PDA

View Full Version : Oh Can It!

noxious.sunshine
07-07-2014, 12:03 AM
I love things that are pickled.

Pepperoncinis and banana peppers especially. OMG. I could eat an entire jar in one sitting and then be sad that I have no more. It really irritates me when people confuse the 2, too. Banana peppers almost always come in slices and aren't spicy- just tangy- unless it says otherwise on the label. Pepperoncinis are whole and slightly spicy.

And dill pickles. nom nom nom. I love them fried.

I recently tried gardiniera on a roast beef sammich.. sooooo good!

Talk about pickled things!

Parker
07-07-2014, 12:42 PM
Can we expand the canning and jarring stuff to jams as well as pickles? It's just that my mum made blackcurrant jam yesterday and it rocked so much.

She also makes pickled onions. We currently have some spicy ones (peppers and such in there) which are really nice. I'm going to go get one right now.

Night Fury
07-07-2014, 01:58 PM
I love pickled red cabbage. Also, pickled cauliflower is pretty damn amazing.

Shorty
07-07-2014, 05:17 PM
I do not like pickled things. Although I did have some pickled salmon (I think?) in Sweden and though it was really strong, I liked it. Anything else is a no-go, though.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-08-2014, 02:49 AM
Pickled anything is fucking disgusting.

Ick.

You can have all the pickled things. But you can't kiss me after you eat them.

Ick.

Colonel Angus
07-08-2014, 03:33 AM

Shiny
07-09-2014, 01:08 AM
I second the love for pickled cauliflower, though I like it pickled as well. I'm currently having a Cambodian sandwich with pickled cauliflower at the moment. It's slightly sweet, tangy, and spicy.