PDA

View Full Version : Lost everything!

BlueD
07-13-2014, 09:17 AM
So after having all the celestial weapons and doing max damage gameplay was getting boring so I decided to start a new game tonight... well I wasn't paying attention when I saved the new game and I saved over my main file :/ I just feel like thats 70 hours of my life completely wasted lol I just got the 200 lightining dodges too and most of my blitz team was 99. Irritating and life lesson learned today... always look over everything before saving a game!

Christmas
07-13-2014, 09:34 AM
You can get an emulator and download a save file...:shifty:

Psychotic
07-13-2014, 10:40 AM
I always have two or three saved files on RPGs just in case this sort of thing happens. Might be worth thinking about for future playthroughs?

Pike
07-13-2014, 11:39 AM
So after having all the celestial weapons and doing max damage gameplay was getting boring so I decided to start a new game tonight... well I wasn't paying attention when I saved the new game and I saved over my main file :/

I HATE WHEN THIS HAPPENS :crying:

Mirage
07-13-2014, 12:51 PM
ITT: scrubs who do not use at least 2, ideally 3-4 save files, always overwriting the oldest of them.

magemasher
07-13-2014, 01:10 PM
Unlucky man, my mate saved over a similar save on my mega drive game 15 years ago, I still hold the grudge:eep: I got my local team into the premier league ffs.

Mo-Nercy
07-13-2014, 02:37 PM
That sucks. The first save of a New Game should prompt a double 'confirm yes to overwrite'. xD

Happens to everyone at some point and if you're smart about it, multiple saves files and a bit of self-awareness will prevent anything like that happening again.

Jessweeee♪
07-13-2014, 02:56 PM
I always have two or three saved files on RPGs just in case this sort of thing happens. Might be worth thinking about for future playthroughs?

This exact thing happened to me with FFVIII and ever since then I save in a minimum of two slots :(

jodymcdougle
07-16-2014, 07:43 PM
this sort of thing tends to happen to the best of us unfortunately at some point or another. :(

sucks that this happened to you too.

Dat Matt
07-19-2014, 11:32 PM
ITT: scrubs who do not use at least 2, ideally 3-4 save files, always overwriting the oldest of them.

I'm making a new save file each time just now. They don't take up too much space and in the event of catastrphoic failure such as the recording fails we can restart it if need be.

Ergroilnin
07-19-2014, 11:47 PM
I never understood why people didn't keep alot of the save states on the card when given the possibility. I usuially have at the LEAST two saver per hour per game.