PDA

View Full Version : Water. Earth. Fire. Air.

Jinx
07-13-2014, 09:33 PM
What kind of bender would you like to be if you lived in the world of Avatar?

Alternatively, let's talk about Avatar and Korra.

Denmark and I have been watching through Avatar (this is his first time!) and really enjoying the heck out of it. I forgot how emotional this show makes me and I've been bawling my eyes out. We're currently in the third season which is the best season, of course.

Every time I watch the show I am reminded how much like Toph I am. Stubborn, irritable, blatantly honest, and not one to subscribe to social niceties. She's the best.

I've also got the books on hold at the library. There's been two released graphic novel trilogies so far, and they're currently in the middle of releasing the third (only the first one has been released so far). Has anyone read those?

Ayen
07-13-2014, 10:09 PM
Earth has been my new go-to element for the past couple of months, so earth. There's just so many cool things you can do with earth so I would have a blast (literally and figuratively). I was introduced to Avatar through the movie (I know, I know, boo!) and then checked out the show from there. I enjoyed it, but I think I stopped a few episodes into the first season. Just started doing other things.

Jinx
07-13-2014, 11:00 PM
YOU NEED TO WATCH IT THO IT'S SO GOOD

I like Earth, but I wish Earthbending focused more on plants and not just dirt and rocks. I'd probably want to be an Airbender.

Ayen
07-13-2014, 11:05 PM
YOU NEED TO WATCH IT THO IT'S SO GOOD

I tried finding some of it on DVD, but all I could find was Korra, and there's no point in me watching Korra until I finished Avatar. I'm bad with watching stuff online that isn't GoT or Doctor Who so I'd rather just get it on DVD somewhere.

blackmage_nuke
07-14-2014, 02:49 AM
I like the forms and styles of earthbending as well as general earth kingdom humour (aside from Iroh all the best characters seem to be from the earth kingdom), so I would like to be an earthbender as long as I didnt have to live in Ba Sing Se. Also Badgermoles>Dragons>Sky bison>the moon. I dont really understand how you could consider plants to be "earth".

Hopefully they dont stop the show after Korra because I really want a show about an Earth avatar with a Badgermole

I also wouldnt mind energy bending but I dont think my own spirit is incorruptable so I probably couldnt use it properly.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-14-2014, 03:06 AM
I've always felt an affinity to water. Maybe I'd be a water bender!

These shows are great. The current season of Korra is shaping up to be pretty great and is full of action. Avatar: The Last Airbender is one of my favorite shows of all time though.

NorthernChaosGod
07-14-2014, 09:05 AM
Well Iroh is easily the coolest character, and lightning bending is fucking sweet, so I choose fire. Does airbending have an advanced form like the others?

Quindiana Jones
07-14-2014, 10:01 AM
"I'm too young to die!"
"I'm not! But I still don't wanna!"

Still cracks me up, even to this day. Based on my personality, I suspect I'd be either a Fire or an Earth bender.

Slothy
07-14-2014, 10:34 AM
I'd rather just add heart in there and be Captain Planet.

StarCross1988
07-14-2014, 05:50 PM
I've never watched Avatar, but I always thought it would be super cool to be a water bender for some reason. :lol:

escobert
07-14-2014, 10:49 PM
I was always interested in the show but never watched it. I guess Air or Water since I like blue. But, I hate water so Air I suppose.

Sephiroth
07-14-2014, 10:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mn03iYe6OU

True Hero: Iroh
Best Character: Toph, Iroh
Best Element: Water
Best Book: Aang Earth
Best Avatar: Korra
Best Villain: Phoenix King Ozai
Best Hybrid: Momo
Best Battle: Avatar Aang vs Phoenix King Ozai
Best Couple: Sokka and Suki

Jinx
07-14-2014, 11:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mn03iYe6OU

True Hero: Iroh
Best Character: Toph, Iroh
Best Element: Water
Best Book: Aang Earth
Best Avatar: Korra
Best Villain: Phoenix King Ozai
Best Hybrid: Momo
Best Battle: Avatar Aang vs Phoenix King Ozai
Best Couple: Sokka and Suki

Ooh, this is fun. I'll do mine!

True Hero: Iroh, he's just amazing. I was actually commenting to Denmark that if I had to marry anyone from Avatar, it'd be Iroh. He's a BAMF, but he also knows how to appreciate life.

Best Character: Iroh, see above. Toph, she's awesome and I am her. Appa, he's like a giant puppy dog!

Best Element: Air, it's both the coolest and most useful (although to be fair, Earth and Water are both really useful as well).

Best Book: Aang Fire. I just really like how everything comes together in the final season, and I really appreciate Zuko and Suki officially joining Team Avatar later on.

Best Avatar: Korra (or maybe Roku, if we're counting pre-series Avatars). Don't get me wrong, I love Aang. But I just like that Korra is just winging it. Even though Aang definitely grew and had a lot to learn, Korra is innocent in a lot of ways, and definitely immature. Plus, I love how she's not at all feminine.

Best Villain: Azula, she's a sociopath in a believable and terrifying way. Even though she's a horrible person, I really like Azula as a character. They really do make you hate, and later pity, her.

Best Hybrid: Turtleducks! (Appa's not a hybrid, but obviously Sky Bison are the best species in the show). They are adorable. 'NOUGH SAID

Best Battle: Anything with Iroh, really. Dragon of the West, holla.

Best Couple: Sokka and Suki, they're really the only functional and believable couple. Like, Aang and Katara are great too, but they're a little young.

Sephiroth
07-14-2014, 11:50 PM
The thing with Legend of Aang is that it does not really have a main character. Of course I would say hero - main character - Aang but the whole G-aang is so relevant.

Jinx
07-14-2014, 11:51 PM
That's true. I think it's probably Aang and Katara are the two "main" characters, but it's definitely an ensemble cast for sure. Legend of Korra has that a little bit, but it does focus on Korra more than it does Team Avatar II.

Shiny
07-17-2014, 10:16 PM
None of these. I'm heart. According to Captain Planet that's totally an element.

Freya
07-20-2014, 07:53 PM
The thing I prefer Korra over Last is the soundtrack. like holy fuck Jeremy Zuckman is a god. I mean I like a lot of artist. Typically i'm a fan of Bear McCreary when it comes to TV soundtracks but Zuckerman is hands down amazing.

YokLBvTBhDI

Depression Moon
07-20-2014, 07:57 PM
I'd be an airbender personally, but not a nomad. I'm loving this season so far. my only complaint is that Asami's fine ass has been absent for the past two episodes.

krissy
07-20-2014, 11:09 PM
season 2 of korra was gorgeous but pretty dry in terms of character development i feel like
season 1 was great

we shall see
i like the references to last avatar tho
the library etc

meow meow meow
i really like th eshow

Mercen-X
07-23-2014, 03:24 AM
I can't wait for them to release an Avatar live-action film. Yes, that's my way of denouncing the existence of Shyamalan's Airbender. What a sack that was...

As for bending... as a kid, I probably would have said fire. These days, I feel I could wield pretty much any of the elements. My personality is supposedly of the Element of Air though.