PDA

View Full Version : Why have none of you nerds made a single Wolf Among Us thread yet?

Shorty
07-10-2014, 02:15 AM
I've just downloaded episode five! Eeeeeeeee!!

Talk about this game and how great it is. Refer to my set for who the most badass character is.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-10-2014, 02:27 AM
I didn't make a thread because I haven't played it yet :(

Shorty
07-10-2014, 03:41 AM
Wow, okay. Jesus.

What an awesome smurfing episode. I made a couple of mistakes that led me to chasing Georgie and Vivian even though my instinct was to go after The Crooked Man, but I'm ultimately glad I went with Georgie.

Pretty disappointed at the Big by vs. Bloody Mary fight :mad2: The huffing and puffing was a total copout! It was pretty neat to see Bigby turn into a giant wolf though.

At The Crooked Man's trial, I actually started to feel a little sorry for him. He just seemed like this frail old bastard. Near the end, he started to make some pretty convincing arguments for his case, but Nerissa showed up to save everything. I ended up imprisoning him because I felt that was the just thing to do. Ultimately, throughout the game I tried to position Bigby in a way he should act as a public figure instead of responding in an emotionally compromised capacity.

The ending had me do a right double-take, though. "wait, what?!" literally went through my head and I raced for my phone to look up ending theories.

There are some pretty interesting ones out there, including a theory that claims Nerissa is actually Faith wearing glamour, and that Nerissa was ultimately killed and Nerissa delivered her head wearing Faith's glamour to Bigby's door.

Another theory is that Nerissa disguised herself as Faith in the first place when she and Bigby first spoke. The line of, "Do you like it?" referring to her ribbon says to me that one of them was pretending to be the other at one point in time. I think the second theory makes the most sense to me, though I don't know why she would be glamoured to look like Faith in the first place. Except wouldn't it be more of a shock if it's actually Faith since she's been believed to be dead all this time?

Here is the TTG thread I've been reading about theories - https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/75110/the-wolf-among-us-episode-5-ending-did-y-all-just-forget-this-part

What a great twist ending, though. It was so great how it was revealed just seconds before the end.

Let's hope for a season two!

Scotty_ffgamer
07-10-2014, 05:44 AM
So I just went ahead and bought the game. Don't know when I'll have time to play, but I'll try to do so soon and participate in the thread :D

Rantz
07-10-2014, 06:38 AM
I was hoping for a little more pow from the last episode, honestly. It felt a bit slow paced and didn't seem to reach any crescendo. But overall I thoroughly enjoyed the whole game.

Given what information we have, I think the most likely theory is that we never actually met Faith in the game but that Nerissa went to the Woodsman glamoured as Faith in the beginning, as part of her plan to get Bigby on the case. This still seems odd, but it makes more sense than Faith being alive and glamoured as Nerissa. Given that Georgie seemed pretty confident that it was Faith he killed, and that Nerissa was also in the room when it happened, that would mean they had to be glamoured as each other at the time, which I can see no reason for at all.

But there's always the possibility that they'll add on to the story in a Season 2, in which case anything is possible. Or that the writers didn't really think things through that thoroughly. :)

Madame Adequate
07-10-2014, 06:38 AM
Although I loved the final episode, I actually thought it was the weakest of the five.

Okay so the last fight with Mary was goofy as hell and I was really expecting something a lot more like the very first fight in the game with the Woodsman, brutal and vicious and stuff. It felt like a very ignominious send-off for her and finally transforming into the Big Bad Wolf didn't feel nearly as awesome and empowering as it should. But it was still fun and I was pleased to rek her.

My main issue with this episode was the trial. First of all, nobody should have had much reason to be swayed by the Crooked Man's arguments because everyone knows he's a lying, manipulative trout. But okay, I can accept that because the whole conceit of the trial is trying to sway everyone. More importantly, the whole trial was just about Faith and Lily. Now yes, that's what Bigby and the player cared most about, but here is how things should have gone down:

Crooked Man: Do you have any evidence at all for what you are saying, Bigby? Will you condemn me because of the words of one man? Or can you produce even one shred of evidence that I ordered their deaths?
Bigby: Okay, fine. If my testimony isn't enough for Lily and Faith, let's turn things over to Mr. Butcher?
Butcher: Well the Crooked Man's henchmen muscled their way into controlling my store, enslaved Fables in the back room to make cheap knockoff magic, and threatened me with death if I didn't help protect them.
Bigby: We can go to the Butcher's shop right this minute and examine the manacles the slaves were held in, the various illicit ingredients, and a buttload of boxes with the Crooked Man's sigil on them. So unless we're going to suggest this whole thing is actually the Butcher's doing, all in favor of throwing the Crooked Man down the well because he's literally enslaved people?

The trial was way too focused on the girls and overlooked a huge array of other potential ways to condemn the Crooked Man, and there were so many things Bigby should have been able to say that he couldn't.

Finally, I personally felt the stinger at the end was pretty contrived and didn't really add anything to the game, it really felt a lot more like "Heh there's something you didn't know :smug:".

All that said I still absolutely loved this game and I hope we get a season 2 as well, though it doesn't look very likely from what I've heard :(

Shorty
07-10-2014, 06:49 AM
I was hoping for a little more pow from the last episode, honestly. It felt a bit slow paced and didn't seem to reach any crescendo. But overall I thoroughly enjoyed the whole game.

Given what information we have, I think the most likely theory is that we never actually met Faith in the game but that Nerissa went to the Woodsman glamoured as Faith in the beginning, as part of her plan to get Bigby on the case. This still seems odd, but it makes more sense than Faith being alive and glamoured as Nerissa. Given that Georgie seemed pretty confident that it was Faith he killed, and that Nerissa was also in the room when it happened, that would mean they had to be glamoured as each other at the time, which I can see no reason for at all.

But there's always the possibility that they'll add on to the story in a Season 2, in which case anything is possible. Or that the writers didn't really think things through that thoroughly. :)

These are good points, but I think there is mention around that the girls cover each others shifts. It's possible Faith and Nerissa could have switched shifts and glamoured one another and Georgie happened to kill the one appearing as Faith at the time.

I just feel like Nerissa entered into the story way too late for us to care about all of these lengths she's gone through to cover something up. There are also points that Faith's actual fairytale involves her disguising herself to literally save her skin, and in the flashbacks Bigby is having right before the episode ends, he hears Bufkin make a reference to Faith's Fable. I think this has a meaning.

Edit: also these are some points that convince me more of it being Faith glamoured the whole time:

I believe that it was really Faith in the beginning, it was shown that girls would take each others shifts and Nerissa and Faith probably glamoured themselves to look like the other (Nerissa might have been doing Faiths shift, since Faith was doing Lily's) and have been glamoured that way when Georgie kills "Faith", which was actually Nerissa. Faith uses the situation to stay glamoured and escape punishment and sends Nerissas head to Bigby.

It was established that Faith was the one who was covering for Lily and has gone to Woodsman.

MIrror couldn't see Faith, saying "these lips are sealed", probably due to the fact that it was Nerissa who was dead and either the ribbon that Faith wore or the fact that she was glamoured as Nerissa prevented it from seeing her. Anyway he should be able to show dead Faith, but that is what we would see if we asked to see Nerissa instead as it was her.

Doctor Swineheart needs more time with the body of "Faith" that we never get to see. That indicates there is something wrong with "Faiths" body, whether Swineheart figures it out and decides to play coy or is simply puzzled and haven't figured it out yet I don't know...

"Nerissa" reacts to Bigby in episode 2. (while dancing to Georgie) in a interesting way, as if she recognizes him and wants to tell him something.

At the end the line "She would hide her true beauty so she could escape his Kingdom" told earlier by Bufkin reffers to Faith and her story as a fable, if it wasn't her, there's no reason for that particular line in the final scene.

If Nerissa took the beating from Woodsman she would probably still have her bruises on when returning to her real form, while Faith being glamoured afterward as Nerissa would probably negate the bruises. (by the way thing with the bruises on the severed head is wrong either way as it is the girl who is still alive who took beating, whether it is Faith or Nerissa, so it must be a plot hole or the bruises were later made by Faith/Nerissa to match the other face).

I admit that timeline works somewhat better if Faith was killed before the beginning of episode 1 and it was Nerissa posing as her, but many other things work much better if it was actually Faith all along glamoured to look like Nerissa and the game practically spells it out. Some things either way remain hanging loose, but it is due to the fact that the twist was obviously forced into the game. There are probably plot holes.

Not trying to discount the theory you are leaning toward! I just think this one shows some strong points.

Rantz
07-10-2014, 07:46 AM
That's true, and I'm sure plot holes account for many things that seem weird about whichever theory is right.

Another thing I'm curious about is the photo on the billboard where Faith seems to be angry at Nerissa. I haven't seen any theories about what that is about. Nerissa going to Georgie with that photo of Crane, perhaps?

Psychotic
07-10-2014, 08:13 AM
Refer to my set for who the most badass character is.Uh, no. Bigby smurfing Wolf. End of.

Crooked Man wasn't really as impressive as I'd hoped. He was just kinda... eh. Could've been a bit more forceful. Georgie made more of an impression on me.

Twist ending was a little weird. She's Faith... and what? Felt like something was missing. I'd completely forgotten about Narissa's existence until she showed up at the trial. Just didn't feel like that big of a deal.

Overall what a smurfing fantastic game - I definitely think I prefer it to TWD.

Also I'm sorry but with Toad's son TJ I can't help but think it's Clementine in a frog suit xD

Shiny
07-10-2014, 08:24 AM
At first I felt that I was having déjà vu at what she was saying and then I realized no I had heard it before and then the repetition that then followed is what sealed the deal. What the flying hell. I almost feel bad now for throwing him down the witching well now instead of imprisoning him but I don't like people who enslave others.

I'm on my mobile so mark my spoilers for me plz kthanx

im editing your post from mine you lazy so and so! :p

Also this game needs to give me more choices. I had more if a reasoning in why I sent Toad and TJ to the farm and not Colin. For starters Colin is not wearing human clothes as an animal and walking on two feet.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-10-2014, 08:25 AM
Refer to my set for who the most badass character is.

Oh really :smug:

I need season 2! Rose Red being the character from the comics I'd most like to see.

For people who want more, I'd definitely recommend you check out the comics. Aside from all the new storylines, you pick up on small details as well. For example, the reason Bigby smokes so much is because it helps to dull his wolf senses that are otherwise annoying.

I really like the book of fables entry on Bigby's mother, even though I can't recall where I would have unlocked it:

Bigby's mother, Winter, fell in love with the North Wind and bore him seven wolf cubs. But he quickly grew tired of her and left Winter. Heartbroken and alone, she tried to care for her cubs despite her grief. She was especially fond of Bigby, but as the runt of the litter he was often teased by his older brothers. After Winter's death, Bigby's siblings went in search of their father, but Bigby stayed behind to protect his mother's corpse from scavengers. Unfortunately, he was too small to defend her. From then on he vowed to eat something bigger each day until he was large enough to confront his father and finally make him pay for the pain he caused his family.

Shiny
07-10-2014, 08:30 AM
Fables is a very boring comic to me but I read all of the above on the wikia page and the past about Snow White getting brutally raped. That's all the backstory I need.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-10-2014, 08:40 AM
Would anyone else like to join Shiny at The Farm? :p

Knowing what I know now, I'm interested in playing through all 5 chapters and making decisions that will help my case in the long run.

Slothy
07-10-2014, 02:08 PM
I haven't played it yet because I was waiting for a chance to start it with the wife since we both loved The Walking Dead. Hope to get to it soon, especially since all the episodes are out now.

Shauna
07-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Wow, okay. Jesus.

What an awesome smurfing episode. I made a couple of mistakes that led me to chasing Georgie and Vivian even though my instinct was to go after The Crooked Man, but I'm ultimately glad I went with Georgie.

Pretty disappointed at the Big by vs. Bloody Mary fight :mad2: The huffing and puffing was a total copout! It was pretty neat to see Bigby turn into a giant wolf though.

At The Crooked Man's trial, I actually started to feel a little sorry for him. He just seemed like this frail old bastard. Near the end, he started to make some pretty convincing arguments for his case, but Nerissa showed up to save everything. I ended up imprisoning him because I felt that was the just thing to do. Ultimately, throughout the game I tried to position Bigby in a way he should act as a public figure instead of responding in an emotionally compromised capacity.

The ending had me do a right double-take, though. "wait, what?!" literally went through my head and I raced for my phone to look up ending theories.

There are some pretty interesting ones out there, including a theory that claims Nerissa is actually Faith wearing glamour, and that Nerissa was ultimately killed and Nerissa delivered her head wearing Faith's glamour to Bigby's door.

Another theory is that Nerissa disguised herself as Faith in the first place when she and Bigby first spoke. The line of, "Do you like it?" referring to her ribbon says to me that one of them was pretending to be the other at one point in time. I think the second theory makes the most sense to me, though I don't know why she would be glamoured to look like Faith in the first place. Except wouldn't it be more of a shock if it's actually Faith since she's been believed to be dead all this time?

Here is the TTG thread I've been reading about theories - https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/75110/the-wolf-among-us-episode-5-ending-did-y-all-just-forget-this-part

What a great twist ending, though. It was so great how it was revealed just seconds before the end.

Let's hope for a season two!

I played it all pretty much the same as you did in terms of choices. Some parts were disappointing, but certainly as a whole it was an enjoyable experience, and I look forward to playing it again some time to make some different choices! (And also get all the Fable stories I missed).

I had not thought of all the possibilities of what the ending scene meant. I am intrigued!

Freya
07-10-2014, 10:07 PM
Ahhh I want to play so bad!

Omg this was awesome.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-11-2014, 05:12 AM
Just finished the first chapter! The game is pretty great! I would say more but I've decided to try to not do much speculating and whatnot. I just want to let the game keep surprising me!

I will say that I was pretty shocked when I saw Faith's head outside the apartment. It made me pretty sad. Then at the end when I saw all the cops I just thought, 'Dammit, here we go again. Goodbye Snow White :('

Shorty
07-11-2014, 05:15 AM
It was a shocker, dude. I was legit upset.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-11-2014, 05:38 AM
Another interesting moment was when I was talking to The Woodsman in the bar, it gave me the option to "glass him." My immediate thought was of Andy Bernard from the office saying "Beer me" and I thought, "Sure, I'll get him a drink. He seems like he could use one." Then I smashed him in the head with the cup instead. I freaked out and accidentally shut off the game and had to redo the whole scene. It was funny though, haha.

Shorty
07-11-2014, 05:48 AM
Oh my god, haha, I totally left Woody out of the bar fight scene!

Scotty_ffgamer
07-11-2014, 05:51 AM
Well, I didn't glass him the second time. I was just trying to be nice to the guy. Who says "glass him" anyways? It was too vague of an option, haha.

Shorty
07-11-2014, 05:54 AM
Huh, I don't think I even got those options at all xD

Shauna
07-11-2014, 09:06 AM
Well, I didn't glass him the second time. I was just trying to be nice to the guy. Who says "glass him" anyways? It was too vague of an option, haha.

Nope, I knew exactly what glassing someone was. ._. What does this say about me?

Psychotic
07-11-2014, 09:49 AM
You're Glaswegian?

Rantz
07-11-2014, 11:55 AM
Little known fact: that's how Glasgow got its name.

Freya
07-11-2014, 01:24 PM
Scotty, I did the same thing. Even freaked out and shut it off cause that's not at all what I thought lol

Skyblade
07-11-2014, 01:58 PM
Little known fact: that's how Glasgow got its name.

Hence why "glassing him" resulted in such a traditional Scottish activity.

Freya
07-11-2014, 05:06 PM
I actually really enjoyed the Mary fight.

I chose to try to take both in, and then I imprisoned him. I've been playing it very morally and empatheticly. The one thing I got that was really different according to the last thing, I said "I tried to do some good" I guess others didn't say that to faith/narccissa whoever she actually is.

Madame Adequate
07-11-2014, 05:07 PM
It is bizarre to me that people would not know what glassing someone means.

Shorty
07-11-2014, 05:34 PM
I actually really enjoyed the Mary fight.

I chose to try to take both in, and then I imprisoned him. I've been playing it very morally and empatheticly. The one thing I got that was really different according to the last thing, I said "I tried to do some good" I guess others didn't say that to faith/narccissa whoever she actually is.

I love that you called her Narcissa. Awesome.

Shauna
07-11-2014, 05:41 PM

We live in a different world.

Shorty
07-11-2014, 05:41 PM

We live in a different world.

Translation: You nerds are barbarians.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-11-2014, 06:02 PM
I'm just a nice guy who doesn't like hurting people. "Glass him" just seems like a weird phrase to me in general, but in retrospect I felt it should have been obvious. It was more weird just because in the moments leading up to that, everyone was just talking calmly and it felt so out of place. It makes no sense for "glass him" to mean to buy him a drink either, but that was just how my half asleep brain interpreted it, haha.

Shorty
07-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Yeah, nerds, don't shame Scotty for not immediately jumping to violence at every given opportunity! :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Shauna
07-11-2014, 06:11 PM
I wasn't trying to shame anyone! Just genuinely surprised that two people in this thread were not aware what glassing someone would entail. Next you'll tell me that bottling someone gives you the impression of giving someone a hug or something.

...god i live in a violent place ;_;

Shorty
07-11-2014, 06:12 PM
I was totally joking <3

Freya
07-11-2014, 06:40 PM
Bottling someone, I don't even know what i'd think... that's not a phrase i've heard either.

I was thinking to give him a glass. Like when you're a a bar and say "hit me" for another shot. I was thinking "okay it's a bar, glass him" would mean give him a glass. I was horrified so I ran to my xbox and turned it off hoping it didn't save because i was playing a very nice Bigby.

I've never heard the phrase Glass him or Glassing someone before. haha

Scotty_ffgamer
07-11-2014, 07:05 PM
I somehow completely missed the last page of posts where you said you did the same thing, Freya. Glad I'm not alone.

Madame Adequate
07-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Americans are odd.

I glassed him because it was really funny enough though my Bigby was trying to mostly be a bro to Woody.

Shauna
07-11-2014, 09:18 PM
I didn't glass anyone - trying to keep things calm and not have fights everywhere. Tryin' to keep the peace!

Madame Adequate
07-11-2014, 09:29 PM
I didn't glass anyone - trying to keep things calm and not have fights everywhere. Tryin' to keep the peace!

Ahahahaha pull the other one

Shauna
07-11-2014, 09:30 PM
:colbert:

Scotty_ffgamer
07-12-2014, 05:09 AM
I finished episode 2 before work today. Some cool stuff there! I was glad to see Snow back, but I wish they had given more of those clues somewhere in the last episode. It doesn't matter much for me since I played them one after the other, but it would have been cool had I been waiting for season 2 to look at her body and be able to think "oh, the buttons are different" or whatever so that I could speculate more.

Ichabod Crane is gross.

Shorty
07-12-2014, 05:12 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't like clues? xD

Scotty_ffgamer
07-12-2014, 05:29 AM
I don't care that much, but I sometimes like trying to guess what's going to happen next if I have to wait long enough between books, movies, episodes, etc. It depends on my mood really.

Edit: I just like having things there that really aren't noticeable but that you can look back on after everything is said and done and notice the hints that were there, too.

Jess
07-13-2014, 08:32 PM
I want this game. I missed it in the latest steam sale and I refuse to pay full price for it yet. I'm still annoyed at myself. :colbert:

Scotty_ffgamer
07-18-2014, 05:59 AM
I just finished Episode 3! Things are getting intense! I am curious to see how my decisions in this episode will play out in the future episodes, if at all.