PDA

View Full Version : THERE ARE TOO MANY JOBS

Pike
07-04-2014, 11:49 PM
AND ONLY FOUR CHARACTERS HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO TRY ALL THESE JOBS??

No seriously what do you guys do? Juggle the jobs around between the characters a lot?

Pumpkin
07-05-2014, 12:55 AM
I assign the jobs between the 4 characters

StarCross1988
07-05-2014, 04:02 AM
I'm playing through this for the first time and just got the second batch of jobs and I'm already overwhelmed. @_@ I really don't know how someone is supposed to do this. xD

Venom65437
07-05-2014, 05:04 AM
You don't have to use all of them though. Just use the jobs/combos that interest you. Most any combination can beat the game. (Though some are much easier than others!)

Sephex
07-05-2014, 05:20 AM
Just stick to what you think is the best. FFV is pretty open. There is no wrong way to utilize the jobs. Of course now that I said that someone is going to say otherwise.

VeloZer0
07-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Just only use the ones that you like the sprites for. Duh.

Christmas
07-05-2014, 08:01 AM
This game is meant for job hoppers. :mymelbert:

Colonel Angus
07-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Movers. End of game. Complete jobs you didn't want to before. Fragmented sentences. 100ABP. Real easy.

KentaRawr!
07-09-2014, 01:51 AM
Normally what I do is make a very FF1-esque team with the first set of jobs, and then when I've either mastered a job or have the abilities I most like, I switch them to another job which would benefit from the abilities I got from the previous one, or just kind of "fits" somehow. For example, giving a former White Mage the Time Mage job so that they'll have all of the buffing of the Time Mage and all the healing of the White Mage! Sometimes I do things like give a Knight or other sword-user white magic since it makes me think of paladins, too. :P Plus there's things like giving the Sword-Magic guy dual-wielding of the Ninja.

Stuff like that. =)

metagloria
07-09-2014, 03:48 AM
There's no wrong way to do it, except for one: DO NOT stick with a job until you master it before moving on. Diversify, grow your skill set. You can't really know when to "stop" with a given job unless you refer to a guide.

The three most important abilities in the game are Barefist (Monk), Throw (Ninja) and SShot/Rapid Fire (Hunter).

Colonel Angus
07-09-2014, 04:53 AM
There's no wrong way to do it, except for one: DO NOT stick with a job until you master it before moving on. Diversify, grow your skill set. You can't really know when to "stop" with a given job unless you refer to a guide.

The three most important abilities in the game are Barefist (Monk), Throw (Ninja) and SShot/Rapid Fire (Hunter).
You're forgetting Dual Wield (Ninja). Really, what abilities are important differ, depending on what kind of character you're trying to build. Throw, for example, is better for those w/ higher magic.

VeloZer0
07-09-2014, 06:18 AM
Barefist is the most important ability by far. No mater what job you are using, or how much it sucks you can throw Barefist on and have them contribute something.

Levian
07-09-2014, 09:32 AM
I'm a trysexual, I'll try anything once -- Samantha Jones

Psychotic
07-09-2014, 09:47 AM
I'm a trysexual, I'll try anything once -- Samantha JonesI work with somebody with this name. This is amusing to me.

Levian
07-09-2014, 10:25 AM
I'm a trysexual, I'll try anything once -- Samantha JonesI work with somebody with this name. This is amusing to me.

I figured you'd appreciate a good Sex and the City quote.

Colonel Angus
07-09-2014, 11:09 PM
Barefist is the most important ability by far. No mater what job you are using, or how much it sucks you can throw Barefist on and have them contribute something.
The great thing about Barefist is that it makes all physical attacks better, even weapon attacks. I think it's strength +30 or something ridiculous.

Mirage
07-10-2014, 02:20 AM
Likewise, I think equipping !black also raises your magic power, but I might be wrong.

VeloZer0
07-10-2014, 07:08 AM
The great thing about Barefist is that it makes all physical attacks better, even weapon attacks. I think it's strength +30 or something ridiculous.
That I did not know.

metagloria
07-10-2014, 02:57 PM
That I did not know.

I didn't know this either. If it's true, it's probably strength +26, because the descriptor is "gain same attack power as monk" and that's the stat boost for being one.

Colonel Angus
07-10-2014, 11:48 PM
I think you're right, gloria. In fact, when you master the Monk class, you get the barehanded & +26 strength automatically w/ the freelancer & mime classes (as well as counter). Monk's have the highest strength of any class & when you master a class, the highest stats are inherited (this is why you should try to master all the classes, then go back to bare or be a mime [for magic users]).

Karifean
07-15-2014, 06:16 PM
I did not know Barehanded granted a Monk's Strength O.o
I did know that some menu commands (notably !Black and I think !White) grant the original class's Magic, so I guess it's only natural.

But yeah, mastering the Monk immediatly gets your Freelancer's Strength and Vitality as high as it can be, and mastering Thief does the same to his Speed. At that point Freelancer is just stupidly powerful, especially once you get to mastering other classes as well.