PDA

View Full Version : Memories From Games That Spill Into Reality

Sephex
07-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Not sure how else to title that thread, so allow me to share a story with you guys. Maybe that will make my thread idea clearer.

So when I was first playing Chrono Trigger, I just started to explore the map. I whip up on that wonderful floating continent, but then...

"We gotta go to a family get together!"

Crap, that was dad yelling at me. We have to go to Uncle's house! No such way exists to take the game portable during this time. So I bit the bullet and had to wait a few hours to see what the Zeal nonsense was all about.

Years later, I am on my own, getting ready for a family gathering. It was at the Uncle's house again. But now I have a Nintendo DS! And I swear i didn't plan it this way but I was about to go to Zeal when I last stopped playing.

I played Chrono Trigger at my Uncle's house. Playing a specific part that got interrupted years ago. I don't know it all felt so fitting and cool to me.

So hopefully that helped.

Basically, has there been any amusing RPG play sessions that got interrupted, and was the story amusing?

chionos
07-03-2014, 07:27 PM
Sounds like one of those unique experiences that only you can understand. I don't think I've ever had anything like that happen to me, although certain games do bring to mind memories of first play-throughs or ages long past. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. For those of us true gamers, games can be emotional tethers. To times, to people, to memories, etc.

Sephex
07-03-2014, 11:45 PM
Yeah, that's what I was trying to get it. I know the topic is very vague. It didn't help that I was DEAD TIRED while making this thread.

KentaRawr!
07-04-2014, 03:19 AM
This one time, I was playing FFXI (And I was the team's healer!) and my Mom called me from downstairs. I asked if I could be there in just a moment so I could let everyone know I had to go and possibly help them find a healer before going. But my Mom insisted I go at just that moment, so I logged off abruptly (surely earning the eternal scorn of my party members), and looked out the window.

Our house was being overrun by cows. :monster: