PDA

View Full Version : shion's Top 20 Game Musics

Pumpkin
07-07-2014, 02:49 AM
I made a list of my Top 20 Favourite Video Game Songs and I will be posting them here for all to enjoy :jess:

*Notes
-In order to help split up the post, I'll be posting this in 2 posts, 10 songs per post
-I might not know all of the proper song names, sorry :greenie:
-I won't be providing long explinations for my choices so that we can focus more on just listening to the awesome music! plus everyone just has different taste and music isn't really something that can be argued well. What moves one doesn't necessarily move others.
-This is a happy thread, don't be a bum or I will throw a chicken at you :colbert:
-Enjoy and feel free to share your own favourite songs :jess:

20. Corridors of Time - Chrono Trigger

bNzYIEY-CcM

I like this song because it has so many melodies attached to it. It also has the perfect Chrono Trigger feel to it, at least for me. It has some more upbeat moments in it, but then there are some very deep and serious melodies. It's also just a very pretty song!

19. Exceeding Love - Suikoden III

rUBZgLbRdL8

The intro song for Suikoden III, a very popular song for the series. Not only is it accompanied by an awesome video, but the music itself sets the right tone for the game. I didn't link the actual video with it, so we could focus more on the music itself.

18. Lenna's Theme - Final Fantasy V

WATPOPngiTc

Sadly a character who gets overlooked a lot, her theme is absolutely beautiful. I really like how soft of a melody it has.

17. Lost Woods/Saria's Song - LoZ: Ocarina of Time

nmB9LsIozSQ

This song has an even bigger impact in the game. It has itself more fun, upbeat purpose, you even get to see a giant Goron dancing to it, but at the same time, its quick melody in the lost woods gives a sense of urgency and mischief.

16. Deku Palace - LoZ: Majora's Mask

f72iBfWWqlE

A fun, funky beat, that also illustrates the impulsive and tribal nature of what's happening inside the Deku Palace.

15. Blue Fields - Final Fantasy VIII

Np2uGeCMBwM

One of my favourite overworld themes in the series, I never realized how many layers it had until I played Theatrhythm!

14. Slew of Love Letters - Final Fantasy IX

CIY7TXwOnPs

A fun, quirky song that perfectly fits the silly nature of the scene it accompanies in the game.

13. Eternal Wind - Final Fantasy III

pOQ8LRP4DZI

My favourite overworld theme in the series that I only heard recently thanks to often having played games on mute. Makes me want to hear the rest of the soundtrack!

12. Intro Theme - Dark Cloud

QZKsZm-fbh0

My favourite song in Dark Cloud is a song I can listen to just by popping in the disc! A great adventure song!

11. Last Battle - Xenosaga Ep. I

tZ6ufAOSUhM

Not at all the type of music I was expecting to hear for a final boss battle, but its a very pretty melody and also has a very Xenosaga feel to it. A strong finish!

Small break as I get the next post ready :jess:

Ayen
07-07-2014, 03:01 AM
I approve of 17, 15, and 14.

Pumpkin
07-07-2014, 03:08 AM
10. Ukulele De Chocobo - Final Fantasy IX

ZCTd-OnrZCU

I know, what a silly song to have but it is my favourite Chocobo theme and is the first video game song I absolutely loved. When I was 8-9 years old, it was my first time playing Final Fantasy IX, this song made me so happy. I absolutely loved it. And I still do!

9. Suteki Da Ne - Final Fantasy X

mehqQhSmjUM

This song sadly seems to get a lot of hate, but I think its quite beautiful. It does a good job of making me feel the love and feel how they'll soon be apart. Very sad.

8. Cosmo Canyon Theme - Final Fantasy VII

DZBGmN5obkk

My favourite song in Final Fantasy VII! It's just a joy to listen to!

7. Reminiscence - Suikoden II

e7CKWhNB4Es

One of the best things a song can do is make you feel something. Suikoden II has a lot of wonderful songs, but this one does a great job of making me feel. It is a very beautiful song.

6. Lunatic Wisdom Laboratory - Dark Cloud 2

745hAPheACw

A very pretty song that suits the night ocean atmosphere of the Luna Lab in Dark Cloud 2.

5. Song of Healing - LoZ: Majora's Mask

XDX4ZwUeOok

Another song that does a good job of making me feel. It represents something so very sad and yet so happy at the same time. It has such a heavy emotional feel and it represents the game perfectly, in my opinion.

4. The Queen's Knights - Suikoden V

MP9uEN_v5mg

My favourite Suikoden song, I love all of the different changes throughout the song and it gets me pumped up and I even have it on my workout playlist!

3. Overture - Final Fantasy VIII

xUa2kL8kOk4

One of my favourite things about Final Fantasy VIII! This song drew me in when I popped in the disc and I sometimes put the game in just to listen to this song!

2. Abel's Ark - Xenosaga Ep. III

LgCmNN5jY6k

Talking about songs that give the feels, this song gives me some very strong ones. On top of that, it is a gorgeous melody and it makes me wish I could play the piano.

AND FINALLY

1. Rose of May - Final Fantasy IX

uoeJ4wpwN5g

My all time favourite video game song! I love this song, its sound, its feel. When I think of video game music, this is the song that instantly comes to mind. I love it!

And those are my top 20 favourite video game songs! I hope you enjoyed and maybe even found some new songs to listen to along the way!

Feel free to share some of your favourites as well :jess:

Scotty_ffgamer
07-07-2014, 03:23 AM
I always forget how good the final battle song is for Xenosaga I. Makes me want to play that game again right now.

Ayen
07-07-2014, 03:23 AM
You can probably guess I like all the Final Fantasy songs on the list. It's been way too long since I listened to Suteki Da Ne. Thanks for reminding me that song existed.

Kalevala
07-07-2014, 06:56 AM
Excellent list, shion. It's a shame, but I forgot all about Rose of May until now.

Also, I now have the urge to play every game on this list. :G

Skyblade
07-07-2014, 07:01 AM
So many classic songs from Square, but nothing from Secret of Mana. For shame, shion.

1xrRuhuHyic

Also, the main theme for Final Fantasy Type-0 is just amazing, and is one of my favorite themes of the series.

YjlB-DA_pis

While I may have a lot of issues with Chrono Cross, none of those are about it's soundtrack.

wMntblDX0Bg

However, I actually don't want you to include any of these, because it would knock Corridors of Time off the list. :crying: So I'm just adding in some music I'm guessing you hadn't heard.

Pumpkin
07-07-2014, 03:32 PM
I've never played Secret of Mana!

Skyblade
07-07-2014, 03:34 PM
I've never played Secret of Mana!

I could tell by the lack of music from the game on your list. Consider that a problem you need to fix at some point. :D

Pumpkin
07-07-2014, 03:35 PM
I've played the PS1 Mana game, does that count :greenie:

I have too many games to play before March already :colbert:

Karifean
07-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Very nice list. I approve of the Cosmo Canyon Theme ("Valley of the Fallen Star", is it?) getting some love.

My personal favorite would be the Ending theme of the game with my favorite storyline to date.

i67ZXLPeg9s

I love this song. Besides that, it might be Song for Friends (http://youtu.be/M3hjAbMOe8E) or Faraway (http://youtu.be/rdpqerzaosA) from Little Busters, or To Zanarkand (http://youtu.be/h-0G_FI61a8) from Final Fantasy X.

Masamunemaster
07-08-2014, 04:41 AM
There is so many to name, I still have to ponder on top 5 just for you all.

Madame Adequate
07-09-2014, 05:42 PM
Have you ever played the Breath of Fire games? They tend to have some gems in them too!

This is a great list tbh :jess:

Rez09
07-09-2014, 06:41 PM
Have you ever played the Breath of Fire games? Breath of Fire! :omgomg:W8Ps6O9TXXk

Pumpkin
07-09-2014, 08:37 PM
I have not played breath of fire!

Freya
07-11-2014, 08:48 PM
There are tons of newer soundtracks that are so awesome and epic. Like the Mass Effect 3 soundtrack is just gorgeous!

But you have some beautiful selections here!