PDA

View Full Version : Clothes, do you care?

Fonzie
07-02-2014, 04:55 AM
Do you spend a large portion of your budget to look great or do you simply wear the same four articles of clothing each week?

Pumpkin
07-02-2014, 04:59 AM
I like certain clothes but I can't find much in stores that I like, plus I'm poor, so... :/

Shiny
07-02-2014, 05:01 AM
I typically buy new clothes every season and donate old ones. If I really like something and it's in good condition, I'll keep it, but there's too many clothes now so I'll have to do my summer cleaning. Though i don't buy clothes very frequently and they're usually not very expensive. The only things I find myself buying constantly are underwear.

Miss Mae
07-02-2014, 05:33 AM
I don't buy new clothes all that often - probably a few new items at the beginning of each season. I do love clothes and looking fashionable though, so my current wardrobe definitely contains more than four articles of clothing.

Shorty
07-02-2014, 06:45 AM
I've put off buying clothes for a long time while trying to reach my goal weight. The only times I've really bought clothes lately is to have some nicer work clothes or to replace a cardigan that's ripped or something. There was a period for a little while where my dryer had a metal prong protruding from the inside and my shirts were catching on it and ripping, so I had to replace a few of those :mad2:

I can't remember the last time I've been on a spree. Mostly just buying things I need when I need them. Just waiting to drop a few sizes!

Jessweeee♪
07-02-2014, 06:51 AM
I only go out once or twice a week and wear work clothes on the other days so I tend to recycle just a few of the same outfits.

Araciel
07-02-2014, 06:52 AM
I haven't bought new clothes in a year or more..

Scotty_ffgamer
07-02-2014, 06:56 AM
I never care how I look and just tend to wear the first things I grab from the dresser or whatever. I don't really buy anything new until what I have starts to wear out, and even then I tend to end up getting replacements when I need them as gifts or whatever. I'm at work most of the time anyways so I just wear my work clothes most of the time. I'll dress up if the situation calls for it though such as formal events or whatever.

Sephex
07-02-2014, 07:17 AM
I dress very casual and only dress nice for special occasions, and even that is more relaxed. I don't get it when people dress nice unless they are going to or coming from their job, or if they are taking part in a special occasion. It's even worse when they down other people for "not dressing classy." Sorry buddy. You're the one that looks like a tool because you look like you're at a wedding while you're at someone's summer BBQ, dive bar, or whatever.

Forgive my attitude. This is one of those things that just irritates me when I think about it. If I am going to the store or doing something casual, I shouldn't be criticized for throwing on a T-shirt and jeans.

Pike
07-02-2014, 10:30 AM
Nah, my wardrobe consists of video game T-shirts and my work uniform.

noxious.sunshine
07-02-2014, 03:15 PM
I like to look good, but I don't really shop often right now cuz I'm bigger and everything looks ugly on me. For realzies.

Christmas
07-02-2014, 03:16 PM
http://www.gedankenspeicher.com/wp-content/uploads/gamer_church.jpg

Clothes are what define us. :chocobo:

StarCross1988
07-02-2014, 03:25 PM
I might buy the occasional T-shirt (very occasional, like once a year or so). I have hardly any clothes other than a couple pairs of jeans and maybe a dozen shirts. I'm way too poor to worry about getting clothes that look nice, lol. A lot of my stuff I've had since I was in middle school, which was about 15 years ago.

blackmage_nuke
07-02-2014, 03:56 PM
If I see a nerd tshirt I really like I'll buy it but then only wear it if I know Im meeting up with someone who'll get the shirt and I know I wont be around sloppy food or beverages that alter my mental state to enduce spilling.

Otherwise I only buy cheap clothes at kmart when my old ones rip

Shiny
07-02-2014, 04:23 PM
I do have quite a few nice blouses and blazers that I wear to work because I technically work in a corporate setting, but in a non-corporate job in a dungeon of a studio where no one else is in so I can get away with wearing jeans.

Alive-Cat
07-02-2014, 05:43 PM
Clothes are probably one of my favourite things, no money is too much, in fact the more expensive the more I like it. I am extremely conscious of how I look all the time and always look in car windows to check my reflection and spend ages and much dedication to looking good for myself and those around me :greenie:

Perducci
07-02-2014, 06:53 PM
I usually buy new clothes as and when I need them. Never really been too bothered about what I wear. I've got a few nice pieces of clothing but I also still have T-Shirts I used to wear in High School. I don't see what all the hubbub is all about. :colbert:

Mirage
07-03-2014, 12:34 AM
I care when I'm going out. I don't care most other times. I usually wear pretty worn out t-shirts if I'm not going to take off my sweater or jacket anyway. No point in wearing out the good clothes I have if no one is going to see them.

starlet
07-03-2014, 12:58 AM
DOWN WITH PANTS

Colonel Angus
07-03-2014, 02:27 AM
I only buy clothes for work. Almost everything else is old. Some, like, 20 years old.

Pumpkin
07-03-2014, 03:51 AM
Speaking of clothes, here is my dress wishlist

http://threesixstyfive.blogspot.com/2014/07/find-some-dresses-online-and-add-to.html

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-03-2014, 04:01 AM
Thanks to work my wardrobe is set 5 days a week. I switch between 2 pairs of khakis and 5 identical blue shirts. I'm an automaton.

I buy a few new shirts here and there, but not really since I only need them for my days off. Most of my non work wardrobe consists of clothes I've had since high school, which is fine, I still like the same type of things as I did back then.

theundeadhero
07-03-2014, 11:41 PM
I rarely ever buy new clothes. The ones I do buy I keep forever. Shirts are the best when they're worn out and comfortable. Some of the ones I only wear around the house I've had for 18 years.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-04-2014, 12:18 AM
Oh man. I love clothes. If I were more money savvy, or was in a lucrative job, I would definitely buy clothes way more often than I do.

That being said, I haven't actually bought even a shirt in over a year. Actually, I take that back, I bought a shirt and sweatshirt a couple weeks ago over the internets. But I haven't worn them yet. Anyways, the point is that I don't do much to increase my wardrobe.

I have ten or so band/movie shirts that I swap between on a regular basis. Five v-neck shirts that I mix in there too. Five pair of jeans, only one of which I wear regularly and another that I wear semi regularly. Usually I wear shorts though, of which I have four pair.
These clothes are pretty much worn back and forth to work. That is it. I wear a uniform at work, so they hang around a lot. I don't really care how I look going to and from work.

But if I am going out, anywhere else, I look a little nicer. Usually jeans and a button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up nicely. I like to look good. As far as dressy dress clothes, I have that too. Four nice dress shirts, three ties, a couple pairs of slacks, and two pair of dress shoes. Though I really need to get another pair of dress shoes. Both of mine are black, and I need a brown pair. And a brown belt.
I also have a suit, to look sexy as fuck in.

Aulayna
07-04-2014, 02:33 AM
I don't really buy a whole heap of new clothes anymore. I used to buy loads when I lived with 3 other people, so had a ridiculous amount of spare money each month. Now I live on my own I have a very tight budget so only really buy to replace worn out pieces (i.e. when jeans innevitably rip etc).

Calliope
07-04-2014, 05:50 AM
I buy quite a few clothes and have spent quite a bit this year updating my style (less band shirts, more than one pair of shoes, less whimsical pieces). I go to op-shops a lot and have eclectic taste. Tomorrow we're going to a wedding and I'll be wearing $100 sandals and a $10 vintage dress xD

Well, unless it's cloudy. If it's cloudy I'll go with tuxedo pants and a denim shirt.

Night Fury
07-04-2014, 10:35 AM
I have a lot of clothes, as my style seems to change a lot. I haven't really bought that much in the last month. I tend to only buy things on sale these days.

I've also stopped buying things in my size all the time, like, if I see a shirt and I want to wear it baggy I'll get it in a 12 and not care. DOWN WITH SIZES! I used to buy a lot of things because they were fashionable, but now I buy things that I know will last beyond the 'trends' of the time.

Loony BoB
07-04-2014, 11:26 AM
I wear clothes that are...

1. Suitable for the occasion/environment. When in doubt, jeans and a t-shirt or polo.
2. Are as comfortable as possible.
3. Are clean.
4. Suit what I feel is 'me'. I prefer wearing dark coloured clothes, for example, and generally greens/blues/blacks/greys.

I don't have all that many clothes. More than enough t-shirts, if anything, but otherwise a decent amount, enough to get by, of what other clothes I might have to wear on a regular basis. I don't buy more because I want more, I buy more when I need more due to changes in circumstances and/or wear'n'tear on my older clothes.

escobert
07-04-2014, 05:55 PM
My job ruins clothing. I wear troutty t-shirts and Carhartt pants and boots.

If at home or weekends I'm usually in jeans with a videogame/catrtoon/tv show t shirt on :p Oh and I have a couple pairs of nikes I wear.

Jess
07-04-2014, 09:12 PM
I tend to buy a few items each season, and replace things when they need to be replaced. If I was rich, though, I would totally buy a new wardrobe each season.

I like clothes! When I had a lot of disposable income I would buy new clothes all the time with whatever was in fashion. Now that I have to be a responsible adult, I buy classic items that won't go out of fashion.

Work: Black trousers or pencil skirt. Cute & smart blouse, top or shirt.
Casual: Skinny jeans. T-shirt or top. Cardigans. Leggings. Cute oversized jumpers. I have quite long legs for a short person and a short body, so I like to wear long tops so my top half looks longer.
Going out: This is where my wardrobe is lacking - I don't have a huge amount of going out clothes. My style is midi dresses, skater dresses, peplum tops, skinny trousers and blazers.

Ayen
07-07-2014, 04:44 AM
More than four, but nothing fancy. I dress for comfort over anything else. I won't spend more than I need to on clothes.

Alive-Cat
07-07-2014, 11:58 AM
To be honest I have a feeling my love for clothes and fashion is slowly going to take over my life. Also I just bought this amazingly cute pair of Nike trainers purely because they were in The Breakfast Club

Bubba
07-07-2014, 05:27 PM
I wear dark t-shirts and jeans. That's it.

I buy clothes once in a blue moon. Usually when something gets a hole in it. Even then it depends on how big the hole is.

Vasher
07-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Home: either Hanes white V-neck or logo-T with athletic shorts "Joe Boxer" pajama pants.

Out: lately I've been into Tommy Bajama, cool and comfortable.

Shiny
07-11-2014, 07:18 AM
To be honest I have a feeling my love for clothes and fashion is slowly going to take over my life. Also I just bought this amazingly cute pair of Nike trainers purely because they were in The Breakfast Club
Dope, pics of these are necessary.

Shauna
07-11-2014, 10:33 AM
I don't care that much. As long as I don't look like a complete bum then I will wear whatever. Usually jeans & t-shirt, oftentimes a nerd tee because that's the kind of person I am.

I will wear nicer clothes if the situation calls for it, and I do like dressing up nice. It's just a hassle to do it day to day when I have about 15 minutes to leave the house following waking up because I am lazy.

Pheesh
07-11-2014, 10:39 AM
I have like 4 pairs of bottoms, 2 pair jeans, 2 pair shorts. Then about a million different t-shirts that I will pair with any one of those. I also have going out clothes, shirts, slacks, jackets and a coat that is the most beautiful thing in the world.

maybee
07-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Around the house ? naw, not at all. Just wear pjs or whatever; it's all good.

Outside ? Hell yes, got to look perfect, and professional and have the latest fashion and look neat and perfection. Otherwise I feel like others are judging me and giving me funny looks/ stares if I don't feel perfect enough.

It's like a double personality thing almost.

Cloudane
07-11-2014, 12:18 PM
In the summer I'm usually "that guy" (who some of you probably hate ;)) who is going around in a pony shirt (or sometimes FF, or whatever I'm into at the time) because yay, bumping into other people with the same interests... like the guy at the supermarket checkout who said "oh you're a brony eh? I've heard of that as I'm a big Tara Strong fan" which I thought was really cool.
It's like a game with geeky shirts to see how many people (if any) "get it".

Obviously, I'm not stupid. Formal clothes at work, weddings and funerals. Smart casual on dress down Friday or if going out specifically to a restaurant or something. And I doubt I'd wear my cutest Fluttershy shirt to a pub full of lads watching soccer.

I couldn't give a moogle's pompom about fashion really... first and foremost it should be comfortable and affordable. It should be reasonable to care for (a "do not iron" symbol is always a big bonus with me). And then basically if I think it looks good on me, then that makes me feel good and confident as well as comfortable so we're onto a winner!

Whether other people thinks it looks good on me - actually has less bearing on it. As long as I don't have a bunch of people telling me I dress worse than Tidus, I don't care too much, and even if they did my degree of caring would be.... limited :lol:

Pike
07-24-2014, 11:39 AM
Aside from clothes I also do not understand spending more than about three minutes getting ready to leave the house. :shobon: