PDA

View Full Version : Getting them seals

*Devore*
07-09-2014, 04:14 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to buy a room in the FC or the Frontline PvP but unfortunately you need to be a second lieutenant first, which I am nowhere near.

Is there a easy/efficient way of getting a lot of seals or is it just a huge grind no matter what?

Elpizo
07-09-2014, 08:14 PM
If you have lvl 50 crafters you can make a lot of seals quick by turning in HQ items for the daily provisioning and supply missions. Guildhests are also a nice source of quick gil and seals, and of course, there are always FATEs.

*Devore*
07-09-2014, 11:50 PM
Im no crafter unfortunately, sir. I think my highest is like lvl 5.

If I committed a day to either Guildhests or FATES, do you know which would produce the most seals? Cause I'm sure the latter is quicker to do but the former provides more seals.

o_O
07-10-2014, 06:15 AM
I'd say it's best to combine your seal-earning with other things.

- Roll on drops from dungeons while you do your roulettes. i70 gear will net you ~800 seals and i80 drops from the new dungeons will net ~900.
- Earn seals while doing FATEs and grinding atmas for your atma or alexandrite for your novus.
- Do guildhests while farming commendations for your gold magitek or going for the guildhest achievement.
- FATEs are good ways to grind out enemies for your paragon's gown (reward for 3000 FATE achievement) and butcher's crown (reward for 100,000 kills achievement).
- Level your crafts and turn stuff in when you can, for supply missions at your GC.

Loony BoB
07-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Didn't Yoshi-P just make a letter going on about how Hunts are a great way of earning seals?

EDIT: Here we go - http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/178148-Letter-from-the-Producer-LVII-(07-07-2014)?p=2242343#post2242343

Hopefully it will add a little fun out of completing the Hunts at the same time.

Aulayna
07-11-2014, 12:05 AM
The issue with Hunts right now is that people are treating them the same way FATEs were treated at the start, and are just getting zerged down. :(

Turning gear in for seals, doing your daily lowbie/guildhest and doing fates is the fastest way right now. Especially if you join a FATE grinding party on a low level, you can level a job up and earn seals at the same time. :)