PDA

View Full Version : So how much time did you dump into Triple Triad?

Pike
07-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Admit it!

metagloria
07-02-2014, 05:38 PM
So much. I start playing as early as possible and get all the cards through level 5 (I think?) in Balamb before ever leaving the island.

The most recent time I played through, I used an awesome guide to help explain how the rules are spread and how to ensure that random is never, ever, ever spread anywhere. It made everything so much better.

Shorty
07-02-2014, 05:50 PM
A lot of it. I used a walkthrough for my first playthrough and obtained every single card.

The Random rule is the bane of my existence.

Rez09
07-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Enough that the Triple Triad music was my battle music. :|

Pumpkin
07-02-2014, 06:09 PM
A few minutes

magemasher
07-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Not long at all, I'm a Tetra master guy.

Neptunia
07-03-2014, 12:00 AM
probably a couple of hours, makes much more sense than tetra master. well at least till you get to the math heavy rules.

Christmas
07-03-2014, 12:18 AM
I am still playing Triple Triad using FF VIII all these years. :bigsmile:

But not on public holidays, that is for Tetra Master. :bigsmile:

Mirage
07-03-2014, 12:36 AM
probably a couple of hours, makes much more sense than tetra master. well at least till you get to the math heavy rules.

It's still just basic arithmetic though :p, and there's really only one rule that requires any actual calculation, and that's Plus. Same is just about looking at numbers and checking if they are identical. Same Wall is basically just the same as Same. Combo is just checking which number is higher.

-edit-I forgot about elemental, but adding 1 or subtracting 1 isn't very advanced either.

I probably spent more than 100 hours on this game alone through my various playthroughs.

Sephex
07-03-2014, 03:11 AM
A lot of time only so I can keep on getting kick ass cards to get items that allows me to break the game further. Yes, the game is already easy, but I love steam rolling games. It's how I gain confidence since in real LIFE I AM A WORTHLESS PERSON!!!! :( :( :(

Christmas
07-03-2014, 04:28 AM
A lot of time only so I can keep on getting kick ass cards to get items that allows me to break the fame further. Yes, the game is already easy, but I love steam rolling games. It's how I gain confidence since in real LIFE I AM A WORTHLESS PERSON!!!! :( :( :(

:cry:

Skyblade
07-04-2014, 04:09 AM
Enough that the Triple Triad music was my battle music. :|

Enough that I still can't listen to that song without wanting to snap something in half. I haven't even played Triple Triad in years, and yet hearing that song...

Ergroilnin
07-16-2014, 09:32 PM
Hmm around thirty hours I guess? Most of them on Lionheart on CD1 run, had to win those Elnoyle cards IIRC.

Not sure why but I was always more of a FFIX's Tetra Master fan even though TT has much better mechanics and makes actual sense for normal people.

Dat Matt
07-19-2014, 01:32 AM
The first 5 hours of my game were Triple Triad. I tried to get enough Cards to get 300 Torandos (i think that was) Sand worms. Gave you like 50+ attack which is super broken early game.

Got all the cards too. That was less difficult I found :P

Ayen
07-19-2014, 01:37 AM
I never invested that much time in it. It never interested me as much as the actual game. I think I spent more time playing it on here than I did VIII.