PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite kind of bread?

KentaRawr!
07-08-2014, 12:53 AM
I like wheat bread.

Pike
07-08-2014, 01:03 AM
:stare:

I have to eat gluten free bread.

Goodbye cruel world.

Alive-Cat
07-08-2014, 01:03 AM
Brown with lots of seeds!

Christmas
07-08-2014, 01:26 AM
Cream! Lots of cream! I love creamy stuff. :chocobo:

Madame Adequate
07-08-2014, 01:29 AM
As white as I am.

Colonel Angus
07-08-2014, 01:54 AM
Rye, w/ Caraway Seeds.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-08-2014, 02:03 AM
Home made white bread.

Mmmmm. Delicious.

Ayen
07-08-2014, 02:15 AM
White bread. It's the only bread I know.

Shorty
07-08-2014, 02:36 AM
Homemade wheat bread.

I don't eat white bread. It tastes like cardboard. (inb4 "how do you know what cardboard tastes like lol" you're a liar if you say you don't know what cardboard tastes like

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-08-2014, 02:50 AM
Homemade wheat bread.

I don't eat white bread. It tastes like cardboard. (inb4 "how do you know what cardboard tastes like lol" you're a liar if you say you don't know what cardboard tastes like

Domino's Pizza.

Depression Moon
07-08-2014, 03:23 AM
Monkey, Corn, and Pumpkin.

Colonel Angus
07-08-2014, 03:26 AM
Homemade wheat bread.

I feel the opposite.

Clo
07-08-2014, 03:40 AM
Honey Wheat, aka, Crack

Pike
07-08-2014, 10:23 AM
I hate this thread.

:irked:

Miss Mae
07-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Cheese and herb. :3:

Shorty
07-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Oh my god guys banana bread

BANANA BREAD

KentaRawr!
07-08-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm not a big fan of banana bread, but it's definitely a good way to make use of past-due bananas!

blackmage_nuke
07-08-2014, 04:32 PM
I like anything packed with gluten dipped in anything full of lactose

escobert
07-08-2014, 07:00 PM
Potato bread is best!

noxious.sunshine
07-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Sweetbreads.

escobert
07-08-2014, 10:08 PM
Sweetbreads.

my second favorite!

Shiny
07-08-2014, 11:01 PM
Corn bread with my soul food and lots of juice because it makes my mouth dry. Orrr, banana bread. Orrr, that multi-grain brown bread.

noxious.sunshine
07-09-2014, 12:18 AM
Sweetbreads.

my second favorite!

..... You do realize what I was talking about right? xDD

escobert
07-09-2014, 12:41 AM
Sweetbreads.

my second favorite!

..... You do realize what I was talking about right? xDD

58059?

Sephex
07-09-2014, 01:37 AM
I like wheat bread.

This is my favorite, too. Is there a particular kind of brand that you like or do you just like the type across the board?

:stare:

I have to eat gluten free bread.

Goodbye cruel world.

Two of my friend's significant others have that problem, and I feel for them. I would probably die if I couldn't eat gluten. Or lose a lot of weight. But yeah, that sucks.

Brown with lots of seeds!

I can only stand so much texture in bread. I can't explain why, but it grosses me out. It's weird. If any sort of thing that causes "bumps" on the bread comes with the bread, I can't stand it. But if I put something on there myself I don't mind.

Cream! Lots of cream! I love creamy stuff. :chocobo:

*resists temptation to make inappropriate joke* I think I'm the only person in the world that hates cream cheese. I know you didn't say that specifically, but your response reminds me of that.

As white as I am.

I used to eat the bread of my people when I was a kid all the time. Now white bread is just too plain for me. Most breads that are white brand just taste...off now.

Rye, w/ Caraway Seeds.

This is another bread that I have come to love as I got older. My mom used to get rye bread that tasted awesome when it was toasted. I think I might have to track down that brand, myself...

Home made white bread.

Mmmmm. Delicious.

Probably the only way white bread will taste good to me now. Now that I am thinking about white bread again, I think Subway bread is what made me start disliking white bread. This was sometime in 2006. The day was cloudy. My stomach was, too. Because of white bread.

White bread. It's the only bread I know.

You gotta expand your horizons, man! A relative of my mother's used to say this: The whiter the bread, the quicker your dead! Man, my kid self would be mad at all my anti-white bread talk, here.

Homemade wheat bread.

Well, my problem with white bread isn't that it tastes so much like cardboard, but I think as time goes on most brands just use manufacturing techniques that focus on speed rather than taste.

Send me your homemade wheat bread. You know my address because I won that poster.

Homemade wheat bread.

Domino's Pizza.

I am the only person that likes Domino's. Don't get me wrong, it isn't even close to my top pizza. There are a bunch of local pizza joints that I love a lot more (hello Chicagoland area). But as far as chain pizza places go? I guess a guilty pleasure of mine is their pan pizza. I know, I am weird.

Monkey, Corn, and Pumpkin.

In the words of Chris Rock: "Corn bread. Ain't nothing wrong with that!"

Homemade wheat bread.

I feel the opposite.

Well to be fair cheap wheat bread does taste pretty bad. You drop more money at the grocery store, but well prepared wheat bread, even if it is widely distributed, tastes great. Again, it took me years to get into wheat bread. Give a better quality wheat bread an honest go!

Honey Wheat, aka, Crack

Yes. This is a good twist on wheat bread. I am a huge fan of honey, though. I am that weirdo that likes to dip chicken nuggets in honey. I know that isn't the same type of honey we are talking about, but still.

I hate this thread.

:irked:

:( Again, I am sorry to hear about the gluten problem you have. But I think a better response would have been, "I hate this thbread."

Cheese and herb. :3:

I like my cheese on my bread. I should give this a shot one day. It sounds good!

Oh my god guys banana bread

BANANA BREAD

Hit or miss for me. Some people go nuts with the banana flavor. I just can't take too much of that taste.

I'm not a big fan of banana bread, but it's definitely a good way to make use of past-due bananas!

Case in point. No bad bananas! Yuk!

I like anything packed with gluten dipped in anything full of lactose

You have killed a couple of people by typing this sentence.

Potato bread is best!

Man. Another one I need to try. If it is how I am picturing the bread, it sounds good!

Sweetbreads.

Sweetbreads.

my second favorite!

There is a restaurant close to my area that serves bread like this on the side. It is very good and a wonderful hold over until your order comes through.

Corn bread with my soul food and lots of juice because it makes my mouth dry. Orrr, banana bread. Orrr, that multi-grain brown bread.

As a kid, the multi-grain stuff used to be my mortal enemy. Now I love it (as long as there isn't an odd texture, as mentioned earlier).

Bread is wonderful. I am glad I had this discussion with everyone.

noxious.sunshine
07-09-2014, 03:43 AM
Nope. Not that sweetbread at all.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetbread

escobert
07-09-2014, 04:37 AM
that's meat not a bread! :mad2:

Night Fury
07-09-2014, 07:01 AM
I love bread, but I appreciate it is quite bad for me. I seem to gain weight from carbs like this.

I do enjoy sourdough though, lightly toasted with some olive oil and balsamic dip. Just really simple, but really good too.

I enjoy making bread also, in fact I used to make a really nice sweet loaf with dried fruits and cinnamon. Yummy!

Miss Mae
07-09-2014, 07:14 AM
I love bread, but I appreciate it is quite bad for me. I seem to gain weight from carbs like this.

I do enjoy sourdough though, lightly toasted with some olive oil and balsamic dip. Just really simple, but really good too.

I enjoy making bread also, in fact I used to make a really nice sweet loaf with dried fruits and cinnamon. Yummy!
I made a sweet loaf with stewed plums once (they were getting a bit soft, so I put the flesh in a saucepan with some honey and made a syrump out of it). So tasty.

Pheesh
07-09-2014, 07:17 AM

I have made her so Italian since she moved in.

Araciel
07-09-2014, 07:30 AM
raisin bread
banana bread with no fucking nuts
french crusty loaf

good ol' rye with no seeds.

noxious.sunshine
07-09-2014, 02:04 PM

XD That's what it's called though lmao

Just like there's also head cheese, but it's not cheese.

magemasher
07-09-2014, 02:10 PM
Sourdough or organic malt bread (45p a loaf after 9pm:))

escobert
07-09-2014, 02:21 PM

XD That's what it's called though lmao

Just like there's also head cheese, but it's not cheese.

But this is abut real bread! sillly!

noxious.sunshine
07-09-2014, 03:10 PM
hehehehehehehe

Aight in all seriousness , I love a good focaccia. And pan dulce.. Yes sweet bread. Mexican sweet bread. I like the kinds that are filled with lightly sweetened cream cheese. The kinds with just the colorful tops tend to be really dry, but I love looking through panaderķas and seeing all the different types.

Otherwise, I like whole grain bread for regular sandwiches, whole grain bolillo (it's kinda football shaped) if I'm making tortas, hero/torpedo bread if I'm doing roast beef sammies..

I do like the King 's Hawaiian bread bowls for hot dips & soups.. So yummy .. And Irish soda bread minus the raisins. And one time, my sister and I found a Sun dried tomato bread mix for our bread machine... Was soooo yummy.

Also, my mom's yeast rolls. I miss them. I tried to make a batch on thanksgiving, but they turned out really dry.

escobert
07-09-2014, 04:21 PM
Yeah I miss my grams rolls. someone tries to remake them every year for Thanksgiving but always comes up short. Same recipe and everything. even tried with her old oven one year and still just wasn't the same. She made them perfect and she would always say how horrible they turned out.

Skyblade
07-09-2014, 06:07 PM
Favorite? As though there can actually be one best type? I like almost all bread.

Not a fan of sourdough, but that's about it.

Dr Unne
07-09-2014, 10:21 PM
Well played, Sephex.