PDA

View Full Version : What was your other name?

sharkythesharkdogg
07-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Did your parents have a contingency name in case you were going to be the opposite sex from what you are?

Before they knew what sex I was going to be, my girl name was going to be Laura Marie. They would have just called me Laura.

If you had one, what was yours going to be?

Pumpkin
07-07-2014, 06:06 PM
What's with your parents and giving you two names :P

I didn't have a boy name, but my name could gave been Loraine or Lauren

Bubba
07-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Me and my older brother were going to be called Rebecca and Jessica. I'm not sure which was which.

I'm glad I'm called Danny and that I have a penis.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-07-2014, 06:11 PM
What's with your parents and giving you two names :P

I didn't have a boy name, but my name could gave been Loraine or Lauren

No, that was just going to be my first and middle name. :p That's why I specified they were just going to call me Laura.

noxious.sunshine
07-07-2014, 06:30 PM
I was going to be Fred.

They were sure I was gonna be a boy.

I was almost Jessica .. Until my dad fucked up and said "We can call her Jessie!" ... My mom shut that down quick and now I'm Jamie Lee! :)

Shorty
07-07-2014, 06:32 PM
If I were born a boy, my name would have been Max. Sarah was the only name that was considered for me as a girl because my mom had a dream about a little redheaded girl sitting on a stool named Sarah when she was pregnant with me, so that locked it in.

My dad jokes about how he was tempted to name me Cornelius if I were boy so people would call me Corny Cobb. :stare:

Jess
07-07-2014, 07:36 PM
My parents didn't decide on Jessica until after I was born. I'm glad I ended up a Jessica. :jess:

Pumpkin
07-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Oh if Michael had turned out a girl, the name chosen was Amber!

Shiny
07-07-2014, 07:43 PM
There was no other name. My brother named me a little bit before I was born after a girl he a crush on in school. Weird I know.

Clo
07-07-2014, 07:52 PM
I was supposed to be Edward, but luckily I had a vagina.

Pike
07-07-2014, 08:03 PM
I have no idea what my name was going to be if I was a boy.

I was, however, supposed to be named Stefanie, but my mom neglected to mention this to the doctors and so Stephanie went on my birth certificate.

Parker
07-07-2014, 08:27 PM
Adolf

Sephex
07-07-2014, 08:31 PM
They didn't start thinking of names until they knew that I was going to be a boy. My mom apparently wanted to name me Wesley (my name is Justin for those who don't know). I am glad I got Justin because my family ended up getting into Star Trek: The Next Generation. My parents would have had no problem saying, "SHUT UP, WESLEY!" Especially if I misbehaved. Like, seriously, they still call me "the boy" to this day (because in early episodes of the show, Wesley Crusher was referred as such).

Calliope
07-07-2014, 10:52 PM
My parents wanted a boy. My name and nickname are both male.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-07-2014, 11:58 PM
Well, I don't know about my female name, but my dad did want to name me something else. My mother wouldn't allow it.

I'm not telling you what it is because I use that name as me secret alter ego to do evil things with. :radred:

Mirage
07-08-2014, 12:07 AM
i asked my mom if they had a second name planned in case i turned out to be something else, but I was disappointed to learn that they hadn't decided on a name until after i was born

super boring

Alive-Cat
07-08-2014, 01:05 AM
I don't know, but I remember being told once and it was whack. So I don't care to know! I shan't be using it :greenie:

Christmas
07-08-2014, 01:27 AM
Santa. :bigsmile:

Colonel Angus
07-08-2014, 01:37 AM
My mom said that if she had a girl, she would've named her Lisa. She says she always knew I was going to be a boy, which she wanted. She was always going to name me what she did, after her grandfather. It just so happened to be the same name as my father's, so I ended up getting his middle name as well.

If I ever have a son, I'm not naming him after myself.

Ayen
07-08-2014, 02:36 AM
I have no idea. I know the female alternative to my name is Tamsin so that's a possibility. Knowing my parents love for bible names and naming their kids things that other family members don't have, I have to imagine I probably would have been named Sarah or Mary if I was a girl.

fire_of_avalon
07-08-2014, 03:54 AM
Ian.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-08-2014, 05:32 AM
I've been Lone Wolf Leonhart since the womb.

Miss Mae
07-08-2014, 05:44 AM
Mum wanted 'Michael Aaron' and Dad wanted 'Christoper Aaron'. Thankfully they didn't have to have that argument in the end.

Lonely Paper Star
07-08-2014, 08:06 AM
My parents thought I was going to be a boy. They were going to call me Paul or something like that because Christian name.

Then they found out I was going to be a girl. My mom liked the name Kimberly. My current middle name is Felisa, so I used to joke that my initials would've been KFC. :lol: But my mom also liked the middle name Nicole, so the actual name was likely to be Kimberly Nicole. Don't know why they went back to Paul(a). I guess they just wanted to name me after great-grandmothers.

They also ended up adding another name to my first name for the religious purpose. People never really called me by it, so I don't always answer to it. It's part of my legal name, though, so for instance, in school, that's the name on the attendance the professors called out on the first day of class. I was always like, wait, that's me. I think. :redface:

Scotty_ffgamer
07-08-2014, 08:27 AM
I have no idea what my name was supposed to be. The doctors told my parents that I was going to be a girl, and that I would be born on a pretty different date from when I was born. My brother was against this notion though, and he was adamant about the fact that I was going to be a boy and that I would be born on his birthday. Anytime I was brought up before I was born, he would always be quick to tell people they were wrong. "Nu-uh! I'm going to have a brother on my birthday!" Come my October 26 on my brother's seventh birthday, he got me as a birthday gift. A boy. I got the name Scott, as you all know.

I'd never really thought about what my name was supposed to be before I turned out to be a boy. Maybe I'll ask my parents someday!

Pumpkin
07-08-2014, 02:00 PM
My parents thought I was going to be a boy. They were going to call me Paul or something like that because Christian name.

Then they found out I was going to be a girl. My mom liked the name Kimberly. My current middle name is Felisa, so I used to joke that my initials would've been KFC. :lol: But my mom also liked the middle name Nicole, so the actual name was likely to be Kimberly Nicole. Don't know why they went back to Paul(a). I guess they just wanted to name me after great-grandmothers.

They also ended up adding another name to my first name for the religious purpose. People never really called me by it, so I don't always answer to it. It's part of my legal name, though, so for instance, in school, that's the name on the attendance the professors called out on the first day of class. I was always like, wait, that's me. I think. :redface:

Its funny, I'm religious, I have a son with a religious name, and I really like religious names. But not because they're religious. I just think the Bible has some really good names.

I know most of the names in the Bible are translated anyways and not really the actual names of the people who wrote it :P

escobert
07-08-2014, 02:24 PM
I was always intended to be a Bob.

Shauna
07-09-2014, 10:28 AM
I think my Spanish family were trying to pressure my Mum into calling me Carmen. For continuing the family name tradition reasons.

Mum went "lolno" and called me Shauna instead. So I guess I didn't have any other names, really.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-09-2014, 05:32 PM
They should have combined Shauna and Carmen to make you "Shaumen."

Then you could have awesome druid powers or something.

Shauna
07-09-2014, 05:56 PM
What's to say I don't?

Madame Adequate
07-09-2014, 06:05 PM
I was actually supposed to be a girl, so until that was suddenly proven false my name was going to be Catherine Elizabeth - I don't know if I was going to be a Walsh or an Opik, though the former clearly works much better with those names. That is much better than what I ended up with and I may well never have changed it if I'd been called that.

Sephiroth
07-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Mine was Kerstin. And I don't even look like one.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-09-2014, 08:20 PM
What's to say I don't?

Well, I have a human skull, some pine needles, and a moss from the north side of a rock. Can you make it rain with all that?

Pike
07-24-2014, 11:33 AM
I was actually supposed to be a girl, so until that was suddenly proven false my name was going to be Catherine Elizabeth - I don't know if I was going to be a Walsh or an Opik, though the former clearly works much better with those names. That is much better than what I ended up with and I may well never have changed it if I'd been called that.

But on the other hand, now you are Huxley V. Hobbes. QED.

Pheesh
07-24-2014, 11:44 AM
It was going to be Josephine if I was a girl. That's why my middle name ended up being Joseph.

MissH
07-27-2014, 09:29 AM
My Mum's French and wanted to name me Pascal if I was a boy :eep: She was also keen on the name Auriel for a girl, but my Dad said with some English accents, it'd sound like 'orrible'. Haha. So they settled for a french/English name- Sophie :-)