PDA

View Full Version : So, how are you doing on your 2014 Resolutions?

Jinx
07-02-2014, 04:49 PM
We've just hit the halfway mark for the year, and I was wondering how everyone is doing!

1. Lose 30 pounds or more.
-Not well at all. Starting Monday I will be eating vegetarian for some other health reasons, and I'm going to cut out alcohol for awhile. I hope this helps me some.

2. Grow out my hair until it's completely natural.
-Completed! :D I cut a lot of my hair off in March, but it's all natural now. It's back down to about shoulder length in most places.

3. Make more friends.
-I've made some new EoFF friends and Twitter friends? xD I am hanging out irl with Clo these weeknd, so that counts? To be honest, I'm mostly comfortable with where I am with this.

4. Cultivate a new hobby.
-Unfortunately belly dancing is postponed until September, but I have been cooking a lot more than I used to? But no, this one isn't really successful at this time.

5. Be nicer to people.
I think I've succeeded a lot with this resolution; I still have a ways to go, and obviously it's ongoing. But I can really see a difference in my interactions with people, especially over the last few months.

6. Read 75 books or over.
-I'm currently at 71, so it's safe to call this one a success (if not yet completed, will be a week from now).

7. Volunteer somewhere.
-Haven't done anything with this one yet.

8. Run an EoFF event once every other month or more.
-Nah, I kind of fell off with this one and don't have much interest in trying to pick it back up.

9. Stop procrastinating.
-Nope. Just, nope.

Alive-Cat
07-02-2014, 05:19 PM
I didn't make any! Why didn't I make any :confused:

Jinxy can you give me some half year resolutions I should do? :greenie:

Pumpkin
07-02-2014, 05:26 PM
http://threesixstyfive.blogspot.com/

:lol:

I started that late March and not January, but so far I've stuck to it every single day, which for me is an accomplishment in itself. I've had good experiences, I've traveled, I've tried new things, I've met new people, I got an internship, I've volunteered, I've donated to the less fortunate, but most importantly I've become a stronger, more positive person and I've managed to keep my motivation up for almost 100 days now which is awesome since I usually have trouble motivating myself to change the litter box. Even if something happens that means I won't be able to continue the 365 days of challenges (which I very much don't want to happen) I still think I can call this year a success!

Shorty
07-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Making headway on my reading goals, opening an etsy story again, finishing the Fallout games, getting a new laptop. Haven't tried a new cocktail yet, but there is still time! I've obtained a lens kit for my camera, and will make mulled wine this winter. I'll be visiting my five new places when I move to New York later this year, if everything goes as planned. My original life plans kindof got a little messed up, so some of the things I wanted to do I will not be able to do. I will still be able to move, though, just not where I wanted.

I have not learned to sew or crochet yet, but there is still time. Same for learning a song on guitar! I will likely not finish all of the FF games this year because welp :shobon: I just don't care too much right now! Have not made three blog posts a week, good lord. Have not painted - totally forgot I wanted to do that. Probably won't get a fish for a while, either.

Done a good amount of things from my list so far that I'm pleased with. Anything else left over can get kicked into next year :jess:

metagloria
07-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Wait, it's 2014? Oh sh-

Perducci
07-02-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm about half way through them.

Basically told myselef I was going to fix up my shitty teeth, quit smoking and pay off all of my immediate debt. Currently have about £800 of my overdraft left to pay off until my bank account actually has real money in it, have made it through half of my dental treatment plan.

As for the smoking side of things, I've cut out half of my usual cigarettes, and I've got another six months or so to quit alltogether.

All in all, I'm doing pretty well.

Parker
07-02-2014, 07:59 PM
I didn't make any particular resolutions that I can remember, but I've taken numerous steps to improve my life and succeeded at a whole bunch of them. I quit smoking and got a good result in my degree. I am actively hunting out work and had some promising interviews so hopefully I will be able to cross off "get a real job" soon.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-02-2014, 08:18 PM
While I had a few goals, the only one I really cared about was getting my driver's license before summer was over. That has been accomplished!

The other goal is to get comfortable enough with driving to take a short road trip by the end of summer. That hasn't happened yet, but it's scheduled for the end of the month assuming I for sure get the time off work!

Writing goals and reading goals all went out the window for a while really. I had other life things that needed worked out, and now my work schedule is such that it's hard to set up a solid writing schedule. Those writing projects should get started on soon though. Soon I'll be picking up Mister Adequate's book again so I can continue my reading goals as well.

black orb
07-02-2014, 11:19 PM
>>> I have not won the lottery yet but Im still alive so I cant complain..:luca:

Colonel Angus
07-02-2014, 11:39 PM
I never bother w/ resolutions because if I say I'm going to do something, I usually won't do it.

There are things I would like to do, but I haven't started much.

Christmas
07-03-2014, 12:21 AM
My resolution is to take some time and post on EoFF and now destiny is completed! :bigsmile:

starlet
07-03-2014, 01:02 AM
My only new years resolution was to travel more and to go to New York for NYE specifically. Lets just say that plans have been made and theres no backing down now :D

Mirage
07-03-2014, 03:59 AM
I've kept every single of my new years resolutions.

Coincidencially, my number of resolutions are zero.

Raistlin
07-03-2014, 04:14 AM
1. Don't die.

Doing great so far!

Sephex
07-03-2014, 05:03 AM
1.) Make New Years Resolutions

Crap.

Venom65437
07-06-2014, 11:50 PM
I got a new job, opened a savings account, and have lost about 20 pounds. They weren't resolutions for me, but goals! All three of these things have been on my mind for years!

Ayen
07-07-2014, 12:46 AM
I completed mine last month. My New Year's Resolutions was to finish my reviews request list and I did as of Super Mario RPG.

Miss Mae
07-07-2014, 04:39 AM
My resolutions were basically...
1) Write more
2) Do more cool stuff
3) Be less of an anxious moron

I've definitely been sticking to (1) and I have since made much more specific goals in this category, which I'm on track with.

I went on holiday to Adelaide earlier this year and I'm going to Sydney in a couple of weeks. I've also been adventuring a little bit more, just exploring this awesome part of the world I live in and whatnot. Going out with people more, going to the movies or out to dinner more, enjoying myself more etc. So I think I am doing fine for (2).

(3) has been the toughest of the three, and I keep thinking I'm doing well and then having lapses. I need to stop being so hard on myself and stop acting like it's all or nothing; so long as I'm having more calm, happy days than I was, I'm winning here.

Freya
07-11-2014, 08:25 PM
I forgot what mine were soooo that probably provides the answer.

Cloudane
07-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Didn't make any - I'm one of those who believes that self improvement should start as and when you feel the need, and that too many resolutions are "forced" and fall flat (in the fitness / weight loss scene I've seen them called the Christmas Turkeys - because they last about a week into the new year. :p)

That said, it works as motivation for some, and it's good to know they have worked for some too!

Lost 70lb since last October, though. 9 more to BMI 22 :)

Shauna
07-11-2014, 09:49 PM

:jess:

:erm:

Not well.

Shiny
07-14-2014, 08:52 AM
1. Don't die.

Doing great so far!

I see you've dodged all my traps. Well played, sir.

EDIT: For reference here's a thread http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/153468-New-Years-Resolution-Prediction-Thread!?highlight=2014+resolutions

According to that thread, mine were:

-Start stretching a lot more so that my body doesn't feel all old person-ish
I did, but I really need to do it every day. It has to be a daily thing and I might start taking fish oil pills again.

-Learn more things to cook EVEN MORE THINGS
I did and continuing, but I hate cooking so not going to go crazy with this.

-Hang out with my friends more and less with my bf's friends because a few of them suck
Yep, but I made amends with a few of his friends that I was having issues with. And the ones that suck, still suck, but they're thankfully moving far away so yay.

-Make a feature film
It's happening in late August most likely. We're already in pre-production.

To be honest, I don't really make serious resolutions apart from just breathing and being happy. Those are the only really important things for me to want to be or do every year.