014, 01:10 AM
Actually you did say it was the only way to win the lottery.

Can't you just be positive and say "i'm good at drawing" or something instead?

black orb
07-03-2014, 01:24 AM
Actually you did say it was the only way to win the lottery.

Can't you just be positive and say "i'm good at drawing" or something instead?
>>> Thats more like a skill it has nothing to do with genes. My parents cant draw to save their life.
When it comes to genes well I have two legs two arms i wasnt born blind, deaf or anything serious (like most of the people out there). I cant complain though, being born with a normal/healthy body is considered good luck too (not lottery winning luck, but good luck anyways)..:luca:

Mirage
07-03-2014, 01:29 AM
It has more to do with your genes than being rich :colbert:

And see, I knew you could find something positive if you just tried!

blackmage_nuke
07-03-2014, 01:30 AM
(not lottery winning luck, but good luck anyways)..:luca:

a "lottery" doesnt always necesarily have a billion in one chance to win, just to jackpot. Theres also the smaller cash prizes for getting a few numbers as well as less conventional lottery like the conscription lottery.

Christmas
07-03-2014, 01:49 AM

That's where she lost the lottery.

:cry:

Pike
07-24-2014, 10:58 AM
I like my hair because I never have to deal with it. So glad it's not curly or some shit.

I lost the genetic lottery in a bunch of ways but my teeth probably got the worst diceroll out of everything. Firstly they are shaped funny - wider at that the top than at the bottom - meaning it looks like I've got jack o' lantern teeth. Secondly I have a bunch of certain types of teeth missing and a bunch of extra types of others so basically it's just a mess in there. I had to have years of orthodontal work and my teeth still look awful.

Pheesh
07-24-2014, 11:02 AM
Musical ability from both of them, and at this stage I've yet to show signs that I'll go bald which would be my from my Mum's side, because every guy on my Dad's side looks like a potato by the time they're 30.