PDA

View Full Version : Do you smoke with cigarettes?

Fonzie
07-02-2014, 04:46 AM
Such a nasty habit, but dammit all if it doesn't make you look cool as hell. Do you smoke EoFF and why? Do you enjoy the thought of having lung cancer at a later age and rationalize that you'll live in the now?

It's such an expensive habit you should probably quit. :(

Shorty
07-02-2014, 04:49 AM
I have a couple of cloves a year for leisure. That's all.

Fonzie
07-02-2014, 04:49 AM
I have a couple of cloves a year for leisure. That's all.

It's when you drink as well, isn't it? :p

Shorty
07-02-2014, 04:50 AM
I'm either drinking, driving, or crying probably while smoking, yep!

Miss Mae
07-02-2014, 04:50 AM
I started smoking when I went out for drinks with a particular group of friends, because they all smoked. I've never had a cigarette while sober. I quit entirely in early December 2013 and haven't had a cigarette since.

Araciel
07-02-2014, 04:52 AM
Tried one once all by myself. Didn't like, never touched again.

Pumpkin
07-02-2014, 05:00 AM
I did for a little while when I was 14/15 and then when I started craving them I stopped

Christmas
07-02-2014, 03:31 PM
I tried once and I was coughing like hell. Guess my lungs aren't up for the challenge. I decided to stuck in up my butt and it seems to be working well and bowel movements are so much better. :bigsmile:

blackmage_nuke
07-02-2014, 03:34 PM
I breathe in a lot of second hand smoke when I hang out with a certain group of friends but I've yet to smoke a cigarette

Bubba
07-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Not at all. I never understand why people even do this. At least alcohol makes you giggle and fall down.

I Took the Red Pill
07-02-2014, 04:38 PM
For nearly 4 years, yes. Probably averaging about 6 or 7 smokes a day. Maybe double that number if out drinking with other smokers. Moving to China was not helpful due to the like 70% of Chinese males who regularly smoke. I quit cold turkey 39 days ago and feel great, so hopefully I can keep up with it.

I will say that people who openly patronize smokers just don't understand and never will. Yes, we are aware it's bad for us. Yes, we're aware it's disgusting. It's a physical addiction and the vast majority of regular smokers wish that they weren't (well, in America, anyways). Try not being an asshole and making them feel worse than they already do. Even if it's coming from a place of genuine concern, at least pretend to have some tact.

Shiny
07-02-2014, 05:13 PM
Absolutely not. I accidentally smoked a cig once thinking it was something else and I was pretty bummed. Quite honestly, smoking is really cumbersome for me to deal with especially being in a metropolitan area where I am around second-hand smoke everyday. I don't like when people walk and smoke because it's rude to the people walking behind them or on the side of them. The air blows the smoke right in my face when they do that, so I have try to basically sprint ahead of them to avoid it. If I could shut down all the factories that make cigarettes I would be extremely happy. I am both allergic and asthmatic so smoke inhalation presents two separate problems for me. Even the smell of smoke sets me off in to an allergic fit. :(

Old Manus
07-02-2014, 05:30 PM
I usually buy some cigars when I go on holiday to sunny countries without huge duties on tobacco, but that's about it. I love the taste of lung cancer in the morning.

Pike
07-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Never tried it. Sometimes I feel like the only one.

Alive-Cat
07-02-2014, 05:35 PM
When I party, there is basically nothing in the world that I do not do!

Shauna
07-02-2014, 06:07 PM
I have never tried a cigarette and I do not plan on doing so.

Jessweeee♪
07-02-2014, 06:31 PM
i do bad things
i hurt people
and i smoke with cigarettes

But not really I don't do that.

Jess
07-02-2014, 08:27 PM
I used to. I stopped 67 days ago, using an e-cig. I feel guilt free with it, because I'm no longer taking in those dangerous chemicals. I'm definitely noticing the difference.

When I did smoke, I tried to be considerate of non-smokers. I would go and stand on my own to smoke.

But yeah, people can be very judgemental towards smokers. Smokers know it is stupid and very bad for them. But it is very addictive, and it is *not* easy to stop. I tried and failed several times, using several different methods. The e-cig is the only thing that has worked for me.

Colonel Angus
07-03-2014, 01:52 AM
I have never tried a cigarette and I do not plan on doing so.
This.

Perducci
07-03-2014, 02:05 AM
I smoke, though this week I got hold of an e-cig and I'm cutting down pretty quickly.

Started smoking because of the people I was hanging out with, shit idea but I'm planning on being smoke free by the end of the year.

Sephex
07-03-2014, 02:59 AM
No. I don't see a point to it. I guess I technically have if you count the couple of times I took one puff while drunk out of my mind a few years ago when I was making fun of girls who smoke often.

Parker
07-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Smoking is awesome fun but I have stopped because it is expensive and I guess the health thing. I will probably have a cigar for birthdays and celebration events because smoking is cool and smoking cigars is cooler.

noxious.sunshine
07-03-2014, 02:11 PM
I smoked on and off since age 12, but quit when I got pregnant and then absolutely loathed the smell of cig smoke.. I turned into a smoke Nazi around people. Hahaha esp my parents. My dad would g st so annoyed with me whenever we were together.

But then I picked it back up after I moved to Texas cuz see as and stuff, but then after moving to NYC and a pack is minimum $10, I was like "NOPE. We're quitting." ... we were spending up to $100/wk on them. I quit cold turkey. Jay still smokes some, but I make him go outside.

Aelitalily
07-03-2014, 02:36 PM
I used to smoke too. When I was a teen I would think, I've got plenty of years left, I will quit when I get a bit older.

It got to a point where I thought I wouldn't be able to quit unless something really bad happened to my health.

Luckily I was planning to go overseas and wouldn't be able to afford it so I quit before I left and have now been smoke free for 4 years! It helped a lot that no one I knew smoked there :3

Kudos to anyone who has been able to quit smoking, it is definitely a bad habit and it not easy at all to stop. I felt like I could rip someone's face off!

To those who have never smoked and those who have quit - you should all be proud!!

To those who are still trying, you should be proud too and don't give up!! You only fail when you stop trying!! ^_^

07-03-2014, 07:21 PM
I smoked herbs daily for about 2 years, was never tempted to smoke tobacco on its own. Quit because it was making me retarded. I have a lot of respect for people who have managed to quit smoking, its a lot harder than most people think.

Loony BoB
07-04-2014, 12:23 PM
To quote Psychotic: Smokers are jokers!

But seriously, I don't like smoking in general. There's nothing good about it from my perspective. It stinks, it makes me cough, and it potentially kills my friends. It also damages their voice and skin. I've never held a lit cigarette in my life. But then, having grown up with asthma as a kid, even if I had wanted to (I never did) I wouldn't have been able to. I have a hard enough time breathing when people spray aerosols or perfumes. I don't know why, but I seem to be more sensitive to such things than most people.

Formalhaut
07-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I've never really got smoking really. My mum smokes, and I do genuinely fear for her life; she's been smoking for decades.

escobert
07-04-2014, 06:01 PM
No, I do not smoke cigarettes anymore. I smoked for about 15 years and switch to a e-cig about a year and a half ago. Save tons of money, I can smell and taste again and my lungs feel one million times better. I do take my daily bong hits still though ;)

Big D
07-04-2014, 11:17 PM
Second-hand cigarette smoke is my #1 worst asthma trigger.
I've enjoyed a cigar every other month or so for roughly the last year, but I make sure that it's never enough to pose any risk of addiction, or any statistically-significant impact on my health. It's purely a very-occasional accompaniment when enjoying a fine whisky with friends.

The Man
07-04-2014, 11:45 PM
Do not smoke, have never smoked, will never smoke.

Weed, on the other hand, is a different story, although I haven't used it in awhile. :monster:

Ayen
07-07-2014, 04:35 AM
Since I'm allergic to tobacco smoke it would be an incredibly stupid idea for me to take up smoking, so no. I never smoked and I try to steer clear of people that do.

Alive-Cat
07-07-2014, 12:01 PM
I wasn't planning to quit until I was approaching my 30's because, well, everyone I know does when we party and stuff. But. Aparently they make the estrogen in HRT less effective. So I have no choice now!

Aulayna
07-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Don't smoke. First "smoke" I ever tried was a cigar and it put me off it for life.

Instead I choose to poison myself with sugar.

AssassinDX
07-07-2014, 01:17 PM
I packed in smoking completely in February 2006, and gave up the naughty stuff about two years before that.

I occasionally have a blast on a zero-nicotine e-cig, I started that a couple of months ago to satisfy the urge of blowing huge clouds of smoke (or vapor in this case) but the novelty has worn off now. I've nearly reached the end of a 20ml tester thing I got as a freebie and I probably won't bother again once I've finished.

Clo
07-07-2014, 05:35 PM
I used to smoke, but I quit recently and it was surprisingly easy for me. I didn't get aggy or anything, probably because I'm just like that naturally. My bae however is a chain smoker and he smokes cheap reservation cigarettes that don't smell so great~~~

Bubba
07-07-2014, 05:53 PM
I used to smoke, but I quit recently and it was surprisingly easy for me. I didn't get aggy or anything, probably because I'm just like that naturally. My bae however is a chain smoker and he smokes cheap reservation cigarettes that don't smell so great~~~

What the hell is a bae? I see this on Twitter all the time. I assume it means other half but I don't know where it came from.

Shiny
07-07-2014, 07:49 PM
Bae is short for baby and comes from the land of who gives a fuck.

Clo
07-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Bae is short for baby and comes from the land of who gives a smurf.

I second the apathy.

Bubba
07-07-2014, 11:54 PM
So it's along the same lines as a boo?

KentaRawr!
07-08-2014, 12:43 AM
Not at all. I never understand why people even do this. At least alcohol makes you giggle and fall down.

Alcohol also makes me want to say "no" less to cigs, though! So you might just giggle, smoke a cig, and then fall down. :lol:

So it's along the same lines as a boo?

I've heard that it means "poop" but I don't know if that's true.

Clo
07-08-2014, 03:42 AM
Yup. My poop chain smokes cigarettes.

Shiny
07-08-2014, 05:59 AM
That's impressive.

Carl the Llama
07-08-2014, 11:18 AM
I was around a lot of people smoking while growing up, first my Dad and every single grandparent and my aunt, then when my Mum and Dad divorced it was my bro and cousins... and several of my friends, I also used to work in pubs where the whole place was a giant cloud of smoke. Despite all this I have never been tempted to pick up the habit. I also stopped drinking several years ago largely in part due to my chronic kidney disease, but also because it seemed a little pointless... getting drunk doesn't appeal to me like it once did.

One of the things I will never understand is my brother, he quit smoking for 2 years 2 months... then started up again >.> never really understood that.

Mo-Nercy
07-08-2014, 05:04 PM
One of the things I will never understand is my brother, he quit smoking for 2 years 2 months... then started up again >.> never really understood that.
I quit for about a year and a half but have started up again. Before quitting, I was smoking 6-8 cigarettes a day, lighting up after meals, amongst friends and maybe once or twice through a work day. Since starting again, it's gradually gone up to about a pack a day. :(

I think I'm using the fact I've 'successfully' quit before as an excuse to keep lighting up, because I convince myself that since I've done it before, I can do it again...someday.

Pike
07-24-2014, 11:30 AM

Alcohol doesn't even do that for me :( Just makes me tired.