PDA

View Full Version : "You've won the Super Bowl, what's next?" "I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!"

Pike
07-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Let's talk about THEME PARKS!

My family went to Disneyland a few times when I was about 13-14. I think that's pretty much the perfect age because you're old enough to go on all the rides but young enough to still think that the whole place is super magical.

Space Mountain was my absolute favorite. Of course now you can see it on YouTube with the lights on and it's pretty unimpressive but AT THE TIME AND IN THE DARK IT WAS AWESOME OKAY.

The downside was the lines which were like two hours long, but that's why you get a special pass and then go at like 7am. We went on all sorts of rides with no line that way. :bigsmile:

Christmas
07-06-2014, 03:29 PM
Theme parks are like the mountains and jungle. This is the place where a true master cultivates the art of patience and tolerance. The queues are like the grass and the wait is like the wind. The body and mind must merge with the will of the universe to attain enlightenment and truly understand the essence behind the wait and the queue. Thus, the ride will be truly enjoyable and unforgettable after a few hours of cultivation and training. :praisethesun:

Colonel Angus
07-06-2014, 03:29 PM
Went to Disney World as a child a couple of times as a youth. I enjoyed it tremendously. Some of the best moments of my life.

I also went to Great America a few times, which was fun. I'm not a big roller coaster person, so I don't bother going there often. It's also in the Southern Canadian portion of Illinois, so I think I'd need a passport to go that far north.

In 8th Grade I went to Wisconsin Dells, which was a blast.

I also went to Indiana Beach as a kid, which was also a blast.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-06-2014, 04:42 PM
We have a place called Worlds of Fun by where I live. I've been there a few times! It's nothing too special, but I still enjoy it quite a bit!

I've been to Disney Land as well, but I was 2 years old and really don't remember it very well. I went on my first roller coaster then (The Matterhorn I think?) and it scared me pretty bad I think. The only thing I remember is the yetis or whatever that would pop up on the ride, and I'd have nightmares about riding that ride a lot as a kid where the yetis would instead be more grotesque looking monsters that would come out of the walls and try to attack us. No idea if the actual ride is intense at all, but apparently it was enough to make me not ride another roller coaster until I was in high school.

There's also Silver Dollar City in Branson that I've been to a few times.

noxious.sunshine
07-06-2014, 05:35 PM
I've been to Disney WORLD (the better of the 2 parks :P) twice. My dad took us the first time when I was 3 & I thought everything was real.. And again when I was 11.

Been to Dollywood a bunch .. It's meh. Overpriced, really, and they don't have very many roller coasters.

Went to 6 Flags in Atlanta once. It was cool. Went KY Kingdom- it was ratchet as Hell. It's long shut down now. Also Opryland. Got separated from my sister & got lost. Scary business. lol It's shut down too and is now Opry Mills Mall (which coincidentally, Mills is a chain mall. There's also Arizona Mills in Phoenix)..

We used to go to King 's Island every Summer Cuz my aunt lived in Dayton. Haven't been there in -years-, but man. The Beast .. Waaaaaaaa...

Jay & I went to Six Flags Great Adventure in Jerzey. Man was it the worst. We went on a fucking Saturday. BIG Mistake. We got there right when they opened and even still only got to ride 4 coasters before we gave up and were like "Fuck this" and went home. $200 wasted.

I wanna go to Cedar Pointe in Sandusky. I heard it owns.

OH. I took P to Coney Island, but couldn't really ride much cuz she's too short. It's mad expensive thoughn

Sephex
07-06-2014, 08:33 PM
There is a Six Flags about an hour north of my location I have been to countless times. Lots of fun rides. They just got a new coaster this year that holds the world record in some sort of drop, speed, or something. I can't remember.

I have been to Disney Land before, but I was only six years old or something. I remember the time I had there, and it was a good time.

Pumpkin
07-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Mont cascade was my favourite because it was a giant WATER PARK :jess:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-06-2014, 09:47 PM
http://www.lovethesepics.com/2012/03/illegal-tour-abandoned-amusement-park-nara-dreamland-65-pics/

Alive-Cat
07-06-2014, 10:29 PM
I am supposed to be going to Thorpe Park one month soon, I haven't been for years so that should be great!

Shiny
07-06-2014, 10:59 PM
I love theme parks, roller coasters, and the like. I've been to Dorney Park, Six Flags Great Adenture, Six Flags Great Escape, Busch Gardens, Epcot, Hershey Park, Universal in Florida, Universal in Cali, MGM, Disneyworld, and soon Kings Dominion. Sea world is terrible though. Never going back there.

Kalevala
07-06-2014, 11:04 PM
I've never been, but one of my roommates is also 22 and still goes every year with his parents and his younger sister and older brother (19 and 24, respectively).

Shorty
07-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Disneyland is magical. Plain and simple. Even as an adult, I enjoy it immensely. I'm not a huge Disney nut, but going there brings back great memories as a kid with my family for the trips we were able to make, including one trip with my cousins that was awesome. I last went with Rantz in 2011 (I think I still have the ticket stub!).

Space Mountain is probably the best ride in terms of actual rides themelves, but the Indiana Jones ride is just my favorite, and Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin is a close second. I love Toon Town and Tomorrowland. The Star Wars ride is great, but it made me so sick! Seriously, Toon Town is the epitome of Disneyland to me. The Matterhorn is great. I used to be terrified of Splash Mountain, but I still love it. I always, always, always wanted to go on the submarine ride but every single time we went to Disneyland, it was always closed or shut down! We were able to go on the re-constructed version that had been turned into the Finding Nemo ride when I was there last. We also rode the beautiful Tom Sawyer boat that I've always wanted to ride.

When I was a kid, we would always sit in the Country Bear Square (or whatever it was called) and watch the Country Bears perform. It was kindof mesmerizingly horrific, haha. One of my favorite memories ever was watching the Fantasmic performance when I was a kid and being absolutely stunned at the amazing Maleficent dragon they were able to produce. Seeing something like that as a kid was just on a whole different level of seeing the Disney universe come alive. I also seem to remember a pirate fight on the Mark Twain Riverboat, but I can't remember.

Let's also not forget the Haunted Mansion. I loooove the Haunted Mansion. As much as a stickler I am for ~*~original~*~ things, it's pretty neat to see the absolute complete Nightmare Before Christmas makeover it gets for Halloween.

I've never been to the California Adventure Land or whatever it's called. I seem to recall thinking it was purely consumer-oriented (I mean, Disneyland is, too, but to a lesser extent). Never really had an interest.

The theme park in Utah that I went to often is called Lagoon. Lots of awesome memories going there. They gave out so many free passes at our schools and my dad's workplace had family functions there often, so we went almost every year when I was growing up.

I went to Six Flags once. It wasn't that great.

Psychotic
07-10-2014, 05:50 PM
hey fellow brits

drayton manor > alton towers

what you gonna do about it huh

Jess
07-10-2014, 06:22 PM
I read the other day that a teenager fell to his death from a roller coaster at a theme park in Benidorm after his harness failed. :(

I'm scared of roller coasters.

Bubba
07-10-2014, 06:40 PM
hey fellow brits

drayton manor > alton towers

what you gonna do about it huh

I have no idea who Drayton Manor is but he must be pretty fucking spectacular if he's going to top a theme park.

My Mum used to say the park at the bottom of our road was a theme park. The theme appeared to be grass and empty bottles of 2 litre Strongbow.

Aulayna
07-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Going to Walt Disney World on my own next year. Equal parts as nervous as I am excited about it.

Freya
07-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Universal was really cool.

Cedar Point was awesome as it was just rollercoasters.

Pike
07-24-2014, 11:40 AM
The more I think about it, the more I think Disneyland is actually the only theme park I've been to. :redface: