PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing things you do! (Come on, be brave and share, EoFF!)

Jinx
07-14-2014, 12:24 AM
Last night I was laying in bed and Denmark needed to find something, so he told me to cover my eyes while he turned on the light. I put a pillow over my face and couldn't see anything, so I was playing Toph/Earthbending. I was doing all the movements and making sounds. Yup!

What are some silly things you do?

EDIT: Just for reference, Toph is the character in my set, and she's blind.

Ayen
07-14-2014, 12:28 AM
I'll act out entire scenes all by myself so anyone who sees me doing it would probably think I'm crazy. Back when I was a kid I'd make a square on the driveway to represent a wrestling ring and wrestle with myself. I never got to see how ridiculous I looked, but I'm sure it was fairly ridiculous.

One time during church years ago I opened a door while Sunday school was in session and just stared blankly at everyone before leaving.

I'm sure there are a thousand of instances more recent that I'm forgetting right now, but these were the first things to pop into my head.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-14-2014, 02:53 AM
I don't get embarrassed easily so I don't really know. I'm extremely clumsy so I'm always tripping over nothing and it leaves for amusing moments sometimes. Anytime I wash the dishes at work I always end up with water all over the bottom of my shirt and top of my pants, and so whenever I leave the back room when I'm not wearing the apron I'll get dirty or grossed out looks from other mall employees because they think I've peed myself. That's always fun too.

Shiny
07-14-2014, 06:19 AM
One in the same ToriJ. I wrestled with myself before, acted out scenes from movies, in fact the wrestling was me acting out the scene from Fight Club. Luckily I didn't injure myself. Almost everything I did as a kid kind of embarrasses me. I remember even kissing a wall to learn how to kiss.

I was a lot crazier as a kid and my imagination had no bounds -- kind of like the guy in Big Fish, but then I just learned to mimic what was normal as an adult.

Shorty
07-14-2014, 07:22 AM
I talk to my dog like he's a person. I tell him about my day like I'm having a conversation with another human being. (He understands, okay guys, he just can't respond in any other way other than by licking me.)

Christmas
07-14-2014, 10:26 AM
Whenever I am holding an umbrella or something long, I would imagine myself holding a lightsaber and started swinging it around. :bigsmile:

There was once I tried spinning my umbrella (like General Grievous, lol )on the way to work and broke it. Alas, the power of the dark side had triumphed and I will get drenched in the rain. :(

Luckily some gentleman offered me his umbrella and sheltered me to my destination. :bigsmile:

He asked for my phone number in return and I told him to commute with me through the force. :bigsmile:

Sephex
07-14-2014, 10:43 AM
I am the best fart man ever. I guess that doesn't count because I am not embarrassed about it. I was playing a table top RPG and out of nowhere I yelled, "I CAN'T STOP IT!!!" *farts loudly* The DM acted as if my character did it and the cool armor that we would have had melted.

I guess I wouldn't want people who don't know me that well seeing me baby talk my cat.

Pumpkin
07-14-2014, 04:01 PM
People at checkouts in stores seem to love me and sharky because we start silly arguments over nothing. Not actual arguments, but stuff like I think Kirby is cool and sharky says he is not cool (he is btw :stare:) and the clerks are visibly trying not to laugh at us

Alive-Cat
07-14-2014, 11:52 PM
I have so many things I could say that they've caused a traffic jam in my head to escape so I'll just say this for now!

People think I make meow noises kind of just like a joke like that's just me but, when I'm on my own, if something scares or hurts me, annoys me, whatever, I literally meow, a meow sound appropriate to the situation. It has become a natural response that I actually don't consciously have to try anymore, it just happens :(

Scotty_ffgamer
07-15-2014, 05:00 AM
This is more awesome than embarrassing in my mind, but a coworker and I were singing songs and reenacting scenes from Les Miserables all day today. It was a pretty slow day. We do things like this frequently when we work together.

Shorty
07-15-2014, 05:01 AM
This is more awesome than embarrassing in my mind, but a coworker and I were singing songs and reenacting scenes from Les Miserables all day today. It was a pretty slow day. We do things like this frequently when we work together.

Which scenes? And who was who? This is important.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-15-2014, 06:16 AM
I was Javert and he was Jean Valjean. We mostly did the Confrontation a bunch because he knew Valjean's lines for that one for the most part. We also did Look Down a few times. We just liked doing songs where we are essentially yelling at each other in song form, haha.

Also, we both just kind of did everyone in One Day More. After that it was mainly just me singing stuff because he couldn't remember the words. At one point some Futurama music was thrown in the mix. And Fiddler on the Roof.

This wasn't the case today, but we also sometimes make parodies of Beatles songs about making pretzels and whatever when we get bored. "Here Comes The Scott" is the one we reference the most. Pretzel Making in the Dead Of Night is another hit.

Christmas
07-15-2014, 09:25 AM
People think I make meow noises kind of just like a joke like that's just me but, when I'm on my own, if something scares or hurts me, annoys me, whatever, I literally meow, a meow sound appropriate to the situation. It has become a natural response that I actually don't consciously have to try anymore, it just happens :(

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/48918810.jpg

Iceglow
07-15-2014, 08:54 PM
I'm generally up for any work based hi-jinx which will see me making an utter tit of myself. For example, at my new job: "Steve, you're playing for us in the Table Tennis tournament right?" "Uh, sure, I've not played in nearly 10 years and have been here a week but hell why not? It should be a laugh!" I won my first game 11 - 0 which wasn't too hard considering I was playing Poppy whose closest to scoring a point was literally making me dodge getting smacked in the face with the ball. I lost my second game 11 - 4, though the guy did go on to win the tournament so shouldn't feel so bad.

noxious.sunshine
07-16-2014, 09:07 PM
I have a bad habit of slipping into a Minnesota/Bobby Generic's Mom/Sarah Palin accent sometimes. It hasn't happened in awhile, though, I just realized. I used to do it at work though, and everyone would crack up laughing.

When I was little, I literally had most of the dialogue from "Beauty & the Beast" and "The Lion King" memorized. And we had a huge front yard.. I would belt out that song Belle sings in the beginning and run down towards the end of our yard like I was her. ... We lived right beside a highway. I also used to put on this pastel rainbow-ish off the shoulder dress my sister wore to a pageant when she was younger and pretend like I was Princess Peach. And I'd make this kid that I kinda hated be Bowser and he'd chase me around in the woods.

Yellow_Magic
07-17-2014, 12:06 AM
I listen to music while taking a dump

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-18-2014, 01:21 AM
Really any post I made in my teenage years.

Parker
07-22-2014, 06:11 PM
haha smetimes i will just burst into tears and cry and cry and cry haha

jodymcdougle
07-22-2014, 06:17 PM
Whenever I am holding an umbrella or something long, I would imagine myself holding a lightsaber and started swinging it around. :bigsmile:

There was once I tried spinning my umbrella (like General Grievous, lol )on the way to work and broke it. Alas, the power of the dark side had triumphed and I will get drenched in the rain. :(

Luckily some gentleman offered me his umbrella and sheltered me to my destination. :bigsmile:

He asked for my phone number in return and I told him to commute with me through the force. :bigsmile:

this is so funny and cool! :)

Formalhaut
07-22-2014, 06:32 PM
I would sooner die than share my embarrassing stuff!

Yellow_Magic
07-22-2014, 07:24 PM
Really any post I made in my teenage years.
In a post of mine I made on another forum when I was 13, I wrote how I didn't hate blacks but didn't like "black culture". Jesus Cringe

blackmage_nuke
07-23-2014, 07:51 PM
I post on a Final Fantasy Forum.

Also when Im listening to music on a train I air guitar frequently and the longer the train ride is the more bored I become, the less I care about looking crazy and the flashier my air guitaring becomes.

Vyk
07-23-2014, 09:49 PM
A year and a half ago, I got my fiancee a cat. I am HIGHLY allergic to cats. I used to take medication for it. Even went to the hospital a couple of times. Bought a respirator. We did a lot of research to find the most hypoalergenic cat. One of the highest rated in that regard were long haired norwegian forest cats. Long haired cats in general don't shed as much as they do clump. And there was something about their saliva that was less prone to cause allergy issues. I think they were also more prone to grooming so they'd leave even less hair and dander around. So we started looking, and pretty much on our first visit to the local Humane Society we found our Keela and got her the next day. She was maincoon and Russian forest cat. So pretty close to what we were looking for. Anyone that knows what a maincoon is knows they're some of the biggest domestic cats around. She must have been the runt, 'cause she's tiny. But we ended up solving all my allergy issues with humidifiers and vaporizors and just making the living space water friendly. It pretty much just helps my body deal with the issues that comes with allergies though. Like I can breathe, but I have a constant runny nose. And this also means that anytime I go to less humid places (like my place of work), all that snot and mucous dries up

Suffice to say, I am in constant need of picking my nose... It was annoying and embarrassing at first, and even at that, I think my body has adapted lately and it's less needed now. But I no longer shy away from clearing out my sinuses in front of my girlfriend, since it's basically her fault :P She just had to have a cat

jodymcdougle
07-23-2014, 09:55 PM
Suffice to say, I am in constant need of picking my nose... It was annoying and embarrassing at first, and even at that, I think my body has adapted lately and it's less needed now. But I no longer shy away from clearing out my sinuses in front of my girlfriend, since it's basically her fault :P She just had to have a cat

I like this story! mine has a bunch of cats too! they are all pretty cool and each has their own personality, but man they can be messy and make mess with sinuses.

Mahad
07-24-2014, 01:32 AM
lots of things I posted when I first got to online forums. some purely nonsense, some seriously messed up, and others.