PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever dreamed of Final Fantasy?

Pike
07-03-2014, 02:15 AM
Although I have dreamed of other games I actually don't remember ever dreaming about FF!

Pumpkin
07-03-2014, 03:25 AM
I have but I don't remember specifics

Rez09
07-03-2014, 05:55 AM
Not that I recall.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-03-2014, 05:59 AM
I once dreamed about playing a game of pool with Sephiroth, Cloud, Squall, Seifer, Zell, Tifa, Aerith, and some others. It ended with Sephiroth getting mad and stabbing Aerith through the heart. This is the only one that I can remember.

Sephex
07-03-2014, 06:09 AM
I had a dream ages ago that Square made some ultra game for the SNES that combined the universes of FFIV, FFVI, and Chrono Trigger. The style looked like Chrono Trigger, and the game engine was modified after that, too. I remember controlling Rydia, and how interesting it was to see her sprite as detailed as a Chrono Trigger one.

VeloZer0
07-03-2014, 07:07 AM
I can't remember any specifics, but I am 100% positive that on more than one occasion I have had a dream involving FF elements.

Christmas
07-03-2014, 02:26 PM
I dreamed of a huge city where it never sleeps. A whiny blonde boy playing soccer in water. A giant whale was his dad and he killed his dad. Then he tries to kill me and I woke up. :(

Never to play soccer again. :(

Mirage
07-03-2014, 06:13 PM
A few times. It wasn't very exciting.

chionos
07-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Are you talking about dreaming about playing Final Fantasy, or dreaming about interacting with Final Fantasy characters or settings? I've dreamed about playing Final Fantasy, but it was incidental to the dream.

MJN SEIFER
07-06-2014, 11:37 PM
Yes, I have. These will all be a bit vague as most of them happened years ago. I am not sure of the order.

1. I had a dream where I was playing FFVII and was flying the Highwind around, when some "times almost up" music started playing (I may be wrong, but I think it was the "out of air" music in the Sonic games) and I guessed what was happening so, I flew around in the Highwind panicking, and then suddenly a man's voice said "Meteor has struck." and the game ended.

I think I had this because I always wondered if Meteor would ever fall if you took too long to complete the game back then.

2. I dreamt I was playing FFIX and I was in a Ragtimer battle. I attacked Ragtimer for some reason, but instead of running away like he usually does he said "nark!" and summoned a monster before escaping. If I remember correctly it was a plant like enemy with a big eye. It did an attack where breathed out a wind, and my party died, but instead of going to Game Over, the game's credits came on with the battle still going in a box at the corner (I think) with the monster just standing there. There was a song playing but I can't remember what it was. It was basically, your team die, that's how the game ends.

3. I dreamt that I was playing FFVII, and was on the Aeris death scene, but it was Yuffie who died not Aeris. It was still sad, even though it didn't make sense. .

4. I dreamt I was playing FFVII, and I was at the Reactor 5 section. Something about it wasn't right, but I couldn't put my finger on what, and I had a kind of "I'm in a building underwater, and will run out of air soon" sensation going on. In the game someone started talking with a voice, and sung (not really in tune, I don't think) "This is the (something*) to the number 5 rector" (not reactor, but rector).

5. I dreamt I was playing FFVII (can you guess my favorite FF yet?) but it was like a super linear version in that you couldn't do anything that the game didn't want you to do, or you'd die. It was in the Midgar section, I think on a train, and if I went the wrong way or did something that wasn't necessary for that mission it would be game over, simple as that.

This was probably caused by the fact I've always praised FFVII about being such a variety game, and the fact I had been reading a magazine review for another PlayStation game (Cyberia) which was, according to the review done like that, in that if you deviated from the storyline you'd die. Their opinion, not mine.

*It was one syllable, that's one thing I remember.

Ayen
07-06-2014, 11:47 PM
Can't say that I have.