PDA

View Full Version : eBay

Pike
07-07-2014, 01:59 AM
Does anyone here have much experience selling on eBay?

I think I am going to go dig up a bunch of old textbooks and other assorted junk that I've got lying around and attempt to sell them. Even if it just amounts to a little pocket change, it's better than nothing!

Scotty_ffgamer
07-07-2014, 02:13 AM
I've only bought from eBay once. I bought Tomba for pretty cheap! There have been times I've thought about selling either on there are Amazon, but I just never end up doing so.

I Took the Red Pill
07-07-2014, 03:09 AM
I have had pretty good success selling textbooks on eBay and also on Amazon. I sold 2 or 3 textbooks, and both times ended up selling them for almost the price I bought them for. Actually I think once I somehow made a net profit doing it. Just choose the price you want for it and let that bastard sit. Once September rolls around and college classes are starting up again, it's likely someone will buy it. Just don't be a scumbag and lie about the condition (happened with a used book I bought once, was pissed).

Rostum
07-07-2014, 04:37 AM
I've sold a few things on eBay, never really had any issue.

Shorty
07-07-2014, 04:50 AM
We had a thread a little while ago about online shopping where I listed the clothing stores I shop from. I haven't had any bad experiences, just a couple of sellers mixing up my orders. They let me keep what they shipped me and sent me the right product. Most of my shirts, camis and shoes come from eBay lately! But I've never sold, sorry D:

I would be wary of buying electronics from eBay, though. I don't know why, but I'd go to Amazon for those.

Christmas
07-07-2014, 02:35 PM
I wanted to sell some of my soul but it's banned. :(

Shiny
07-07-2014, 05:36 PM
I sold on eBay once but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Aulayna
07-07-2014, 08:09 PM
Never had any issues with eBay. Bought and sold quite a lot of things on it over the past 10 years or so. Biggest hassle with selling for me is going to the post office to ship the stuff. But that's because I'm lazy.

Slothy
07-07-2014, 08:18 PM
I hate selling on ebay simply because unless I sell to other Canadians, or have something so unique it doesn't matter, the fees and shipping barely make it worth my while. Shipping from Canada to the US is so expensive that I usually have to take a hit on the selling price of something for it to move, then I end up paying 10% of it on top of it to ebay.

I get a much better return selling my stuff locally/on regional sites that let me advertise for free. Even if it takes a bit more time to move them, I pocket the whole shebang.

Aulayna
07-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Do you not have options to limit it? :s

I know on eBay UK I could specift what countries (if any) outside of the UK I would be willing to ship too, and it would actively block people from outside of those countries from bidding unless they contacted me first.

Slothy
07-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Do you not have options to limit it? :s

I know on eBay UK I could specift what countries (if any) outside of the UK I would be willing to ship too, and it would actively block people from outside of those countries from bidding unless they contacted me first.

Yeah, you can. Thing is, when I'm selling some comics that are somewhat rare or some unusual drums or something, the US is just a better market to sell to. Particularly for the higher dollar value stuff, and particularly if I'm looking to move something somewhat quickly and don't really have the time to wait 6+ months to sell it. It's just the nature of living in a country with only 35 million people and inadequate shipping options. Makes it hard to sell most of the stuff I've been selling within the country in a reasonable time. Which sucks when you need the money sooner rather than later.

Pike
07-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Some of the junk I tossed up is definitely selling. This was a great idea! :spin: I think I'm gonna dig around for more junk today.

Pike
07-19-2014, 12:36 AM
Bumping this just to say that selling my old crap is turning out to be a surprisingly successful venture thus far. I had no idea people would pay me $12 for a t-shirt and $10 for a used DVD but HERE WE ARE