PDA

View Full Version : FF Done Different

Pike
07-04-2014, 01:56 AM
Let's say you could pick one non-SE game dev company to make an FF game. Which company would you pick?

Christmas
07-04-2014, 02:03 AM
Warcraft. :bigsmile:

I want to be able to train a lot of Clouds and send them to their death. :bigsmile:

EDIT: MY BIGSMILE ISN'T WORKING IN THIS POST. PIKE, IS IT BECAUSE I'VE PICKED THE WRONG GAME!? FINE, I WILL PICK RED ALERT 2 OR MORROWIND!!

Pumpkin
07-04-2014, 04:37 AM
Ummmm konami? Namco? I DON'T KNOW, WHO MAKES GOOD GAMES?

I honestly don't pay attention to developers so I'm not really sure :P

Skyblade
07-04-2014, 04:40 AM
Ummmm konami? Namco? I DON'T KNOW, WHO MAKES GOOD GAMES?

I honestly don't pay attention to developers so I'm not really sure :P

They used to, I don't know that they still do.

I vote for ATLUS, myself. shion, when are you going to play Persona 3?

Pumpkin
07-04-2014, 04:40 AM
I dunno the cover has a lot of colours and stuff and it just makes me feel like my eyes are being attacked :/

EDIT:
You know what, I change my answer to whoever made Ape Escape. It could be Moogle escape and you run around catching Moogles with silly gadgets

Skyblade
07-04-2014, 05:05 AM
EDIT:
You know what, I change my answer to whoever made Ape Escape. It could be Moogle escape and you run around catching Moogles with silly gadgets

I disagree with that as a primary direction for the series. But that would be an absolutely fantastic spin-off.

Karifean
07-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Can I differentiate it further than just "a company"?

Story: Main concept, first chapter and final chapter need to be written by Jun Maeda. For everything in the middle, I'd make the main responsible ones Maeda, Ryukishi07 and Sakaguchi of course along with Nojima. Sakaguchi and Nojima for the FF atmosphere, Ryukishi07 for an engaging mysterious storyline and Maeda for the feels. The team then just needs to be someone who can bring their visions and ideas to fruition without interfering.

Music: Nobuo Uematsu, of course! Maeda can assist, and if Shinji Orito and Magome Togoshi were up for it, would be great if they could compose some tracks as well.

Gameplay: Hmm, I don't know. Who makes great turn-based combat and a nice web of sidequests that enrich the world the game takes place in? FF XII I feel did this well and X/X-2 had some wonderful combat too.

Sephiroth
07-04-2014, 10:51 AM

Story: Main concept, first chapter and final chapter need to be written by Jun Maeda. For everything in the middle, I'd make the main responsible ones Maeda, Ryukishi07 and Sakaguchi of course along with Nojima. Sakaguchi and Nojima for the FF atmosphere, Ryukishi07 for an engaging mysterious storyline and Maeda for the feels. The team then just needs to be someone who can bring their visions and ideas to fruition without interfering.

Music: Nobuo Uematsu, of course! Maeda can assist, and if Shinji Orito and Magome Togoshi were up for it, would be great if they could compose some tracks as well.

Gameplay: Hmm, I don't know. Who makes great turn-based combat and a nice web of sidequests that enrich the world the game takes place in? FF XII I feel did this well and X/X-2 had some wonderful combat too.

This sounds good with some exceptions. Hironobu Sakaguchi, Kazushige Nojima and Yoshinori Kitase as well as the guys from Nier for Storytelling. FFX-2's Combat Management sounds about right. For Music Nobuo Uematsu, Masashi Hamazu and Yoko Shimomura. Design by Tetsuya Nomura.

So Square + the sages of Square's old times. Short, Square and Mistwalker.

KentaRawr!
07-04-2014, 02:08 PM
I came in just to say Mistwalker. :shobon:

Loony BoB
07-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Mistwalker and Red Thread Games combined. Red Thread to have the bigger say on story, script and voice acting. Mistwalker to have the bigger say on gameplay elements and music. As an alternative, Mistwalker but with James Barclay as the writer.

Quindiana Jones
07-04-2014, 02:32 PM

This sounds good with some exceptions. Hironobu Sakaguchi, Kazushige Nojima and Yoshinori Kitase as well as the guys from Nier for Storytelling. FFX-2's Combat Management sounds about right. For Music Nobuo Uematsu, Masashi Hamazu and Yoko Shimomura. Design by Tetsuya Nomura.

So Square + the sages of Square's old times. Short, Square and Mistwalker.

That sounds like "FF Done Exactly the Same Except Better" to me. READ THE THREAD TITLE, GAWD.

I want Treyarch.

Sephiroth
07-04-2014, 05:48 PM
That sounds like "FF Done Exactly the Same Except Better" to me. READ THE THREAD TITLE, GAWD.

I want Treyarch.

Except there is nothing better for me no matter what the title is which I did read before. As well as I did pretty much agree with Kari who already mentioned other company parts, not that they are so important for me as I mentioned the for me necessary ones. Understand the context of my comment, GAWD.

Rez09
07-04-2014, 06:28 PM
Zynga.

Pumpkin
07-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Just for the record I found out Ape Escape is made by Sony. GO SONY!!

Slothy
07-04-2014, 08:05 PM
Just for something completely different: Obsidian.

Big D
07-04-2014, 11:41 PM
Bethesda. I think they'd put some epic exploration, as well as a bit of role-playing, back into the FF series.