PDA

View Full Version : Can you pass a U.S. Citizenship Test?

Colonel Angus
07-08-2014, 03:23 AM
http://www.playbuzz.com/wrtvdigital10/can-you-pass-a-u-s-citizenship-test

I thought this would be an interesting quiz to post here. I'd like to see what you guys would get on something like this.

Pumpkin
07-08-2014, 03:28 AM
Probably not, so I don't think I'll try xD

Pumpkin
07-08-2014, 03:38 AM
I got 37

Some because I'm Canadian and some because I passed grade 3 and know where the Pacific and Atlantic oceans are

escobert
07-08-2014, 03:41 AM
48/50. I thought James Madison had something to do with the articles of Federation but second guessed myself :( and I said secretary of state would be president after vice and pres died not the speaker.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-08-2014, 03:41 AM
I saw this a little while ago. Who knows how accurate it is to the actual test, but I got 44/45. Which probably isn't that great. I should know all of it.

I got 8/10 for the "British Citizenship" test.

I have no idea what any of that means.

Clo
07-08-2014, 03:46 AM
Whoa. Way too many questions. I guess "ok"

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-08-2014, 03:52 AM
10 questions in and I got more wrong than not. I see the rest of the test going this way as well.

Guess I gotta leave the country.

Raistlin
07-08-2014, 03:59 AM
50/50. I focused on early US history in college, so I definitely have an advantage there.

48/50. I thought James Madison had something to do with the articles of Federation but second guessed myself :( and I said secretary of state would be president after vice and pres died not the speaker.

I think you mean the Federalist Papers, not the Articles of Confederation.

Colonel Angus
07-08-2014, 04:03 AM
I had a 49/50. Missed the same one as escobert.

Fonzie
07-08-2014, 04:14 AM
I got a 49/50. Missed the one about never pledging allegiance to another country besides the US. Otherwise, this was very simple. :p

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-08-2014, 04:21 AM
I don't have to.

Calliope
07-08-2014, 04:29 AM
42/50, and I only knew some of the answers from watching The Simpsons. I've been thinking a lot lately about potentially applying for US Citizenship.

fire_of_avalon
07-08-2014, 05:11 AM
50/50. Because Murica. Actually because I have always liked history and trivia.

blackmage_nuke
07-08-2014, 05:32 AM
38/50.

Take away my healthcare and give me my gun now please

Ayen
07-08-2014, 05:35 AM
39/50 and that's only because I didn't go with my gut on a couple of them, know jack all about women's history, and misread one.

Shiny
07-08-2014, 05:41 AM
I got to 18 and I had to stop. It's boring as fuck. I got all of them right so far and U.S. History was extremely easy so I'm just going to say yes.

Colonel Angus
07-08-2014, 05:43 AM
I got to 18 and I had to stop. It's boring as smurf. I got all of them right so far and U.S. History was extremely easy so I'm just going to say yes.
18/50, Miss Shiny. We'll see you in Civics 101 again next semester.

Shiny
07-08-2014, 05:51 AM
Que? *hops the border*

Sephex
07-08-2014, 05:57 AM
44/50. I misread one question and I misclicked another question, however.

Christmas
07-08-2014, 10:28 AM
I failed!!! YAY!!! :kaoclove:

Psychotic
07-08-2014, 10:54 AM
44! I'm in! Abortions for some, small American flags for others!

Carl the Llama
07-08-2014, 11:47 AM
I got 34... but its ok, I like living in a country where things like this are not true:

http://i.imgur.com/flQOwqr.jpg

Costs way to much to be a member of your country, if I broke a hip in my country I can get it replaced for free.

As someone who has to go to dialysis treatment 3 times a week I cant understate how grateful I am to live in a country with free health service.

escobert
07-08-2014, 02:44 PM
But obamacare made it all affordable!

Shorty
07-08-2014, 02:49 PM
I'm not taking this test because I don't give a shit. I'm leaving the country anyway and can't be bothered with its history. :jess:

Calliope
07-08-2014, 02:54 PM
That's the spirit!

Pike
07-08-2014, 03:04 PM
I took this yesterday and got 48/50. I am ashamed to be such a casual. I also took the Britbong version and got 100% somehow. They should give me a visa! ... Right? Guys? :(

Tavrobel
07-08-2014, 04:27 PM
47/50. Misclicked #4, misread #44, and derped out on #22. I'm a comrade scrub. I should go back to where I came from.

Carl the Llama
07-08-2014, 04:53 PM
But obamacare made it all affordable!

But the NHS is FREE.

DMKA
07-08-2014, 05:11 PM
45/50. All of the 5 I got wrong I knew the answer to at some point, I had just forgotten because it's been so long since the last time I was in a history/civics class. :p

Mo-Nercy
07-08-2014, 05:25 PM
36/50.

I found a random Australian Citizenship test online and got 100% on that, so I guess I'll just stay right here.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-08-2014, 07:57 PM
44/50

Guess I did alright. To be fair, I remembered a few of the ones I had wrong when I did the first few questions the other day.

Arc_Master_14
07-08-2014, 09:09 PM
45/50, But I am a history major with an emphasis in American history, so that helped on a few. I do see how people could not know some of those things because it is pretty specific. and i did get a few wrong because I didn't read through the whole question. (Like hitting A, when it should have been All of the above.)

noxious.sunshine
07-08-2014, 09:23 PM
38/50, but idc cuz I have family that served in the U.S. Army so I'm exempt.

Also, the question about "Giving up loyalty to all other coubtries" is kind of BS considering a person is allowed to have dual citizenship on the U.S. side of things. I mean, I guess if it were a time of war and you're forced into it, then yeah, legally, you're required to support th U.S., but idk..

Shorty
07-08-2014, 09:24 PM
What does being exempt have to do with your score? xD

noxious.sunshine
07-08-2014, 09:41 PM
lmao IDK.

Shiny
07-08-2014, 09:55 PM
I'm not taking this test because I don't give a shit. I'm leaving the country anyway and can't be bothered with its history. :jess:

Then can you pass this http://esamedicittadinanza.com/#mtouchquiz_view-anchor-1

Colonel Angus
07-08-2014, 10:29 PM
I'm not taking this test because I don't give a trout. I'm leaving the country anyway and can't be bothered with its history. :jess:
Wherever you plan on living will be part of the U.S. by the time Jenna Bush becomes President, so I wouldn't forget too much, comrade.

Shorty
07-08-2014, 10:34 PM
hahahahahahahaha

Mirage
07-08-2014, 10:54 PM
36/50. I missed a lot of finer details on which part of the government is in charge of what and stuff. I'm sure I would have aced this test if I was actually planning on immigrating.

All in all, I found it to be a pretty easy test. I can't imagine anyone failing it. I guess it's more to make people actually learn about the country you're moving to, and they don't actually expect people to fail, even though I am sure some do. Anyone who gives half a shit about the country would pass this test.

Colonel Angus
07-08-2014, 11:13 PM
Keep in mind, before anyone can take the U.S. Citizenship test, they'd have to reside in the country for some time. Most often, they're already "Permanent Residents".

It's not like Italy, who'll take anyone. :p

Pumpkin
07-09-2014, 03:25 AM
Keep in mind, before anyone can take the U.S. Citizenship test, they'd have to reside in the country for some time. Most often, they're already "Permanent Residents".

I have to live here for 5 years (3 now I guess) to apply for citizenship from my permanent residency.

I'm not going to do that though because really. I'm Canadian, its basically American but with health care

Colonel Angus
07-09-2014, 03:44 AM

I have to live here for 5 years (3 now I guess) to apply for citizenship from my permanent residency.

I'm not going to do that though because really. I'm Canadian, its basically American but with health care
You can get dual citizenship.

Pumpkin
07-09-2014, 03:44 AM
Still no :P

Sephex
07-09-2014, 03:50 AM
I'm not taking this test because I don't give a trout. I'm leaving the country anyway and can't be bothered with its history. :jess:
Wherever you plan on living will be part of the U.S. by the time Jenna Bush becomes President, so I wouldn't forget too much, comrade.

hahahahahahahaha

This is the campaign slogan she uses to win, actually.

Madame Adequate
07-18-2014, 11:03 PM

But US history is awesome :confused: ALL history is awesome! I doubt I'll ever go within a thousand miles of China, but you better believe I love learning about Chinese history.

Also you might be leaving America but joke's on you, because America is the most important country in the world and will still have plenty of influence over your life in Europe. :smug: So understanding how and why that is requires knowledge of American History. :greenie:

PS: Revolution, Civil War, Antebellum, Gilded Age, the drive West, the transcontinent railroads, the Roaring Twenties, World War 2, the Cold War, how can you not give a shit it's so awesome what is wrong with you

Madame Adequate
07-18-2014, 11:10 PM
PS 48/50 SUCK IT NERDS

stupid madison always ruining everything for me

Alive-Cat
07-19-2014, 10:39 AM
I doubt I can, I have never been there!

Rantz
07-19-2014, 12:00 PM
42/50. Watching House of Cards recently helped.

Christmas
07-19-2014, 12:24 PM

But US history is awesome :confused: ALL history is awesome! I doubt I'll ever go within a thousand miles of China, but you better believe I love learning about Chinese history.

Pop quiz! No google and whatnot! Your integrity and dignity is on it! :bigsmile:

Who is the first Emperor of the Han Dynasty? :bigsmile:

What is the name of the first dynasty of china? :bigsmile:

Mo-Nercy
07-19-2014, 01:24 PM
Pop quiz! No google and whatnot! Your integrity and dignity is on it! :bigsmile:

Liu Bang?

Ancient Zhou?

I think so anyway.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-19-2014, 06:42 PM
Mo-Nercy for the steal? We'll see.

Christmas
07-19-2014, 06:51 PM

Liu Bang?

Ancient Zhou?

I think so anyway.

No revelation before Milf or Mister Aqua something answers. :bigsmile:

Shorty
07-19-2014, 06:52 PM

Also you might be leaving America but joke's on you, because America is the most important country in the world and will still have plenty of influence over your life in Europe. :smug: So understanding how and why that is requires knowledge of American History. :greenie:

PS: Revolution, Civil War, Antebellum, Gilded Age, the drive West, the transcontinent railroads, the Roaring Twenties, World War 2, the Cold War, how can you not give a shit it's so awesome what is wrong with you

I guess I just prefer my history elsewhere. :greenie: You're right, though, I'm too stupid to understand why my own country might hold the highest influence to the rest of the world so thanks for trying to educate me because man I was lost!

Madame Adequate
07-19-2014, 07:10 PM

Emperor Gao.

Mythically, the first were the Five Emperors. The first one actually attested by other sources is the... well trout, I think it was the Shang Dynasty? Or Xia? One of those was first but I can't remember which! :p e; After this post I looked at Mo-Nercy's and I'm pretty sure he's right, it was the Zhou Dynasty.

Sarah I didn't say you were stupid! Where are you even getting that from? I think it's a shame to not be interested in some awesome history and dismiss it because you happen to be leaving the place in question, that's all.

Iceglow
07-19-2014, 07:12 PM
I scored a 41/50 without even trying to get the answers correct. I guess that means I can be a US citizen then, I'll get my flight to texas with my cowboy boots and like Paula can meet me with a shotgun when I get off the plane!

Colonel Angus
07-19-2014, 07:19 PM
I scored a 41/50 without even trying to get the answers correct. I guess that means I can be a US citizen then, I'll get my flight to texas with my cowboy boots and like Paula can meet me with a shotgun when I get off the plane!
Shotgun? Real Texans use Semi-Automatics.

Shorty
07-19-2014, 07:21 PM

Emperor Gao.

Mythically, the first were the Five Emperors. The first one actually attested by other sources is the... well trout, I think it was the Shang Dynasty? Or Xia? One of those was first but I can't remember which! :p e; After this post I looked at Mo-Nercy's and I'm pretty sure he's right, it was the Zhou Dynasty.

Sarah I didn't say you were stupid! Where are you even getting that from? I think it's a shame to not be interested in some awesome history and dismiss it because you happen to be leaving the place in question, that's all.

Perhaps I am dismissing it because I have never had an interest in the history of my own country and happen to find cultures other than my own more interesting! It's great that you find it interesting but I don't think it's necessary to smugly call me out for not sharing that interest :greenie:

Madame Adequate
07-19-2014, 07:30 PM
Actually it is entirely necessary because I am right about everything. :colbert:

e; Except, admittedly, matters relating to that fucker Madison. :argh:

Pumpkin
07-19-2014, 07:32 PM
Our house, in the middle of the street~

OUR HOUSE

I'm not sure how relevant but um... I think its an American song? Our house representing a unity between nations and my current residence in the U.S.?

I dunno this thread just made me think of that

Shorty
07-19-2014, 07:33 PM
Look, Huxley dear, you can suck up about US history all you like, they're still not going to give you a green card because it will clash horrendously with your brown nose.

Psychotic
07-19-2014, 07:43 PM
Look, Huxley dear, you can suck up about US history all you like, they're still not going to give you a green card because it will clash horrendously with your brown nose.http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/emot-damn_zps16992535.gif (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/photobucketamazingness/media/emot-damn_zps16992535.gif.html)

Del Murder
07-19-2014, 07:46 PM
Today I learned that if Obama and Biden got blowed up, we'd be stuck with Boehner.

Madame Adequate
07-19-2014, 07:52 PM
Harsh Sarah.

But well played. xD

e; As there's no prohibition on non-US people being anywhere in the line of succession except the Presidency itself (Actually I'm not sure about the Veep), I wonder how far down you'd have to go before people would say "Okay the person third in line is from Canada but the next surviving person is 153rd to the Presidency, so maybe we need to make the Canadian the President"?

Also, would there be any basis for calling a snap election if you went far enough down the chain or the successor was not of the elected President's party? I know Albert questioned whether it was appropriate for him, a Democrat, to take the post when Watergate was playing out because the public had elected a Republican.

Colonel Angus
07-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Our house, in the middle of the street~

OUR HOUSE

I'm not sure how relevant but um... I think its an American song? Our house representing a unity between nations and my current residence in the U.S.?

I dunno this thread just made me think of that
Bri'ish. The band is Madness from the UK.

Silent Warrior
07-19-2014, 08:40 PM
44/50 here. Am I just sooper smart/informed, or did they set the bar somewhat on the low side?

Yellow_Magic
07-19-2014, 10:51 PM
37/50. Is this actually anything like the US citizenship test, because the UK one (which I took) was much harder. Had to memorise dates and everything.

Christmas
07-20-2014, 05:37 AM

Emperor Gao.

Actually "Gao" is more of a title usually given to the founding emperors of a Dynasty. Liu Bang as mentioned by Nercy, is more accurate. :bigsmile:

It's Xia --> Shang --> Zhou --> Spring Autumns --> Warring --> Qin --> Contention between Han and Chu ---> Han ---> more on the list! :bigsmile:

We don't count the mythical emperors. Those are myths~~~

So I guess Mo Nercy knows his stuffs and as for you...

http://www.chanstickers.com/sites/default/files/muchtolearn.gif