PDA

View Full Version : Song of Prayer

DarkBahamut
07-03-2014, 06:47 AM
I don't know why, but it hits me so hard. (Esp. Ifrit's and Bahamut's versions)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWVST7P37IM

Your opinions on the Hymns of Prayer throughout Spira?

leader of mortals
07-03-2014, 07:52 AM
I always thought it was amazing how well the personality of every aeon was captured in the hymn. Listening to them...

Valefor's is soft and pretty, maybe gentle. Fitting for Valefor
Ifrit's is strong, deep, pure power.
Ixion's sounds older, perhaps wiser. For some reason, I got that feeling off of Ixion.
Shiva's is beautiful, but not gentle like Valefor's was. It's fitting for the vision of beauty that Shiva is
Bahamut's is sung by a child, which I always found strange because it's the strongest of the 5 main aeons. Maybe it's to show the potential within children, that they have the strongest spirit, I don't know.
Yojimbo's is strong and noble, fitting for a samurai, for sure.
Anima's is sorrowful, maybe haunting. It shows the deep pain that Seymour's mother felt.
The Final Aeon's is haunting, eerie, and just unsettling when compared to the rest, showing the darkness surrounding what the final aeon is.

Sephex
07-03-2014, 08:10 AM
I did think it was cool that each Aeon had a different Fayth vocalist. Made that part of the universe seem very authentic.

magemasher
07-03-2014, 04:07 PM
I like it when the Al Bhed sing it as they escape Home. Maybe like is the wrong word but it's the most meaningful rendition of the hymn.

DarkBahamut
07-04-2014, 05:57 AM
Bahamut's is sung by a child, which I always found strange because it's the strongest of the 5 main aeons. Maybe it's to show the potential within children, that they have the strongest spirit, I don't know.

I like the thought that Bahamut is actually a gentle giant.