PDA

View Full Version : hello, EOFF!

jodymcdougle
07-13-2014, 10:27 PM
just wanted to say hello to everyone here! I just signed up and haven't made many posts other than some "help! I'm lost!" ones. I'm jody and I'm a pretty big fan of the final fantasy franchise. games by Square and Nintendo are pretty much the only ones that I play. I recently hacked my Nintendo wii in order to play ROMs and I just fell right back in love with some of the older titles! started looking for some of the sites I used to surf and a lot of them aren't around anymore, so I joined up here! hope to make some friends and not get stuck in some games as much. :)

all the best,
Jody

The Man
07-13-2014, 10:28 PM
Welcome an' shit :monster:

Ayen
07-13-2014, 10:34 PM
Welcome to the forum, Jody. I'm ToriJ, resident critic. It's nice to meet you. I pretty much grew up on Nintendo like a lot of kids my age did back then. That, and Sega and PlayStation.

I'm sure someone else will come along asking you what your favorite FF game is, so I'll ask something different: what are some of your favorite Nintendo games?

Psychotic
07-13-2014, 10:58 PM
Welcome to the forums! :)

Colonel Angus
07-13-2014, 11:07 PM
Welcome, Jody. Hope you enjoy your experience here @ EoFF.

Dr Unne
07-13-2014, 11:27 PM
Hi & welcome.

Pike
07-13-2014, 11:29 PM
Hello and welcome to our forum! Hopefully you find some threads here you'll enjoy discussing!

Shauna
07-13-2014, 11:32 PM
Welcome! Hope you enjoy this corner of the internet! Stop in to the chatroom if you fancy, it's a pretty alright place to hang out!

noxious.sunshine
07-13-2014, 11:34 PM
Welcs

Christmas
07-13-2014, 11:38 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/cooltext20850012.gif

Madame Adequate
07-14-2014, 12:28 AM
Hi Jody, welcome to EoFF! Hope you have fun here and make lots of posts :D

jodymcdougle
07-14-2014, 01:31 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

ToriJ, I wish you would've asked what my favorite Final Fantasy was. That would have been a lot easier of a question to answer. :)

Favorite Nintendo games: MarioRPG (of course), Mario64, Zelda: Majora's Mask, I'm a pretty hard guy to compete with at any Mario Kart, I thought that Mario Sunshine was a bit under rated, Mario 3, Earth Bound, duck hunt, pretty much all Mario and Zelda classic titles. To me, they are all works of art. They take a little while to come out with them, but they never miss!

the original Zelda for NES was a crazy game for it's time! I had the gold cartridge for the original NES and played it constantly trying to find new things.

if I had to pick three titles to play on a deserted island, they would be: Mario 3, ocarina of time, and any Mario kart.

Ayen
07-14-2014, 01:34 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

ToriJ, I wish you would've asked what my favorite Final Fantasy was. That would have been a lot easier of a question to answer. :)

Favorite Nintendo games: MarioRPG (of course), Mario64, Zelda: Majora's Mask, I'm a pretty hard guy to compete with at any Mario Kart, I thought that Mario Sunshine was a bit under rated, Mario 3, Earth Bound, duck hunt, pretty much all Mario and Zelda classic titles. To me, they are all works of art. They take a little while to come out with them, but they never miss!

the original Zelda for NES was a crazy game for it's time! I had the gold cartridge for the original NES and played it constantly trying to find new things.

if I had to pick three titles to play on a deserted island, they would be: Mario 3, ocarina of time, and any Mario kart.

I'm not afraid to ask the tough questions :stare:

I pretty much approve of all your listed favorites. I'm sure I would approve of Earthbound if I ever get around to playing a Ness game. I think I've seen some Mario Kart competitions in the General Gaming Board as well as talk of Mario Kart 8 so they may be of interest to you.

fire_of_avalon
07-14-2014, 02:04 AM
Hi, jodymcdougle!

Freya
07-14-2014, 02:06 AM
Welcome to the forums! Hope you stick around. Saw you already posting a bit. Which makes me happy! :D WELCOME

jodymcdougle
07-14-2014, 02:16 AM
I compete in the Mario kart competitions when I see them going on a pretty good bit! NES titles aren't exactly as fun as they used to be. I've got plenty of them though!

I like this forum! I'm a member of several other forums/networks: sound, tech, art, facebook, etc. but here we all have at least a thing or two in common! :)

The Man
07-14-2014, 02:22 AM
I'm sure I would approve of Earthbound if I ever get around to playing a Nes game.

EarthBound is a SNES game :colbert:

Ayen
07-14-2014, 02:45 AM
I'm sure I would approve of Earthbound if I ever get around to playing a Nes game.

EarthBound is a SNES game :colbert:

I missed an S. I meant the character, not the system.

The Man
07-14-2014, 02:47 AM
oh, that explains why NES wasn't in all caps

Psychotic
07-15-2014, 06:28 PM
Hello Jody thanks for joining! What is that avatar from, just out of curiosity? :)

Bubba
07-15-2014, 06:54 PM
Welcome to EOFF! :D

You missed the Super Mario Kart challenge that took place last month. You might have been able to give myself and Endless a bit of a challenge!